4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 3:35PM #1
StephenK.Adams

Hello:

I just finished reading Ted Kennedy's autobiography called, --- True Compass.  He really didn't go into much detail about Chappaquitick but I guess I didn't expect him to admit to being a coward.  But I suppose we all are cowards in some way or other.  Which reminds me of the following silly little joke.

Private:

I showed the enemy that this was no place for cowards.

Sergent:

How did you do that?

Private:

I ran like hell.

Two stories were very important for me.  In reverse order, the first one occurs on the last page of the book, page 507.  Ted Kennedy's words:

"This is the greatest lesson that I have learned.  If you persevere, stick to it, work at it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something (worthwhile).  Sure, there will be storms along the way.  You might not reach your goal right away, but if you do your best and if you keep a true compass (true focus) you will get there --- you will succeed."

That is what I intend to do first for my book called, --- The Human Mind and then secondly, for the new religion that I am putting forward called, --- The Religion Of Truth.

The second story concerns his brother Bobby's presidential run.  His next stop in a series of speeches was scheduled for Indianapolis in a ghetto neighborhood of that city.  Hours before his speech he learned that Martin Luther Kind had been assassinated.  The Mayor of the city urged Bobby not to give the speech but he decided to go ahead with it.  These are my thoughts in this sentence but I think he said to himself if I become President it will be my responsibility to face up to this kind of challenge.  Not make myself scarce.  Not to hide.

He gave the speech while standing on top of a flat bed truck in windy and rainy conditions.  He began by imforming the crowd of the awful news that had happened earlier in the day. He then said that they had two choices.  They could either add to the violence and horror or they could rise above it like Martin Luther King tried to do with his non violent protests.

These are his words:  "Let us dedicate ourselves to what the Greeks wrote so many years ago.  'Our goal is to tame the savageness of mankind and to make gentle the life of this world.'  Let us dedicate ourselves to that goal and say a prayer for our country and our people."

Across America that day, 100's of cities experienced rioting and violence but Indianapolis remained calm.  As Ted Kennedy said, "I like to think that Bobby's own loss of his brother Jack and his humanity touched the hearts of the people of Indianapolis and brought out the "better angels" of their behavior.  Sadly, 61 days later Bobby himself was cut down by another assassin's bullets.

Ask not what the human race can give to you.  Ask rather, what you can give to the humanity of our species of whatever color, race or creed they might be. 

We have nothing to fear except our lack of understanding of fear itself.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2010 - 2:29PM #2
wohali

This has to do with other faiths how? Or has this just become your personal blog?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2010 - 9:58AM #3
StephenK.Adams

Jun 13, 2010 -- 2:29PM, wohali wrote:

This has to do with other faiths how? Or has this just become your personal blog?

I have started a new religion which I have called, --- The Religion Of Truth.  I asked for my own site which incidently I did have before they went to this latest technology change.   Since they did not respond to that request, I had no other option than to place it here under --- Other Beliefs.

If you check out my Profile you will find more about it there.  Or you can read all about it right here on this board.  However, the fear of change is so strong inside the human psyche, that my chances for success for that new religion are next to zero at this time.

I am concentrating on a book that I have written that puts forward the idea that the Psychiatric profession should be turned upside down.  I have down-loaded that book into this site under the new topic heading of: --- The Second Cornerstone Of the Religon Of Truth.  

Thanks for dropping by.

We have nothing to fear except our lack of understanding of fear itself.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook