Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 13  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is the Door Closed?
7 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2011 - 3:27PM #11
mainecaptain

"Realif" why do you need someone else to pay for your sins? Why is it not enough for you to believe you have a direct line to YHVH?, why do you need an intermediary? Unless of course you are Christian?

Why do you need to keep attacking Judaism when you clearly believe in Christianity. Why can't you admit to being Christian, and just be proud of your Jewish ancestry?

Moderated by Beautiful_Dreamer on Apr 13, 2011 - 12:03PM
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2011 - 8:15PM #12
realif

Maine captain, I believe I have over the time I've been here explained what I believe more then adequately.  I've repeatedly  stated I believe Yeshua and His family were Jews, I was born to a Jewish women therefore I am a Jew.  To me Christianity is a farce, it stems from Paganism and I have posted a very long article on where it comes from.  You don't believe me fine, I know who and what I am and the only other person I care about is the Father.  If you wish to discuss something, I'm here, otherwise please don't insult me by asking the same question.  I'ver answered the question more then once.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 12:39PM #13
rocketjsquirell

Real

A statement of faith is not the same thing as an explanation.

In this case I proposed the following question:

The following is a question for evangelicals and so called MJers.

Is the Door Closed?

“For which is a great nation that has a God who is close to it, as the  Lord our God whenever we call to Him?” (Deuteronomy 4:7). “The Lord is  close to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him sincerely”  (Psalm 145:18). “O Hearer of prayer, unto you does all flesh come”  (Psalm 65:3). “Trust in Him at every moment, O People! Pour out your  hearts before Him; God is a refuge for us, Selah” (Psalm 62:9).

All these words were spoken centuries before the advent of  Christianity. The prophets assured us that our Father in heaven hears  our prayers and answers them – if we but turn to Him with sincerity.

How then can we accept the claim of a man who says “… no one cometh  unto the Father, but by me” (John 14:6)? This dark teaching is openly  refuted by the words of God’s prophets.

and Maine Captain asked you the related question

"Realif" why do you need someone else to pay for your sins? Why is it not enough for you to believe you have a direct line to YHVH?, why do you need an intermediary? Unless of course you are Christian?

Your response to both questions was that you believe what you believe. I suppose that such a statement satisfies you, but it does nothing to help us understand why, while you claim that the Hebrew Bible is authoritative and while the Hebrew bible says no intermediary is necessary between man and the divine you nevertheless assert that a mediator (in the form of  Jesus) is necessary. 

As I have previously informed you, even assuming that you would be considered Halachically Jewish by birth, your adoption of a religion other than Judaism means you would no longer be considered Jewish by the Jewish community. (If you started out Jewish it would mean you are an apostate) Since you have chosen another community, I really do not understand why not being a part of the Jewish community would bother you. 

Moderated by Beautiful_Dreamer on Apr 13, 2011 - 12:04PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 6:26PM #14
realif

I don't need anyone else to pray for me, I think the Catholic way of praying to a priest in a small closet is foolish.  Yeshua taught us to pray the Our Father prayer and told us to go into a closet and close the door and pray to the Father in secret, this action on the part of Catholics supposedly represents the closet?  I don't know the reason behind this, all I know is I talk to the Father all day everyday, at home, in the car out shopping anywhere, I know He's there, I do not need anyone else present.

When are you going to explain to me what you believe.  So far the explanations on your part are confusing.  It's obvious you don't believe in Yeshua, but there have been other beliefs on this forum that are neither Jewish or Christian.  I also believe instead of listening to and believing man made Christianity, if you're so interested in what I believe read the words of the New Testament that would explain more then I could.  You believe it's fiction anyway so how can it hurt.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 8:49PM #15
LeahOne

Mar 28, 2011 -- 6:26PM, realif wrote:

I don't need anyone else to pray for me, I think the Catholic way of praying to a priest in a

small closet is foolish.

WHAT????Do you have any idea what is ACTUALLY going on in a confessional - or are you simply repeating the filthy lies of some stupid 'Chick' tract?????

Catholics do NOT 'pray to a priest' - they do NOT pray to Mary, either.  SHEESH! That is about the most insane and idiotic bit o' antiCatholic bigotry I've heard in years.....

It would indeed be foolish - but not half so foolish as posting such idiotic falsehoods and thinking nobody will notice....

Yeshua taught us to pray the Our Father prayer and told us to go into a closet and close the door and pray to the Father in secret, this action on the part of Catholics supposedly represents the closet?  I don't know the reason behind this, all I know is I talk to the Father all day everyday, at home, in the car out shopping anywhere, I know He's there, I do not need anyone else present.

There IS no reason for that 'action - because it does not happen.  Only in the small minds of ignorant Catholic-haters.....

When are you going to explain to me what you believe. So far the explanations on your part are confusing. 

Who do you want to start, and with what?  What are you 'confused' about?

It's obvious you don't believe in Yeshua, but there have been other beliefs on this forum that are neither Jewish or Christian. 

LOLOLOL!   Now that's ridiculous!  you admit you never learned about Judaism in any way.  Logically, it is therefore IMPOSSIBLE for you to understand when a belief is Jewish and when it's not.  ALL that you know about, evidently, is that 'Jesus' is NOT on the menu, and that it has something to do with the Hebrew Bible (of which you also know NOTHING:  you prefer the Christianized 'OT" in translation....)

Maine is a pagan:  she'd have to explain her faith and beliefs to you.  I'm not up to such a huge responsibility : ((  and I'm sure Maine is understanding about that.  I DO know the important thing, though - which is that Maine believes in doing Good and does not worship or condone Evil.

I also believe instead of listening to and believing man made Christianity, if you're so interested in what I believe read the words of the New Testament that would explain more then I could. 

If all you do is draw your beliefs from the NT, that's been redacted and edited and censored by the Christian Church Fathers several times over.   Oh, and some things you believe, seem to contradict the words in the NT - all those places where other people, Paul for one, are claiming Jesus was/is GOD......

I'm not so much interested in what you believe about Jesus, as in your utterly preosterous claim that your Jesus-beliefs are somehow 'Jewish', while you must admit you are ignorant of what 'Jewish' actually means in terms of content.

You believe it's fiction anyway so how can it hurt.

NO, that's not accurate.  But I don't expect you to understand this:  My view is that it's the faith document of a faith other than mine.  And so it's true for those who beleive it, but it does not have any bearing on my path or my relationship with my GOD (Who is, by all accounts, the same GOD).

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 10:01PM #16
mainecaptain

Even I can recognize Jewish ideas from Christian. Probably because I am quite familiar with Christian.

Jews and non Christians do not have Jesus  as part of their theology. Most of the world knows what he is to Christianity, but he is nothing to those not Christian and thus not thought about pretty much at all. (Why should he be, he is from an all together different belief system).

Except when discussing it on boards like this. Or occasionally with family members who are Christian.

Apart from that. I never think about Jesus. Not part of my pantheon. I can be respectful to those who value him, and I am. But I do not have to tolerate him be forced on people.

I still don't understand why one can't be happy being Christian, why pretend to be something you are not, why pretend to be Jewish if you worship or feel a need for Jesus as intermediary ? As has been stated, we are all free to worship as we see fit, but we can  not call something , something it is not. Thor, Isis and Poseidon  are not part of Judaism  and neither is Jesus.

And that insult towards Catholicism is beyond contempt, no one prays to a priest in a confessional. In fact no praying is done at all in a confessional. No one prays to Mary either at least not as a god, but rather in the same way a person here on earth prays for a friend, who is in need,  the way prayer circles do, Catholics ask Mary to ask god (the Abrahamic father G-d) to help them.

They do not think of Mary as a god, so they do not worship her.

They show respect for Mary, because she was the Mother of Jesus, no more then that. Remember if Jesus existed he probably loved his mother.

Having said all that, if they did, that would not be anyone's business but theirs, it is their religion and they are free to conduct their relationship with their god in their own way.

I somehow feel my point will be lost, but anyway.

I hope those running this topic forgive me if I strayed off topic. I do apologize.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2011 - 6:54PM #17
realif

Those remarks aren't even worth answering.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2011 - 8:35PM #18
wohali

"Those remarks aren't even worth answering."

You really think Catholics pray in a closet to a preist?

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2011 - 10:23PM #19
mainecaptain

Apr 1, 2011 -- 6:54PM, realif wrote:

They are worth answering, you simply do not have the answers.

They were responses to the things you yourself stated

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2011 - 10:51AM #20
LeahOne

Apr 1, 2011 -- 6:54PM, realif wrote:

You're right:  the disgusting anti-Catholic bigotry shown by such breathtaking ignorance and vindictiveness is beneath contempt and doesn't deserve 'debate' any more than blood libel accusations or Holocaust denial!

What kind of Jew would mock a RC's beliefs?  Just because the official doctrine of the RCC is a mix of poorly-interpreted Torah and extraneous Pagan mystery cult rituals, does NOT mean that they are not sincere in their dedication to YHVH, or decent people, or trying to follow Torah in some fashion.  Why then should their worship be mocked?  Are they not in the same Image of GOD as we?

This so REEKS of the 'Protty Fundy' bigotry of a JAck Chick it's nauseating.  And I have NO patience with it.

The least that anyone who wanted to be taken seriously could do is GET THEIR INFORMATION CORRECT.

I've dealt with grade-schoolers who did better 'research' than ol' 'realif' here..... and in more mature fashion, they were willing to acknowledge when their 'info' was shown to be inaccurate.

Remember the persistent denial shown here over Darwin's research on FINCHES?  Here we go again, and again......

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 13  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook