Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
4 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2010 - 12:29PM #1
Weepingangelofthetrees

Girls in parts of South India are dedicated to the goddess Devadasi before puberty

* Photos More pictures

Prostitutes of god

Interview by Matilda Battersby
The Independent  (World
Monday, 20 September 2010

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2010 - 12:37PM #2
Christianlib

I'm just waiting for you to tell us THIS is Obama's fault.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2010 - 1:03PM #3
rabello

Sep 20, 2010 -- 12:37PM, Christianlib wrote:

Or, "liberals"

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2010 - 1:35PM #4
teilhard

Sep 20, 2010 -- 1:03PM, rabello wrote:

Sep 20, 2010 -- 12:37PM, Christianlib wrote:

Or, "liberals"

Or, "God" ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2010 - 1:40PM #5
Christianlib

It's well known that both God and Obama are liberals.  And despised for it by many.

Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2010 - 1:42PM #6
teilhard

So I guess that means that "God" Is ALSO a "Muslim" ... ???

Sep 20, 2010 -- 1:40PM, Christianlib wrote:

It's well known that both God and Obama are liberals.  And despised for it by many.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2010 - 1:43PM #7
Christianlib

Sep 20, 2010 -- 1:42PM, teilhard wrote:

So I guess that means that "God" Is ALSO a "Muslim" ... ???

Sep 20, 2010 -- 1:40PM, Christianlib wrote:

She may well be.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2010 - 2:54PM #8
BDboy

"Devdasi" is a HINDU concept. Like most religion the concept is a good one. Dev means "god"/idol and dasi means slave girl.

Close to concept of Christian Nuns. Who do not get married at all (Married to God).

However in some cases greedy men exploit these young girls for their own pleasure or many money off these poor innocent children. "Greed" has always promted some of us to "Prostitute great religions" for our own interest. Sadly this is the same case.

This time you guys can let Obama or Muslims catch a break. :-)

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2010 - 2:58PM #9
Weepingangelofthetrees

Sep 20, 2010 -- 2:54PM, BDboy wrote:

"Devdasi" is a HINDU concept. Like most religion the concept is a good one. Dev means "god"/idol and dasi means slave girl.

Close to concept of Christian Nuns. Who do not get married at all (Married to God).

However in some cases greedy men exploit these young girls for their own pleasure or many money off these poor innocent children....

Well then, the Prostitution would be in keeping with "slave girl".
Such men must be permitted access to those poor innocent children. And someone is paid something, for the trespass upon their innocence.

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2010 - 3:11PM #10
Ceren

Sep 20, 2010 -- 2:58PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:

Sep 20, 2010 -- 2:54PM, BDboy wrote:

However in some cases greedy men exploit these young girls for their own pleasure or many money off these poor innocent children....

Well then, the Prostitution would be in keeping with "slave girl".
Such men must be permitted access to those poor innocent children. And someone is paid something, for the trespass upon their innocence.

Well, in the US also men are permitted access to poor innocent children, since child prostitution is also prevalent in the US.  I read somewhere some time ago that over 30% of the street-based prostitutes are less than 18. And I can't remember the ages but I remember being extremely surprised at the "start up" age... I think maybe it was around 11? It was disturbing.

Oobviously there's nothing in hinduism that makes this practice acceptable. As the previous poster said the "hindu" practice is not that different from nuns.  The "slave" is slave to a deity, not to perverts! But as always, some sick perverts took advantage of this and now these poor girls are thrown into prostitution.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook