Page 6 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Off Topic/Hijack Response Thread.
3 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2011 - 1:55AM #51
Vistronic

Jan 20, 2011 -- 9:57AM, Jcarlinbn wrote:

I replaced AvidSinger in 03 if that helps jog the brain cells.  

jcbn

edit to correct AvidSinger

I liked talking to him

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2011 - 3:23PM #52
McAtheist

t: I agree ... The Term, "Super-Natural," is NOT helpful and should be avoided ...

I disagree. 

I don't think arbitrarily changing the defintions of commonly used words simply because you personally don't like them does much to forward communication.  And here is the first defintion of "supernatural" from Mirriam Webster: "of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devi."

Who are you, exactly, to demand that we scrap the most commonly used definition of the word?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2011 - 5:15PM #53
JCarlin

Jul 25, 2011 -- 3:21PM, Aka_me wrote:

Jul 25, 2011 -- 12:44AM, JCarlin wrote:

I am not complaining

Jul 24, 2011 -- 12:24AM, JCarlin wrote:

Since I find God very offensive

what exactly would complaining look like?

Typical quote mining.  A day later and a different thread and a totally different context to pick a fight and incidentally to derail a thread that cannot be deal with.  Disgusting.

J'Carlin
If the shoe doesn't fit, don't cram your foot in it and complain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2011 - 2:27PM #54
JCarlin

I would suggest that given a bit more time ursa might be equvalent. Yellow Yellow solved a bear cannister in seconds that defeated many humans with directions.  If humans don't kill them off first.  See Vital Signs by Dean Ing.  Neanderthal was probably more intelligent and certainly a better apex predator than Homo.  In their own way cetaceans may be as advanced as we are.  Their lack of toolmaking capability is a prejudice of a weakling species that would be extinct without effective killing tools.  Canis is another species that might compete with Homo at least in the smarts department.  What to they have to do to repeat? Invent God? 

Jul 27, 2011 -- 12:48PM, Aka_me wrote:

because if it was random... it would be repeatable. 

J'Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2011 - 3:32PM #55
Crowhed

Jul 27, 2011 -- 2:27PM, JCarlin wrote:

Canis is another species that might compete with Homo at least in the smarts department. What to they have to do to repeat? Invent God? 

I sometimes think they invented 'owners'...is that close?

“We are all without god – some of us just happen to be aware of it.” Monica Salcedo (Does anyone know who this is?)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 1:42AM #56
JCarlin

Actually you have it all wrong. "Futzilly" is EXPERIENCED as FUTZLY "Futz"

Jul 28, 2011 -- 1:18AM, teilhard wrote:

Yes ... "Reality" is EXPERIENCED as REALLY "Real" ...

J'Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 11:02AM #57
JCarlin

Does this mean that it is  perfectly reasonable for John Nash to believe in the CIA agent once he  encountered the CIA agent? And it was perfectly reasonable to try to  analyze news articles for significant patterns that only Nash could  find?

Jul 28, 2011 -- 12:33AM, CaliberCadillac wrote:

It  is perfectly reasonable to believe in God once you've encountered God.   In fact, it would be extremely unreasonable--not to mention completely  freakin' stupid--not to.

J'Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 30, 2011 - 9:29PM #58
JCarlin

You can defend neither your knowledge of Christianity nor the  Bible so you make a transparantly false allegation in an attempt to  derail the thread.  Then you go on with a pathetic simile that has nothing to do with anything. 

Jul 30, 2011 -- 9:01PM, CaliberCadillac wrote:

The  only people here who have studied the Bible "in all of the major  versions, frequently side by side," are myself and some other Christians  here.   The way you quote it out of context is like trying to fool Roy  Rogers into believeing you know all about horses when its obvious by the  way you ride that you've never been in a saddle before.

J'Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2011 - 2:12AM #59
CaliberCadillac

Jul 30, 2011 -- 9:29PM, JCarlin wrote:

You can defend neither your knowledge of Christianity nor the  Bible so you make a transparantly false allegation in an attempt to  derail the thread.  Then you go on with a pathetic simile that has nothing to do with anything. 

Jul 30, 2011 -- 9:01PM, CaliberCadillac wrote:

The  only people here who have studied the Bible "in all of the major  versions, frequently side by side," are myself and some other Christians  here.   The way you quote it out of context is like trying to fool Roy  Rogers into believeing you know all about horses when its obvious by the  way you ride that you've never been in a saddle before.

\

Oh I've defended it quit well.  Enough to frustrate the most of you into resorting to clever editing and other cheap tactics to avoid my arguments.

"Sometimes you gotta step into the ring and throw a few punches for what you believe in."

--Ernest Hemingway--
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2011 - 4:53AM #60
JCarlin

Sep 18, 2011 -- 2:13AM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:

Oh... also-by HELPING this  troll derail my thread, to those who continue to help him by feeding him  incessantly in utter stupidity....

I offer a big thank you.

Technically, such behavior is  unfortunately part of the platform.  All you can do is respond to the  last relevant post, and hope the thread gets back on track.   Alternatively you can respond to the trolling on a new thread or the Off  Topic/Hijack Response thread and hope all follow. Or both. 

J'Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook