Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 532 of 807  •  Prev 1 ... 530 531 532 533 534 ... 807 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The 'existence' of gods
4 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 8:59AM #5311
Sigmund

Jul 3, 2012 -- 12:58AM, El Cid wrote:

May 29, 2012 -- 10:58AM, Bl├╝ wrote:

So who are you to say that they are not doing science?

blu: To do science, you have to (1) reason honestly (2) from examinable evidence (3) in order to find what's true in reality. "Creation scientists" don't do even one of those things.  Nor do they test their conclusions objectively to find if they're true or false eg was Mt Everest 15 feet under water in 2348 BCE?  And did you see how Dembski, Meyer and Campbell wet themselves and fled when they found out that if they gave evidence at the Dover trial, they'd have to stand still and answer on cross-examination about the crap they spout?

Behe showed up though.  He acknowledged that no "creation scientist"  had done or was doing any scientific experiments about ID.  I'm not aware that any of them anywhere has ever done any while wearing his or her "creation scientist" hat.

Behe was wrong. Though due to lack of funds they are not able to do a great deal.

Lack of funds? The Discovery Institute (where Behe is a fellow) has an annual budget of $4 million dollars and they give away $1.2 million in grants every year.

ec: When did Pat Robertson advocate murder?

blu: When he used his radio program to call for the murder of Venezuala's Chavez.  And if he does that out loud, who knows what he does in private?

While I am not a big fan of Robertson, he just lost his temper with an oppressive tyrant. It is similar but not even as bad as when John Kennedy tried to have Castro assassinated. Kennedy was a fellow secular humanist.

Kennedy was a Secular Humanist? That's going to come as quite a shock to those who screamed bloody murder during his presidential campaign that since Kennedy was Catholic, DC would become a mini-Rome and America would be ruled by the Pope.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 12:16PM #5312
wohali

El Cid, you post so much spinctorally derived material, such a JFK being secular humanist when the entire world, besides you, knowes that he was Roman Catholic.\

www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB103/i...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 2:50PM #5313
amcolph

It may be something he learned at Church.  Our old friend Iamachild claims that RCs are secular humanists, too, because of what they believe about the Bible.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 3:04PM #5314
mainecaptain

Fascinting how many churches (generic) lie about people outside the church (generic). I am sure that comes under bearing false witness.

One could argue they believe the lies, but that is not really an excuse, since they could actually find out the facts and choose not too.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 3:33PM #5315
wohali

Christine:

"All the articles were the same.  I didn't see AKA_me's link, so found the ice sheet article myself and it had a Christian cartoon of an ark with animals."

JC:

"As I recall both articles were cited by Aka with the Science 2.0 article first."

"How bizzare, how bizzare" 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 4:37PM #5316
Sacrificialgoddess

Headdesk.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 4:44PM #5317
wohali

Aka_me, right?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 4:45PM #5318
Sacrificialgoddess

Are you surprised?

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 5:07PM #5319
Ken

Aka_me is right. He linked to the Science Daily article, not to the Science 2.0. That is why I never read the latter article.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 5:12PM #5320
christine3

Jul 3, 2012 -- 5:07PM, Ken wrote:

Aka_me is right. He linked to the Science Daily article, not to the Science 2.0. That is why I never read the latter article.

I can now clear this up.  The blue print with the underline?...I didn't know that it was an actual link.  I'd never seen a link like that before. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 532 of 807  •  Prev 1 ... 530 531 532 533 534 ... 807 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook