Page 28 of 29  •  Prev 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Hope of Christianity
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 3:11PM #271
Cryano

"In fact, its the very same words the homosexuals use when screaming at those who resist their endeavours to force same sex marriage as accepted norm in society."

And we will continue to use those words because they are true. There is no reason whatever - other than belief in your myth - to deny marriage to same-sex couples. As has been noted many times you cannot show how  YOU are harmed because 2 strangers are married. The opponents have never been able to answer that except by referencing their myth. Big whoopee.

You don't approve of SSM? Don't do it. But your disapproval is no reason to prevent others from doing it.

WHY is so-o-o hard to follow the 11th commandment?

Religion is the longest running most successful con game in history. It works because the victims never realize they have been taken. They die first.

Although certain modern catholics are beginning to see the light.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 3:27PM #272
Hoppy393

Aug 6, 2010 -- 3:11PM, Cryano wrote:

Because I don't have that rule in my beliefs.  I'd appreciate you not assuming everyone should follow yours. Tongue out

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 4:10PM #273
Cryano

Aug 6, 2010 -- 3:27PM, Hoppy393 wrote:

Because I don't have that rule in my beliefs.  I'd appreciate you not assuming everyone should follow yours.

Ok so it isn't.

Now, WHY is it s-o-o-o hard too follow?

Religion is the longest running most successful con game in history. It works because the victims never realize they have been taken. They die first.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 5:48PM #274
Hoppy393

Aug 6, 2010 -- 4:10PM, Cryano wrote:

Aug 6, 2010 -- 3:27PM, Hoppy393 wrote:

Because I don't have that rule in my beliefs.  I'd appreciate you not assuming everyone should follow yours.

Ok so it isn't.

Now, WHY is it s-o-o-o hard too follow?

It's a silly statement - it requires circular logic.

And anyway, I've answered this before... you may consider adopting a new objection, lest you look like one of those fundies who parrot proof verses.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 10:55PM #275
Cryano

OK let's try the 3rd grade version.

You don't have this "rule" in your beliefs. Wonderful I'm so happy for you. A true divine revelation no doubt.Tongue out

But you don't have the rules for bridge either. Or tennis. Or traffic laws. Yet at least of some of those claiming to be christian have little trouble following them.

But for some unexplained reason you religious fanatics e.g. christians and muslims simply  REFUSE to keep your religion to yourself.

Why is that so-o-o-o hard?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 11:18PM #276
Esdraelon

Aug 6, 2010 -- 10:55PM, Cryano wrote:

OK let's try the 3rd grade version.

You don't have this "rule" in your beliefs. Wonderful I'm so happy for you. A true divine revelation no doubt.

But you don't have the rules for bridge either. Or tennis. Or traffic laws. Yet at least of some of those claiming to be christian have little trouble following them.

But for some unexplained reason you religious fanatics e.g. christians and muslims simply  REFUSE to keep your religion to yourself.

Why is that so-o-o-o hard?

It requires circular logic whether 3rd grade or not.....see? You guys are all alike....

As you noted: "Your posts reflect intolerance, hate, contempt, arrogance and self-righteous indignation."  Look no further than what you have written yourself.

You see no reason for a manger scene, etc, to be banned from the 'public' at Christmastime, but have no problem at all with same sex marriage being forced upon the public in permanence?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2010 - 12:09AM #277
Cryano

"You see no reason for a manger scene, etc, to be banned from the 'public' at Christmastime, but have no problem at all with same sex marriage being forced upon the public in permanence?"

I am unaware of any proposal that would require unwilling individuals to engage in SSM. If you know of such a suggestion please point out where and by whom. 

(This ought to be good.Wink)

BTW, I personally have no problem with religious displays. I just don't want to PAY for them. You want to put funny statutes on your lawn - feel free. But don't put them on the Courthouse and send ME the bill.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2010 - 5:52AM #278
Esdraelon

Aug 7, 2010 -- 12:09AM, Cryano wrote:

"You see no reason for a manger scene, etc, to be banned from the 'public' at Christmastime, but have no problem at all with same sex marriage being forced upon the public in permanence?"

I am unaware of any proposal that would require unwilling individuals to engage in SSM. If you know of such a suggestion please point out where and by whom.   And after the threshold of SSM, the North American Man/Boy Love Association have their 'civil rights' issues to consider for those who want to 'willingly' engage.

(This ought to be good.)

BTW, I personally have no problem with religious displays. I just don't want to PAY for them. You want to put funny statutes on your lawn - feel free. But don't put them on the Courthouse and send ME the bill. Send You the bill? Private displays in public are not paid for by the taxpayer. Ok, what am I supposed to do with this bill for Planned Parenthood and other abortion clinics since I am opposed to abortion? There are a myriad of things we have to pay for that we may be opposed to, but it is the politically correct thinig today to bash Christianity so such is given preference.  Not bash 'religion', Christianity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2010 - 1:17PM #279
Cryano

Aug 7, 2010 -- 5:52AM, Esdraelon wrote:

I am unaware of any proposal that would require unwilling individuals to engage in SSM. If you know of such a suggestion please point out where and by whom.   And after the threshold of SSM, the North American Man/Boy Love Association have their 'civil rights' issues to consider for those who want to 'willingly' engage.

(This ought to be good.)

BTW, I personally have no problem with religious displays. I just don't want to PAY for them. You want to put funny statutes on your lawn - feel free. But don't put them on the Courthouse and send ME the bill. Send You the bill? Private displays in public are not paid for by the taxpayer. Ok, what am I supposed to do with this bill for Planned Parenthood and other abortion clinics since I am opposed to abortion? There are a myriad of things we have to pay for that we may be opposed to, but it is the politically correct thinig today to bash Christianity so such is given preference.  Not bash 'religion', Christianity.

I know, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to "bash" you.Wink

Actually this is kind of satisfying. LaughingWhen you consider ole Arthur Sumerfield and his ban of Lady Chatterly's Lover  and Lucille Ball being told she couldn't say "pregnant" on TV we HAVE made progress. To hear you guys whine about how your myth is bashed and complain people just don't respect religion anymore - we've come a long way since the Beetles said they were more popular than Jesus. And almost got deported for saying so.

But you STILL haven't explained why just believing your mythology is NOT enough for you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2010 - 2:10PM #280
Esdraelon

Aug 7, 2010 -- 1:17PM, Cryano wrote:

Aug 7, 2010 -- 5:52AM, Esdraelon wrote:

(This ought to be good.)

I know, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to "bash" you.

Actually this is kind of satisfying. When you consider ole Arthur Sumerfield and his ban of Lady Chatterly's Lover  and Lucille Ball being told she couldn't say "pregnant" on TV we HAVE made progress. To hear you guys whine about how your myth is bashed and complain people just don't respect religion anymore - we've come a long way since the Beetles said they were more popular than Jesus. And almost got deported for saying so.

But you STILL haven't explained why just believing your mythology is NOT enough for you.

America’s Founding Fathers understood that all government is based on  either a theistic or   anti-theistic foundation. Adepts of history  like George Washington understood that     countries whose systems of  government embrace national anti-theistic views ultimately come  to  ruin. Strong religious convictions therefore played a role in the  development of the United States, which was established on Christian  principles and open to all people of     good will. In 1892 this was  argued before the Supreme Court of the United States. After      exhaustive deliberation, the Court said, “Our laws and our institutions  must necessarily be based upon and embody the teachings of the  Redeemer of mankind. [It is] impossible that it should be otherwise;  and in this sense and to this extent our civilization and our  institutions are emphatically Christian.”

History students compare the French Revolution and the horror of  persecution and torture   under Robespierre, with the Revolutionary  War in America that resulted in unprecedented     cultural and monetary success. While citizens in America rejoiced in newfound religious      liberty and freedom, more than twenty thousand people died in Paris’s  guillotines. The     years to follow in France brought a reign of terror  leading up to totalitarianism and     Napoleon.

Why  were the American and French Revolutions followed by such contrasting  societal     conclusions? The difference was that the American  Revolution was fought on Christian     principles, while the French  Revolution was anti-God. The forces behind the French     Revolution  were out to eliminate Christianity as the enemy of France. A statue of a  nude     woman was placed on the altar of the church in Notre Dame, and  the God of the Bible was   proclaimed dead. Soon afterward, the  French government collapsed.

It’s a gradual thing, but quite frankly, it’s your blessing that this country was founded and grounded upon Judeo-Chtristian principles.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 28 of 29  •  Prev 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook