Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 13  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is the Door Closed?
7 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 4:06PM #21
johnacancienne

Mar 25, 2011 -- 8:41PM, realif wrote:

Why do you keep telling me that?

Ummmm; How about because it's Jewish doctrine?

Apr 2, 2011 -- 1:32PM, jonny42 wrote:

You can believe what you want to believe. I believe Yeshua is the Messiah,

How can you call yourself a Jew and not know the definition of messiah? This is Judaism 101 here!

1. the promised and expected deliverer of the Jewish people.

2. any expected deliverer.

3. a zealous leader of some cause or project.

This is how Jews regard the messiah. On the other hand, Jesus Christ, regarded by Christians as fulfilling this promise and expectation. John 4:25, 26. is strictly a Christian concept. 

You are more than free to believe however you choose. You are free to call yourself a Jew if it makes you feel better. But based on all you say, you aren't a Jew.

It isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 5:31PM #22
realif

The meaning of bigotry according to Websters dictionary is intolerance to someones beliefs according to ones own beliefs.  What I have posted are not just my beliefs, they are the beliefs of others like me who have studied and found the truth.   You know it's an interesting concept that many times what you believe is accurate in reality isn't.  It's obvious you don't wish to learn or study to dispute what I have said, just call me names.  O.K.  I've been called names before, you know the old saying,'sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me. '

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 5:51PM #23
wohali

Realif, so, do you really believe that what you posted about Catholics is the "TRUTH"tm?

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 7:43PM #24
mainecaptain

Apr 2, 2011 -- 5:31PM, realif wrote:

The meaning of bigotry according to Websters dictionary is intolerance to someones beliefs according to ones own beliefs.  What I have posted are not just my beliefs, they are the beliefs of others like me who have studied and found the truth.   You know it's an interesting concept that many times what you believe is accurate in reality isn't.  It's obvious you don't wish to learn or study to dispute what I have said, just call me names.  O.K.  I've been called names before, you know the old saying,'sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me. '

Apr 2, 2011 -- 5:51PM, wohali wrote:

Realif, so, do you really believe that what you posted about Catholics is the "TRUTH"tm?

Yes Realif

"Realif, so, do you really believe that what you posted about Catholics is the "TRUTH"tm?"

DO you?,

Keep in mind, just because you believe it, does not mean it is true. Certainly not about other people

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 9:16PM #25
johnacancienne

Apr 2, 2011 -- 5:51PM, wohali wrote:

Of course it's true! She got taught that in Saturday School, (or whatever the MJ's call Sunday School.)

It isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 10:04PM #26
LeahOne

Apr 2, 2011 -- 5:31PM, realif wrote:

Who are these other people who 'found out the truth' that Catholics pray to their priests - Jack Chick and teh Westboro Baptist Church? 

No supporting 'evidence', not even a link - that assertion has got to be just one more lie.

There is NO dispute about whether or not Catholics pray to their priests in the confessional - and only a truly idiotic bigot would try to defend their defamation of RC faith by claiming there's any 'dispute' on that topic.

The view of the RC confessional you've presented ins not just 'wrong':  it's an abomination and an attack on another faith.  More proof to me that you were never taught ANYTHING about how to be a Jew:  we know better than to slander others' faiths.

Look, 'realif':  NO amount of your huffing and puffing and carrying on is getting you off this hook you've chosen to place yourself upon. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 10:16PM #27
mainecaptain

I can not believe someone could look themselves in the mirror after such a lie. And this person claims to follow......................what god?

I also can not understand why such a lie would be spoken, in the first place

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 10:51PM #28
peterthesplitfish

Realif,

I was raised a Catholic and we never 'prayed' in a closet. The confessional as it is called, was a 'safe' place for people to go who felt they needed to get things off of their chest. The praying took place afterward and not in the confessional, but then again, I was just raised that way even though I am not one now.

What Yeshua described is not at all what you think. You have no clue what Yeshua meant, and I know that from your own comments to other people. I am not judging you, I am using discernment and seeing you for what you are.

Peter

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 1:31PM #29
mainecaptain

Apr 2, 2011 -- 10:51PM, peterthesplitfish wrote:

Realif,

I was raised a Catholic and we never 'prayed' in a closet. The confessional as it is called, was a 'safe' place for people to go who felt they needed to get things off of their chest. The praying took place afterward and not in the confessional, but then again, I was just raised that way even though I am not one now.

What Yeshua described is not at all what you think. You have no clue what Yeshua meant, and I know that from your own comments to other people. I am not judging you, I am using discernment and seeing you for what you are.

Peter

Exactly Peter, the confessional is a form of Spiritual therapy. The priest helps people resolve and hopefully in their minds absolve people of their sins, After you speak with, (NOT PRAY TO) the priest, you leave the confessional chamber and pray to the father god, (The god of Abraham)

Why do people feel it is necessary to denigrate other peoples religious and spiritual practices? Obviously insulting other people makes the person doing the insulting and hurting  get some kind of thrill. Not a very spiritual thing to do, is it?

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 5:10PM #30
LeahOne

Maine, my best guess in this instance is that the poster feels completely isolated - after all, not a single one of the 'MJ" congregations or associations we've located online info for seem to share her 'Jesus the nondivine human' belief.  In fact, every one I've seen tends to be 'trinitarian'.

It must be unnerving to find the groups which use the exact same 'label'one has created for oneself, give that label a very different meaning - irreconcilably different, so far as I can tell.

And at no time has there been even a single other poster who shares the POV....nor have the many attempts to 'enlighten' (= CONVERT!) the Jewish posters here been at all successful.  

We humans are social animals:  we like to be part of a group sometime, at least.  And very many of us are raised to participate in religious rituals as part of a community group, so we miss that aspect when it's not available.  After all, a lot of religious doctrine is about how we should treat one another in society.....

Anyway, that's my take on the 'attacks':  I think they're less deliberate planned assaults, than eruptions of such frustration.   When one has such strong belief but no body of accurate knowledge to support it, I think that frustration is inevitable....

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 13  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook