Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
4 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2011 - 4:10PM #11
Paravani

Mar 24, 2011 -- 2:35PM, Nay_ho_tze wrote:

57 - All scripture is open to personal interpretation.
In my tradition it is how Creator can speak to each
and every one of us individually.

I do not need you or anyone else to interpret the Bible -
neither do most of the regulars who frequent this forum ...
Therefore...

Be advised that within the parameters
and local guidelines set for this forum,
you are still proselytizing,
which is cause for deletion of posts....
unless of course you seek to debate the veracity of the Bible -
which is totally off-topic in this forum
and again, is actionable under the Rules of Conduct.

Either get with the program for this forum, friend, 
and honour its local guidelines -
or move along -
you have no business here.

NHT
host

Thanks, NHT.

It's kind of a bummer how the "Famous Past Life" thread got hi-jacked and turned into an argument about whether or not Christians are allowed to have past lives. (As if being "allowed" had any effect whatsoever on remembering past lives!)

Just when it was starting to get interesting, too!  I wish Bouncy-Baby had left her posts...

Love and appreciation for all you do,

-- Claudia

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2011 - 10:00PM #12
peterthesplitfish

Paravani,

The Christian church has a long history of 'taking' over that which does not belong to them in the name of their Jesus/god. It is not surprising that another one would show up here to 'redirect' us back to the dogmatic flock and worship the Jesus/god of Constantine. They have a long history of changing things to work in their favor and use fear tactics to keep people from questioning their faith and hold up dogmas and doctrines above what was really written about Yeshua. They do not in any way understand how the soul of Yeshua came to be Yeshua from the Alpha of ignorance to the Omega of completion through many lives and sufferings that were gladly done so that that soul ultimately reached the true Sabbath or rest. While they promote a 7 day a week calendar, souls are not subject to that because they are not bound by the laws of men, but are bound by the higher Laws that were created to keep all things moving even when they seem to be standing still. They conveniently ignore what Edgar Cayce discovered quite by accident through a gift. They ignore their own history. They ignore patterns of mind and thought that repeat to help instruct on a higher level. They are asleep to the higher patterns of mind, body, and spirit that are still in the gospels today. Also the seven kingdoms are there too if one has the spiritual eyes to see it:

7 Elder Son - Indwelling Spirit

6 Soul - Your likeness - Being of Light - Child of the Prodigal Son & Elder Son

5 Prodigal Son

4 Man - the Harmonizer - Embryonic Soul Images spread across many lifetimes

3 Animal - Feminine Reflection

2 Vegetable - Feminine Reflection

1 Mineral - Feminine Reflection

When Yeshua allegorically entered into Yerushalem, he was on an ass (animal) with palm fronds under him (vegetable) and the animal was on the ground (mineral). He harmonized the lower three into the upper three that are male reflections. You will never find this in a Christian church anywhere because it does not fit into their dogma or doctrine.

Peter

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2011 - 2:17AM #13
DotNotInOz

Mar 24, 2011 -- 4:10PM, Paravani wrote:

Mar 24, 2011 -- 2:35PM, Nay_ho_tze wrote:

57 - All scripture is open to personal interpretation.
In my tradition it is how Creator can speak to each
and every one of us individually.

I do not need you or anyone else to interpret the Bible -
neither do most of the regulars who frequent this forum ...
Therefore...

Be advised that within the parameters
and local guidelines set for this forum,
you are still proselytizing,
which is cause for deletion of posts....
unless of course you seek to debate the veracity of the Bible -
which is totally off-topic in this forum
and again, is actionable under the Rules of Conduct.

Either get with the program for this forum, friend, 
and honour its local guidelines -
or move along -
you have no business here.

NHT
host

Thanks, NHT.

It's kind of a bummer how the "Famous Past Life" thread got hi-jacked and turned into an argument about whether or not Christians are allowed to have past lives. (As if being "allowed" had any effect whatsoever on remembering past lives!)

Just when it was starting to get interesting, too!  I wish Bouncy-Baby had left her posts...

Love and appreciation for all you do,

-- Claudia

Thanks to you as well, Claudia, for making the point that 57 seems to be primarily intent upon demanding that we all agree with his view of what Christianity involves and of what constitutes a real Christian.

To 57: I'm long past tired of trying to reason with people such as yourself about the dubious validity of the canon text we have today. You obviously prefer to believe what you've been told is true about the nature and history of Christian Scripture. Your prerogative and not a topic I'm interested in pursuing further here and now.

You and I'll do far better to "agree to disagree," because you don't seem the slightest bit amenable to discussion about reincarnation with the intent of possibly learning that your view could change.

Now, if you truly are curious about what I said regarding why a soul might choose to be born blind, then we might...just might...have a basis for discussion. That much, I'll give a shot at if you're genuinely interested and not merely looking for yet another inroad to demonstrate how right your beliefs and how wrong mine.

[Cautionary note to 57: 

Mar 24, 2011 -- 1:06AM, 57 wrote:

Did you catch that?  I underlined it for you.

If you persist in being this condescending and patronizing, we truly have no basis for further discussion. Leave off such, and we'll get along far better, I assure you. ]

Care to give it a try on a more even playing field?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2011 - 9:45AM #14
peterthesplitfish

Shalom Dot,

What being able to 'see' your past lives does is to bring those vibrations of 'being' into the now, that is to learn from what they represent for you. Time is not what modern man believes it to be and quantum physicists are the only ones besides true Gnostics who understand this. Time is an illusion of being created from within by the Laws to twist one and test one. If one has eyes to see, one can see the Laws in action and how history repeats itself through the twisting of the Laws back upon those who still have not learned the lessons at hand. Those who are on a lower rung of the allegorical ladder of Jacob can only handle those things which the Laws give them to handle. Those who are higher up the ladder are given 'more' to be challenged with. That is made clear in the Gospel of Thomas 2: Yeshua said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the all."

Also related to this sort of knowledge is in G of T 5: Yeshua said, "Recognize what is in your (sg) sight, and that which is hidden from you (sg) will become plain to you (sg). For there is nothing hidden which will not become manifest."

When speaking to my daughter about past lives, I try to explain in terms of each life lived leaves behind a fragment that in most is like an unfinished immage because it was not brought into completeness. Again there is a reference to this in G of T 84: Yeshua said, "When you see your likeness, you rejoice. But when you see your images which came into being before you and which neither die nor become manifest, how much you will have to bear!"

That means that once one is given the gift to 'see' these past reflections one will struggle with that truth and will wonder why it was they did not learn, but then again, they are in the now and can overcome those non-manifestations and bring them to completion or ripen that fruit as Yeshua often referred to it as.

There is a great deal of wisdom (bread) in the Gospel of Thomas for those who are ready to digest such food.

Peter

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2011 - 8:23PM #15
Nay_ho_tze

Howdy, peterthesplitfish -

your passion is palably refreshing -
Keep in mind ...
often in this multi-faith forum,
everyone's spiritual digestion is individually tuned ...
St. Thomas works for you -
that's awesome! Truly!
It's good to have a handbook -

Handbooks are informed by a society's traditions and cultures
specific to a People's needs ...

What's important is that eventually any handbook gets memorized
by the obsessively dedicated PLM worker ...

*winks at Dot*

...and that's when some of us are winging it mostly on inner guidance -

Anway, IME remembering a PLM is not so much about the method -
as it is about the means to the soul's self-discovery -

Have you experienced a past life memory? Do tell...

=D

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2011 - 4:12AM #16
DotNotInOz

Mar 27, 2011 -- 9:45AM, peterthesplitfish wrote:

...once one is given the gift to 'see' these past reflections one will struggle with that truth and will wonder why it was they did not learn, but then again, they are in the now and can overcome those non-manifestations and bring them to completion or ripen that fruit as Yeshua often referred to it as.

There is a great deal of wisdom (bread) in the Gospel of Thomas for those who are ready to digest such food.

Peter

If you'll forgive my putting it so bluntly, Peter, as NHT alluded in her post, you're preaching to the choir here. Useful information possibly for those new to the business of exploring past lives but info that I've long since encountered in my decades-long study of various beliefs about reincarnation as well as my own explorations into my past lives.

I didn't find the Thomas Gospel particularly illuminating for me. It's interesting, but I'm generally more attuned to the Asian mode of thinking about rebirth.

But then, when I "tune into" a past life, I typically can quickly identify why I failed to accomplish the spiritual lesson chosen and thus understand why I'm seeing aspects of that past life just then in my current lifetime. What I can do now about what I see often isn't immediately clear, and in some cases still isn't clear to me, but I've worked with this sort of thing so intensively and for such a long period of time that what you said largely was quite elementary to me. Useful and helpful for those just getting into past lives, to be sure, so I'm not discounting at all what you offered.

Edited to add that I do agree with you that very structured religions with distinct rules and laws which their believers must follow draw so-called "young souls" with little past-life experience as yet. Makes sense to me since parents give children definite rules with consequences until the children achieve a level of maturity and experience to be permitted more freedom to make their own choices without as many strictures of "do-this-not-that." Thus, a person who hasn't as yet had many past lives prefers to be told what to do, because the person's soul hasn't a wide experience base to reflect and draw upon when making spiritual choices.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook