Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Switch to Forum Live View Is the Door Closed?
3 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2011 - 9:22PM #121
Bunsinspace

BS"D

I can see you really must be a student of philosophy as anybody who lives in the real world understands inherently that there is no such thing as an "ideal" except in somebody's limited imagination.  Meanwhile if anybody thinks they can do better enforcing the ROC I earnestly encourage such a person to volunteer rather than bitching about how the job is done.

Moderated by Beautiful_Dreamer on Jun 13, 2011 - 08:13PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2011 - 12:37AM #122
johnacancienne

Really? I could have sworn idealpische had to do with Protestant Religion and Capitalism, not the mods enforcing the rules of conduct here on Belief net. Odd how your reality works, ain't it. In your reality, any neat looking word to toss as an insult to people upholding the rules of a society (and Belief Net can be called that, complete with their own ordinances to be obeyed), is of value to you. The fact you haven't a clue as to the appropriate usage for these words is of no importance. You apply any new word you find out of context,  and use it in the most derogatory manner possible.

Which reminds me..... Could you tell me again the color of the sky in the fantasy world you live in?

Moderated by Beautiful_Dreamer on Jun 13, 2011 - 08:15PM
It isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2011 - 3:17AM #123
Miguel_de_servet

Jun 7, 2011 -- 9:22PM, Bunsinspace wrote:

I can see you really must be a student of philosophy as anybody who lives in the real world understands inherently that there is no such thing as an "ideal" except in somebody's limited imagination.

Every written rule, which, by definition, does not account for all the possible shades of context, is ideal ...

MdS

Moderated by Beautiful_Dreamer on Jun 13, 2011 - 08:21PM
Revelation is above, not against Reason

“The everlasting God is a refuge, and underneath you are his eternal arms ...” (Deut 33:27)
“Do you have an arm like God, and can you thunder with a voice like his?” (Job 40:9)
“By the Lord’s word [dabar] the heavens were made; and by the breath [ruwach] of his mouth all their host.” (Psalm 33:6)
“Who would have believed what we just heard? When was the arm of the Lord revealed through him?” (Isaiah 53:1)
“Lord, who has believed our message, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” (John 12:38)
“For not the hearers of the law are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be declared righteous.” (Romans 2:13)

“Owe no one anything, except to love one another, for the one who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.”(Romans 13:8)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook