Page 1 of 39  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 39 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Yet another "evangelical Christian" caught in sexual affair
4 years ago  ::  May 18, 2010 - 12:01PM #1
Do_unto_others
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 18, 2010 - 12:04PM #2
Girlchristian

Even Christians make mistakes, although I'm aware that you believe they should be perfect.

I'm glad he was asked to step down.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 18, 2010 - 12:08PM #3
Iwantamotto

The amusing thing is, only an idiot would think a Christian would be perfect ... which makes the "I'm gonna kick you out, you dirty sinner you" is such a funny response from a religion that harps about forgiveness and compassion.  If everyone's a dirty rotten filthy sinner, what makes these so different?  Yeah, we get the laugh that happens when the proud fall, but if we really thought about it, the actual response from Jesus would be "well, that sucks, just stop being such a douche and life'll get better".  He wouldn't kick the sinners out of His club, because there'd be no one in the club.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 18, 2010 - 12:10PM #4
Girlchristian

May 18, 2010 -- 12:08PM, Iwantamotto wrote:

The amusing thing is, only an idiot would think a Christian would be perfect ... which makes the "I'm gonna kick you out, you dirty sinner you" is such a funny response from a religion that harps about forgiveness and compassion.  If everyone's a dirty rotten filthy sinner, what makes these so different?  Yeah, we get the laugh that happens when the proud fall, but if we really thought about it, the actual response from Jesus would be "well, that sucks, just stop being such a douche and life'll get better".  He wouldn't kick the sinners out of His club, because there'd be no one in the club.

The religion didn't kick him out. He was asked to step down by the Minority Leader.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 18, 2010 - 12:10PM #5
Sirronrex

May 18, 2010 -- 12:04PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Even Christians make mistakes, although I'm aware that you believe they should be perfect.

How many civil rights are denied to straight Christians when they make what Christians define as a "mistake"?

I've been on a journey to nowhere...
and know that's the best place to be...
now...here...

If my faith isn't leading me inward, then my faith is leading me astray.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 18, 2010 - 12:12PM #6
Do_unto_others

GC,

I have never said (nor do I expect) that they should be "perfect". What I would much prefer (and what could be far more easily obtained) is for the self-described, "Christians" to stop being so damned hypocritical.

THEY are the ones passing (or attempting to pass) punitive, discriminatory, un-just, UN-Constitutional laws based on the sex lives of other people - when it is clear they they themselves are indulging in sordid affairs.

If they would just MYOB, treat ALL citizens equally before the law, maybe we wouldn't be so hard on them. Until then, imo, they deserve to be publicly disgraced.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 18, 2010 - 12:14PM #7
Do_unto_others

Souder's anti-gay voting record: NO on hate crimes (2009), NO on ENDA (2007), YES on constitutional ban on gay marriage (2006), YES on gay adoption ban (1999).

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 18, 2010 - 12:16PM #8
Sirronrex

May 18, 2010 -- 12:12PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

GC,

I have never said (nor do I expect) that they should be "perfect". What I would much prefer (and what could be far more easily obtained) is for the self-described, "Christians" to stop being so damned hypocritical.

THEY are the ones passing (or attempting to pass) punitive, discriminatory, un-just, UN-Constitutional laws based on the sex lives of other people - when it is clear they they themselves are indulging in sordid affairs.

If they would just MYOB, treat ALL citizens equally before the law, maybe we wouldn't be so hard on them. Until then, imo, they deserve to be publicly disgraced.

Amen!

Hypocrisy is the hallmark of a Real Christiantm these days.

now...here...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 18, 2010 - 12:18PM #9
Sirronrex

May 18, 2010 -- 12:14PM, Do_unto_others wrote:

Souder's anti-gay voting record: NO on hate crimes (2009), NO on ENDA (2007), YES on constitutional ban on gay marriage (2006), YES on gay adoption ban (1999).

This is what qualifies him as a Real Christiantm to many, many, many, many Christians in this country.

Hatred of gay people is the primary litmus test, just behind hatred of women. The vast majority of Christians will pardon you for your "mistakes" as long as you hate gay people and women...enough.

now...here...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 18, 2010 - 12:23PM #10
TemplarS

I do not think this guy's transgression was any the worse for his being a conservative Republican than, say, Eliot Spitzer's was for his being a liberal Democrat.

Guys on both sides do this sort of thing; they all should know better (how any public figure in this day and age can think this sort of thing will go undiscovered is beyond me).  I think it is little more than the arrogance that comes along with power- the notion that you (liberal or conservative) are somehow above the moral standards you hold other people to.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 39  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 39 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook