Page 10 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
4 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2010 - 9:21PM #91
Beautiful_Dreamer

(temporarily locking thread while I transfer posts to start a new thread. )

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2010 - 10:29PM #92
Beautiful_Dreamer

Jun 3, 2010 -- 11:17AM, sharktacos wrote:

moderator: could we move the recent political discussion here to another thread? it is completely off topic.

Done. As requested, I've transferred the posts regarding school prayer to a thread I created. Here's the link:

community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/4...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2010 - 11:20AM #93
Heidi2027

Jun 3, 2010 -- 8:42PM, ctcss wrote:

Hey Heidi!

I don't think we've actually talked directly, but I just wondered if you'd had a chance to look at my response to you in post #94. You don't have to comment if you don't want to, it's just that if they do clean up this thread, that post might vanish, so I thought I'd point it out before it does.

BTW, I'm sorry the world situation (among other things) is causing you worry. But hopefully, the more people talk things through with good intentions, the better the chance there is of working troubling things out in a "good" way.

I did -- at a quick glance it appears you are discouraging the old "us vs. them" mentality.

To discuss anything further would be more of an investment than I care to make in what has become a hostile environment.  I have become the "them" even as you discourage this mentality.

Toodles!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2010 - 11:24AM #94
Beautiful_Dreamer

Jun 3, 2010 -- 7:25PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Heidi

I know BD from other places on the Internet. I really do not think she is related to River or anyone else who posts here. BD is one of the nicest people around and I think the world of River too.

I do not understand the moderating process but I think that in most groups there is a fair amount of latitude given as long as people don't start calling each other bleeping bleep bleep bleepers and the like.

Luckily we do not have any bleeping bleep bleep bleepers on this forum so we do not have to worry.

Thanks!

Heidi,

No, River and I are not the same person. She's been on Beliefnet longer than I have. We live in completely different parts of the country. Also, she's a Jew, I'm a Christian. We're different ages (I think). So no, we're not the same person. Drop it.

Writing I get paid to do

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 8:40AM #95
river8101

Yeah!  BD is years older than me!!!!   LOL!   I'm still young and beautiful. 

(Just kidding)  likely just the opposite.

Besides she's a cat person and I'm a doggie person.  Well, I like cats, but I'm really a doggie person more.  And Rocket is a squirrel person.  I really like squirrels!

This has been a good thread. BD, why can't you just leave the post # and the poster's name, when you delete an off topic thread?  Wouldn't that be easier without messing up the other posters numbers?  jmo

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Aug 01, 2010 - 07:51PM
“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2010 - 10:51AM #96
Beautiful_Dreamer

I would if I could, but the system doesn't quite work that way. I can try to see if there's a way I can make that work.

Writing I get paid to do

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 10 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook