Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
3 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2011 - 3:21PM #1
Nay_ho_tze

Out of all I've read of people sharing about past life memories,
I don't recall (no pun intended) reading about anyone owning up to a famous past life.

I realize that the critics of reincarnation, also known as 'transmigration,
point to the remembering of famous lives as proof of the fallacy in reincarnation,
but the bottom line is, even famous past lives are going to be remembered
by someone, somewhere.

And should more than one person 'remembers' the same life,
well, that's when the question of time and dimensions comes into play ...

Further, wouldn't it be interesting to gather great minds together
for discussion in a time when the world is in such crisis?

So, if anyone here has ever had a PLM of being someone famous,
now is your chance to come anonymously clean ...
The only rule is to explain why you believe you are this person.
How does their life relate to yours now on a personal level?
How did realizing who you were then change your perception of life now?

NHT
host
=]
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2011 - 6:18AM #2
DotNotInOz

I recall reading years ago in some book on reincarnation that the soul that had been Thomas Jefferson was now embodied and not doing nearly so well spiritually in this lifetime as it had as Jefferson.

I don't know that there's much point to telling tales of having been a famous person. For one thing--and probably most importantly IMO--doing so only encourages the debunkers fond of the argument, "Well, EVERYbody who believes in that thinks they were Cleopatra or Napoleon!"

Those of us seriously into investigating our past lives for what we can learn from them know that's not the least bit true; consequently, I feel it counterproductive to talk about having been famous on a message board open to any Beliefnet member. For one thing, I'd not like to see such a thread become a debate and likely a painful one for the person who truly felt that s/he had been someone famous and had learned a great deal from that experience. I think that all too likely to happen if we get into this can of worms.

There is also the concern which after nearly 40 years of belief in reincarnation I myself still share to some extent. That would be, "Well, what if it IS fantasy?"

The obvious answer for believers is that even if it is, the bottom line remains, "What can I learn from this presumed past life memory that will enable me to be a better person this time around and possibly learn my chosen spiritual lesson more readily?"

So what if any past life memory is fantasy, sez me. If it's information that better enables you to understand yourself and live more kindly and gently with your fellow beings, isn't that the whole point anyway?

Obsessing and fixating upon having been a famous person in a past life would be a far different and obviously worrisome thing. For the possibility of that occurring, I think it unwise to discuss past lives as famous people.

That was then, this is now, and now is all we've got.

YMMV [Your mileage may vary]

Dot

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2011 - 5:00PM #3
mainecaptain

I have been thinking about this lately. About the famous persons idea.

Now I know this is a controversial idea, but I believe in soul groups. (Soul families) I wonder if we don't sort of merge with our soul group. Not stop being individual, but still in a sense merge, memories and feelings.

Perhaps some of our memories of being famous, are those of other soul family members?

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2011 - 6:44AM #4
DotNotInOz

Mar 12, 2011 -- 5:00PM, mainecaptain wrote:

I have been thinking about this lately. About the famous persons idea.

Now I know this is a controversial idea, but I believe in soul groups. (Soul families) I wonder if we don't sort of merge with our soul group. Not stop being individual, but still in a sense merge, memories and feelings.

Perhaps some of our memories of being famous, are those of other soul family members?

I don't think so, MC (and delighted to see you here, btw. Drop in at the support board, wouldya? Your thoughtful remarks would be most welcome there.)

Seems to me that if memories of having been a famous person were spread throughout a soul group, then so would other memories be, and it'd be a mishmash as to what memories went with which soul. There'd be little good in accessing past life memories in that case, because while one might learn something, the likelihood would be that the accessed memories hadn't much relevance to your own soul's growth and progress.

Obviously, I have a very Westernized New Ager view that your soul is yours from when it spun off the Tao even though "you-now" have had many lifetimes with differing personalities and identities.

Others quite likely will disagree, some strongly, I assume.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2011 - 11:00PM #5
mainecaptain

Hi Dot, I will drop by the support board

I don't.....I really don't know  :)). I am still formulating

But I am always happy to formulate with more ideas.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2011 - 3:52PM #6
Nay_ho_tze
...ditto on what Dot said, MC  - 
it is good to see you again.

...from one New Englander to another
lol

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2011 - 12:54PM #7
peterthesplitfish

Hey MC,

You really get around here...lol.

You might recall some of this in my previous discussion on the subject. First of all I do not believe in reincarnation of the body as that is a temperal item made of the bits of the earth put together to house something that is much more complex, complete, and of a different place (I'll just leave that alone for now.) I know several people who can 'tap' into their past lives through simply shutting their eyes and 'being' there. First of all one must undertand that time is not what we currently think time is. Time is a convenience to many especially if one works for a living. Outside of the realm of earth and this place, time is of no matter. Experience is far more important and that is what I am getting at. What comes back is not even here to begin with, but it experiences through what we call the body. It is like we are a computer and that which comes back is the one operating the computer.

Gotta run, the bell is about to go off. Back later.

Peter

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2011 - 3:32PM #8
peterthesplitfish

Okay, take two...

Okay, you want to know about some past lives? While I don't recall mine in particular, I know that I once lived as an Essene, a Native American, and an American Patriot. I also recall from a very early age a recollection of lives from more ancient civilizations, but my childhood memories are a blur now until I can refocus using my wife's help.

A dear friend of mine living in North Carolina can recall several past lives that have helped form many major movements in history. It is mostly from his writing that over the lives are similar yet different because he is a different person experiencing life each time. The first life I'll mention is that of Ya'akov or James "The Just" brother of Yeshua. Not a blood brother, but a spiritual brother of incredible spiritual abilities. He came back as a man named Mathias, The Elder, a major Ebionite leader who was friends with Origen. Origen was living as Ya'akov's scribe during the time of Yeshua and was a former orphan who lived with Ya'akov in Bethany. Ya'akov was and Essene and left the Essenes to help with Yeshua to develop a new community that later became the Ebionites. Ya'akov was the major author of the Gospel and what we have today is a very watered down, edited, rewritten version that barely resembles what Ya'akov wrote and Yeshua approved of (yes written while Yeshua was still alive!). After Mathias, this soul lived on an island near what is today Saudia Arabia and began writing again from his soul-experience or from the holy of holies and was the author of the unedited, un-rewritten Q'aran. This document was corrupted even faster than the NT! The next major life this soul lived was in Italy as Francis...yes that Francis. There were a few more then came a very important person to the American Revolution, Thomas Paine. Just look at his writing and compare it to Francis and James' letter....great stuff there. After Thomas was a native American chief, but he won't tell me who right now. I think it was Chief Joseph, but I'm probably wrong about that. Today he is still writing and because of the internet, he is even more prolific than ever before. While not a 'famous' person, not all souls have to live as a famous person to make a real difference in the lives of others.

Oh, and the soul that lived as the scribe and Origen, he's back to and his this man's son-in-law now...small world. Also, this soul has been man since Ya'akov for sure and his wife, her soul as been a woman since then two. It is truly amazing what those two souls have done together over many lives...just amazing.

Peter

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2011 - 4:07PM #9
Paravani

Mar 11, 2011 -- 3:21PM, Nay_ho_tze wrote:

Out of all I've read of people sharing about past life memories,
I don't recall (no pun intended) reading about anyone owning up to a famous past life.

I realize that the critics of reincarnation, also known as 'transmigration,
point to the remembering of famous lives as proof of the fallacy in reincarnation,
but the bottom line is, even famous past lives are going to be remembered
by someone, somewhere.

And should more than one person 'remembers' the same life,
well, that's when the question of time and dimensions comes into play ...

Hello, Everybody!  Hi, NHT!  Long time, no post!

Well, I guess I'm not going to to be able to help the de-bunkers much.  I may have been a famous person in one or two of my lives, but since I can't remember my own name in any of them, it's pretty much moot, isn't it?

Oldest life I remember, I started out as an ignorant shepherd girl, was abducted and sold into slavery; then my new Roman master made me a free woman the day he married me.  (I was small, ugly, and illiterate in that life, so I have no idea why he loved me so...  but I'm happy to say that he loves me equally well in this life, too!)

Not sure who I was during the life spent at Versailles in mid-eighteenth century, only that I was female, wore rich clothing, and was very familiar with the King's gardens.

Late eighteenth/early nineteenth century, I was male, a law student (then lawyer?  Did I survive that fire?) in post-revolutionary America -- I think in Philadelphia.  (I've always wanted to visit there, just to see if I recognize anything.)

Not surprisingly, I have much more complete memories of the other souls with whom I shared those lifetimes than of myself.  I suspect that only the truly narcissistic remember only or mainly themselves from past lives.

Oh yeah, a few years ago I also became aware that I'd spent a lifetime I-don't-know-when as a Hindu...  "apostle"?  Follower of a guru, anyway.  I discovered that sort of accidentally, when I spontaneously began remembering Sanskrit words that turned out to have something to do with the process of becoming enlightened...  which I must have been seeking pretty ardently in that lifetime, I remembered so many of them (and very little else)!  My current avatar, "Paravani", is one of those words...

Love,

-- Claudia

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2011 - 4:32PM #10
Nay_ho_tze

Howdy peterthesplitfish-

Welcome to the Past Lives and Reincarnation forum -
thanks for sharing your friend's story.

I'm curious -
do you know the method by which he came into knowledge of his past lives?
Was it by third party, his wife, for instance?
Or was he able to access it through meditation?
Again, I'm just curious -
you needn't answer if you'd rather.

Anyway, if you'd care to explore the topic in a debate-free zone,
I invite you to click here.

Again, welcome.
It's nice to have you with us.

NHT
PL&R
host
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist