Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Four Questions........
4 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2010 - 9:56PM #11
LeahOne

So far, all these groups seem to be Christians 'role-playing' at being Jews......

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2010 - 11:24PM #12
LeahOne

www.messianic.com/messianic-statement-of...

The 'Messianic Bureau of Information' Faith Statement:

That we might have unity among us, and that we all speak the same thing as regards the foundation of our faith, and that with integrity we present our witness of Yeshua the Messiah as those who walk in His light, let it be hereby established that Messianic Bureau International holds that...

1. All Scripture is given by the Breath/Spirit of Elohim [God], and is to be used for doctrine, for reproof, for correction and for instruction in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16.
  2. Hear, O Israel: YHVH [the L-RD] is our Elohim. He is One YHVH. He alone is YHVH. Deuteronomy 6:4.
  3. The nature of YHVH is a compound unity expressed in the aspects of Abba [the Father], Yeshua [Salvation, the Son, Messiah] and Ruach HaKodesh [the Holy Spirit/Breath] in this age. Matthew 28:19.

I didn't bother with the rest of their statement, because this group has already established that they are literalists and Trinitarians - both concepts which are completely alien to Judaism.

Moderated by Bunsinspace on Dec 06, 2010 - 12:18AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2010 - 12:18AM #13
Bunsinspace

Dec 4, 2010 -- 6:11PM, Kingdom357 wrote:

It's very hard for me to accept a book that for many years of my life I was not allowed to read.  It is a book that Jews themselves were not allowed to read.

BS"D

I and many others would be happy to teach it to you and where it came from and what is is for.  It is available in English in most decent Public libraries.  It is not unusual for one to go back and pick up information one was denied as a child.  No shame in it and as an adult it will mean much more.  And I do remember the Catholic prohibition against Christians reading the Talmud, their many burnings of that work (ala Fahrenheit 451) and the prohibition against ANYBODY possessing copies of it which were, ironically, printed initially by the Italian printing presses in the very beginning after Gutenberg's invention.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2010 - 12:25AM #14
Bunsinspace

Dec 4, 2010 -- 5:38PM, Beautiful_Dreamer wrote:

Um...pardon my ignorance, but is it even possible for someone to claim to be a Jew in belief and reject the Talmud? That sounds like it would be like someone claiming to be a Christian but ignoring the New Testament. Or maybe I'm not making an apt analogy. Anyway, I thought the Talmud was very important to a 'synagogue'.

BS"D

Talmud is only important to orthopractic Jews.  One can be a Jew without it but the behaviors illustrated in the two Talmuds, the Mishneh Torah and the Mishnah Berurah (for example) are behaviors that are unique to Jewish culture.  So is is possible to be a Jew and know nothing of Talmud just like it is possible to be a Christian and know nothing of the Bible.  In both cases the relevant cultural information would be obtained second hand through sermonizing and the occassional accident where religion intersects daily life.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2010 - 8:02PM #15
Kingdom357

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!  First of all, where are the questions, I read your views and I agree with them.  A Jew is a Jew, should believe as a Jew, should live the Jewish life, celebrate the traditions.  We have no argument there.  You don't believe in Yeshua, fine, I have said it before and I'll repeat it once again, 'that's between you and Elohim'.  Not up to me, I am noone's judge. 

As you well know, and have reminded me of more often then not, I was not raised a Jew, I was really not raised to be anything.  We celebraded Christmas and Easter.  In my thirties I attended a Methodist church which I stopped attending because I didn't believe it's teachings.  You would prefer me to be an outcast, to be neither Jew or Christian, but I refuse to abide by your rules.  I will follow Yeshua and I will claim my rightful heritage as a Jew whether you like it or not.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2010 - 11:53PM #16
LeahOne

Kingdom :  This thread is >>>>NOT<<< about or directed at you.    The four questions are in the OP:  I am trying to actually examine what different MJ groups tell us about themselves.

Now if want to join in the examination, you're welcome.  Wouldn't you like to look through all the MJ sites and find yourself a group who shared your beliefs?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook