Switch to Forum Live View Pagans and Christians
4 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2010 - 4:42PM #1
rideronthastorm

This is an excerpt from the threa dI put up in Christian Debate about Christians and pagans in society, when i first put it up i responded emotionally, me being bipolar I had to get off it for awhile cause I wasnt being rational then I started feelign better this month and got my thoguhts together and put up some stuff that needs to be said about Pagans and I think its a legit question and discussion to debate with Pagans about. So imputting it here cut and paste.So its been stated to me, I have a guy friend whos Wiccan and Im Heathen, weve hung out in some Philisophical circles. Its been stated to me by Pagans that

because of my bitter angry past with the Pentecostal church perhaps I dont have a good judgement about Christianity and therefore dont have the frame of mind to choose Paganism for the right reasons

im just getting revenge on the church hey and also stated  by 3 different Pagans that 90 percent of Pagans are either genius IQ or high IQ, and have even heard the woprd SUPERIOR used by another Pagan about the intelligence of Paganism. It seems to me that some Pagans have an atittude of were better then otherr eligions because were not ignorant and were intelligent were not backwards were smart and when they see someone like me hey its like theyd just rather send me back to Christianity then have me represent Pagansim, Im backwards, an exPentecostal who just wants revenge right? well Ive had a few  Pagans here at beliefnet try to convert me back to Christianity stating if I want to be a true Pagan become a catholic or Christian because Christianis just a form of Pagansim sense it came from paganism first. How stupid do they think I am?I know Im dislexic but IM NOT THAT BLONDE COME ON!

Just because Ive been negative about Christianity  doesnt mean I dont have the right to be  Pagan or any religion I want to be if I want to be a devil worshipper ILl be that, and it doesnt all mean Im getting revenge on Christianity. I think thats biggoted statEment to believe that everyone whos had a negative angry relationship and abusive past with Christian cant possibly be rational about being Pagan or be a true Pagan for the right reasons, first place is none of anybodys business. Secondly its not true I have my own relationship with nature right now including my new diet and physical routine Im praticing which is my lifestyle I consider nature worship a big part of my lifestyle and its helping me to lose weight!

But I do think that the whole mental thing IQ statements with SOME Pagans (not all some)is because they prefer to see other superior IQ Intelligent Pagans to be in Paganism. Theyre superioristic in their attitude about their intelligence level and they think theyre better then everyone else.

I know Im dislexic but Im just as earthbased as anyone else.Just because my IQ isnt high doesnt mean anything I have the right to be any religion i want to be.

Im not going to cut and paste from the other thread its rude to bring an argument from another thread over somewhere else, but Ive said what i want to say and iM glad I got it off my chest.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2010 - 10:40PM #2
rideronthastorm

It all makes me feel like a dumb ignorant backwards ExPentecostal

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2010 - 1:50AM #3
David

Aug 11, 2010 -- 4:42PM, rideronthastorm wrote:

This is an excerpt from the threa dI put up in Christian Debate about Christians and pagans in society, when i first put it up i responded emotionally, me being bipolar I had to get off it for awhile cause I wasnt being rational then I started feelign better this month and got my thoguhts together and put up some stuff that needs to be said about Pagans and I think its a legit question and discussion to debate with Pagans about. So imputting it here cut and paste.So its been stated to me, I have a guy friend whos Wiccan and Im Heathen, weve hung out in some Philisophical circles. Its been stated to me by Pagans that

because of my bitter angry past with the Pentecostal church perhaps I dont have a good judgement about Christianity and therefore dont have the frame of mind to choose Paganism for the right reasons

im just getting revenge on the church hey and also stated  by 3 different Pagans that 90 percent of Pagans are either genius IQ or high IQ, and have even heard the woprd SUPERIOR used by another Pagan about the intelligence of Paganism.

ME: Well getting revenge is fine, as I can see why you'd want to do so given the way they act, but become a pagan for the right reasons. I'd say become a pagan, I don't mind. Do what your heart tells you.

It seems to me that some Pagans have an atittude of were better then otherr eligions because were not ignorant and were intelligent were not backwards were smart and when they see someone like me hey its like theyd just rather send me back to Christianity then have me represent Pagansim, Im backwards, an exPentecostal who just wants revenge right? well Ive had a few  Pagans here at beliefnet try to convert me back to Christianity stating if I want to be a true Pagan become a catholic or Christian because Christianis just a form of Pagansim sense it came from paganism first. How stupid do they think I am?I know Im dislexic but IM NOT THAT BLONDE COME ON!

ME: Well, if you don't liel christianity, i'd say become a Pagan, go right on ahead.

Just because Ive been negative about Christianity  doesnt mean I dont have the right to be  Pagan or any religion I want to be if I want to be a devil worshipper ILl be that, and it doesnt all mean Im getting revenge on Christianity. I think thats biggoted statEment to believe that everyone whos had a negative angry relationship and abusive past with Christian cant possibly be rational about being Pagan or be a true Pagan for the right reasons, first place is none of anybodys business. Secondly its not true I have my own relationship with nature right now including my new diet and physical routine Im praticing which is my lifestyle I consider nature worship a big part of my lifestyle and its helping me to lose weight!

ME: Well, that is good. if you want to be a pagan or Devil worshipper, go on ahead, but it is good you like nature and that it is a part of your spirituality. 

But I do think that the whole mental thing IQ statements with SOME Pagans (not all some)is because they prefer to see other superior IQ Intelligent Pagans to be in Paganism. Theyre superioristic in their attitude about their intelligence level and they think theyre better then everyone else.

I know Im dislexic but Im just as earthbased as anyone else.Just because my IQ isnt high doesnt mean anything I have the right to be any religion i want to be.

ME: Exactly, you'reIQ level has nothing to do with Paganism. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2010 - 1:31PM #4
rideronthastorm

Thank you david I appreciate it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2010 - 10:49PM #5
David

Aug 12, 2010 -- 1:31PM, rideronthastorm wrote:

Thank you david I appreciate it.

Don't mention it, no problem.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2010 - 9:35AM #6
Sacrificialgoddess

And now, I'll never get that song out of my head.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x1o41DHGZI

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook