Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
4 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2010 - 9:58AM #21
Bezant

Aug 3, 2010 -- 4:00PM, Beautiful_Dreamer wrote:

What do kumquats taste like? I've never had one, does that mean I'm not qualified to host the Discuss Judaism and Kumquats forum? :)

Its been ages since I've had them but they're about the size of a huge grape and they taste like oranges but a little tangier.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2010 - 4:30PM #22
Heidi2027

Aug 2, 2010 -- 7:12PM, LeahOne wrote:

Could loquats be included in that forum, too?

I was waiting for RJS to decide.  He seems a little hesitant to allow this -- it could just complicate things more.

:o

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 11:08AM #23
rocketjsquirell

The loquat question is interesting. Certainly, loquats are now much more widely available, are eaten by some Jews and thus worthy of consideration. Have they been introduced to Israel yet? If they are currently cultivated in Israel then, of course, they would be Jewish and suitable for the revised Discuss Judaism, Kumquat and Loquat Forum. Smile 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 1:55PM #24
NahumS

Loquats are called shesek in Hebrew and the trees are fairly common in gardens, especially on the coastal plain. They ripen a bit after Pesah, and are reasonably popular fruits. Big seeds, though.

Kumquats grow here as well - very ornamental, not really my taste. It's like eating orange peals. Some people candy them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 2:20PM #25
Iamamennoniteanabaptist1

Hi, my name is Nate and what is this thread about anyways.?Laughing I am from a Jewish backround and I'm a Mennonite now. About Israel, I love my Jewish people and although I'm not a so-called zionist. I am not on any side of War, the last War the U.S.A. had the right to be involved in was World War 2. However I love people of all ethnic backrounds and Religions, I am a Christian personally and I don't support the Palestinian Terrorists and I don't support any Country that responds in a violent unfair way. I am for religious freedom and I support the Jewish people, however as a Mennonite I support anyone who wants to think on their own and leave their birth religion as to the extent of religous liberty and freedom. I think with my own free will and I respect all who do so. Well shalom and that's all I have to write for now I suppose.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 2:54PM #26
rocketjsquirell

Kumquats grow here as well - very ornamental, not really my taste. It's like eating orange peals. Some people candy them.

The are still a lot better tasting than Etrogs. (Which are also best candied or in fruit cake)

How does the discuss Judaism, Kumquat, Loquat and Etrog forum sound?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 4:12PM #27
LeahOne

But, Rocket - what about the lychees????

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2010 - 1:18PM #28
Beautiful_Dreamer

If lychees are those olive-shaped fruits I've had at chinese restaurants, they are aweseome!

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2010 - 12:28PM #29
rocketjsquirell

I am not a big of Lychees but why the heck not, but since the group name is getting long I think we need to go for an acronym:  The JEKKL Discussion Group.  (Then we can all get doctorates Smile)

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2010 - 1:23PM #30
Beautiful_Dreamer

LOL and then perhaps my 'PMS-y' 'Mr. Hyde' persona won't be out of place! Are you sure you can handle that? :)

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook