Switch to Forum Live View Why are African Religions so expensive?
5 years ago  ::  May 26, 2010 - 8:00PM #1
Bairre

I mean initiations are like $10,000-$50,000 dollars, and everytime you need any kind of ritual done, it costs hundreds or thousands of dollars. 

How do African Traditional Practitioners expect to get the average black person interested when it costs so much.  I mean, I seriously doubt that Cubans can pay $10,000 dollars.  Or for that matter, I doubt that Yoruban people in Nigeria can afford it either. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2011 - 12:05AM #2
Thequestion

I wonder if it costs more to have rituals done because it's done outside the native lands.  Sort of the idea of fuel surcharge on long distance travel of a consumable good.  Also, I know that as it comes to Wicca, there are a lot of scams (particularly in New Orleans) where people generally go in the US for that kind of stuff.  People pose as psychics, palm readers, and other such experts while the culprit might not actually have any expereince or insight into the faith.

That is another possible explanation.  I wonder if it's hard to find somebody legit that practices the rituals or ceromonies for the good of the people and the preservation of the faith (and not soely ou to get money).

-Alex

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2011 - 7:40PM #3
Sacrificialgoddess
They cost money?
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook