Page 1 of 76  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 76 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Islamism - an ideology not about Islam
4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 6:32PM #1
JAstor

Those who lost for "causes" in Islamist fanaticism have it all wrong. Islamism is not a reaction to anything (fill in the blank... Western colonialism, Jewish resettlement of its ancient homeland, incident x, incident y, incident z). Rather it is an old ideology trying to rear its ugly head in the modern world.

Islamism is belief in the restoration of the caliphate -- as the great moral and religious institution is always was.

Islamism is the belief that Islam is ascendant in a world of decadence, including decadent Christians, Jews and non-Islamist muslims.

Islamism is fanatic belief in the triumph of Mohammed -- but focusing on the jihadist, domineering, autocratic, totalitarian elements of his creed.

Islamism has various forms -- there is Iranian Islamism, Hamas Islamism, Hezbollah Islamism, now what appears to be a rising Turkish Islamism, etc. Whatever the form, it is on the offensive. Any claimed injustices done against it are in reality merely triggers to justify what it would do anyway. Indeed, that is why it seeks to provoke conflict where it can, as in the recent flotilla provocation.

In any event, the point is that people should not be fooled by appearances. Islamism is not a reactionary phenomenon. It is very proactive, although it prefers (when weak) to do so in superficially reactionary steps.

Islamism is not about peace and justice. Peace and justice are tools in its box to advance its program of domination and apocalypse. That is why it is such a dangerous phenomemon. As bad as this ideology was in the past there is no comparison to it potential in the present. It's one thing to put all that hyped-up cries for death to infidels on the tip of a sword; it's an entirely different matter to put it on the tip of a nuclear warhead.

Link

Edit to add link.

Moderated by Stardove on Jun 15, 2010 - 06:08PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 7:15PM #2
Armwar

Ahmadinejad awaits the coming of the Twelfth Imam in a world bathed in blood.  This is why he will develop nukes.

www.americanthinker.com/2006/01/ahmadine...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 8:23PM #3
Agnosticspirit

Good evening all! This is a relevant and current topic that should fit into the Hot Topics forum. Of course, we need a supporting link in keeping with local guidelines on HTZ. 

One of my heroines, Ayaan Hirsi Ali is making the rounds to promote her new book --- Nomad...about  alternatives to Islamism.  She is a legitimate advocate for resistance. 

CLICK HERE for the link.

I haven't read her latest book yet, but I certainly plan to. Women such as Hirsi Ali and Irshad Manji have been there, done that... reform minded females who aren't afraid to express their opinion about a new renaissance for Islam.

We need to listen to what they and other Muslims who lean secular have to say. 

Muslims who adhere to the "comprehensive Islam" that does NOT recognize the separation of church and state need to listen to what NON-Muslims and secular Muslims have to say.

agnosticspirit - co-host Discuss Islam, Hot Topics

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 8:40PM #4
JohnQ

Jun 11, 2010 -- 6:32PM, JAstor wrote:

Those who lost for "causes" in Islamist fanaticism have it all wrong. Islamism is not a reaction to anything (fill in the blank... Western colonialism, Jewish resettlement of its ancient homeland, incident x, incident y, incident z). Rather it is an old ideology trying to rear its ugly head in the modern world.

Islamism is belief in the restoration of the caliphate -- as the great moral and religious institution is always was.

Islamism is the belief that Islam is ascendant in a world of decadence, including decadent Christians, Jews and non-Islamist muslims.

Islamism is fanatic belief in the triumph of Mohammed -- but focusing on the jihadist, domineering, autocratic, totalitarian elements of his creed.

Islamism has various forms -- there is Iranian Islamism, Hamas Islamism, Hezbollah Islamism, now what appears to be a rising Turkish Islamism, etc. Whatever the form, it is on the offensive. Any claimed injustices done against it are in reality merely triggers to justify what it would do anyway. Indeed, that is why it seeks to provoke conflict where it can, as in the recent flotilla provocation.

In any event, the point is that people should not be fooled by appearances. Islamism is not a reactionary phenomenon. It is very proactive, although it prefers (when weak) to do so in superficially reactionary steps.

Islamism is not about peace and justice. Peace and justice are tools in its box to advance its program of domination and apocalypse. That is why it is such a dangerous phenomemon. As bad as this ideology was in the past there is no comparison to it potential in the present. It's one thing to put all that hyped-up cries for death to infidels on the tip of a sword; it's an entirely different matter to put it on the tip of a nuclear warhead.

What in the world makes you think you are some sort of expert on Islam?

Islam is no more homogeneous  than Christianity.  That you seem to suggest otherwise is an indication of your lack of knowledge on Islam.

Peace!                 
------

Christian LIES wed Christian HATE......Begot a child....it’s named Prop 8! 

Supreme Court let it stand.....which means we can vote away the rights of others in our land.

Sad as that may be...it hurts all of us.....not just me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 8:54PM #5
Agnosticspirit

JohnQ, there is a difference between Islam and Islamism. There is a difference between Muslims and Islamists. Not all Muslims are Islamists. Islamists ARE, however, Muslims. 

Within Islam, there are most certainly different groups (referring to divisions within Islam as "sects" is considered offensive, even though that's exactly what they are). I'm sure there are different sects within fundamental Islamism as well. The common denominator is the undeniably political fervour and willingness to commit violence and blame everyone else for their actions.

Again... not all Muslims are Islamists. Compare Islamists to militant fundamentalist Christian sects multiplied by a factor of 10 in terms of intensity. 

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 9:02PM #6
arabianwitch

I'm not an 'expert' on Islam either, JohnQ, even though I am a Muslima. However, the discussion here isn't about Islam. It's about what the original writer calls Islamism, and I am in agreement with Ms. Hirsi Ali as well as Agnostic spirit about this. It is a very big problem, and mostly for other Muslims who, you need to keep in mind, suffer from Islamism a lot more than anyone else.

Salaam,

Aisha

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 9:32PM #7
Agnosticspirit

Nice to hear from you Aisha. I think it's worth repeating that Muslims are on the receiving end of a great deal of backlash BECAUSE of radical Islamists. 

I'm curious how many Muslims listen to Hirsi Ali, or is she handily dismissed because she's an apostate? I've bookmarked Irshad Manji's page on Facebook --- since she's still a Muslim -- a liberal LESBIAN secular Muslim, I think Ms. Manji's voice may be better heard by Muslims. 

Signing off for now, have a good night all.

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 9:35PM #8
mountain_man

Jun 11, 2010 -- 6:32PM, JAstor wrote:

Those who lost for "causes" in Islamist fanaticism have it all wrong. Islamism is not a reaction to anything (fill in the blank... Western colonialism, Jewish resettlement of its ancient homeland, incident x, incident y, incident z). Rather it is an old ideology trying to rear its ugly head in the modern world....

In your beliefs that you have spelled out here; change Islam to Christian and you see that there is no difference between the two.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 9:38PM #9
mountain_man

Jun 11, 2010 -- 8:40PM, JohnQ wrote:

What in the world makes you think you are some sort of expert on Islam?

Islam is no more homogeneous  than Christianity.  That you seem to suggest otherwise is an indication of your lack of knowledge on Islam.

But he said bad things about Islam and Muslims so he MUST be right. We all know anyone saying anything good about them MUST be wrong.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 9:45PM #10
rangerken

Let's keep in mind that what is at issue here is NOT Islam, but Islamism! the whole point is that there is a big difference.

Ken

Conservative, Libertarian, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 76  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 76 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook