Switch to Forum Live View Sex and menstruation
5 years ago  ::  May 04, 2010 - 10:52PM #1
kerry

Several years ago I spoke to a woman who was married to a greek orthodox and for some bazarre reason we got onto the unsightly subject of sex during a womans menstruation. Now I know this is a gross thought but the woman mentioned that she and her husband, on some occasions did have intercourse whilst she was having a period. I was quiet taken aback if I'm honest but what does the orthodox churches say about this?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 04, 2010 - 11:01PM #2
Upperlimits

May 4, 2010 -- 10:52PM, kerry wrote:

Several years ago I spoke to a woman who was married to a greek orthodox and for some bazarre reason we got onto the unsightly subject of sex during a womans menstruation. Now I know this is a gross thought but the woman mentioned that she and her husband, on some occasions did have intercourse whilst she was having a period. I was quiet taken aback if I'm honest but what does the orthodox churches say about this?

This is actually off topic in this particular forum, but to briefly answer your question, it was likely their  (or his anyways) personal preference. The default position is "no". This was commanded against in the Levitical law.

According to 2nd Corinthians 3:2, there are five gospels in the world. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the Epistle of ones own life.  Most people will probably never read the first four.

God desires that our lives would bear spiritual fruit - not religious nuts.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 04, 2010 - 11:08PM #3
kerry

May 4, 2010 -- 11:01PM, Upperlimits wrote:

May 4, 2010 -- 10:52PM, kerry wrote:

This is actually off topic in this particular forum, but to briefly answer your question, it was likely their  (or his anyways) personal preference. The default position is "no". This was commanded against in the Levitical law.

I thought it was maybe something we Jehovah's witnesses could discuss with others.

However does the NT speak of it either way?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 04, 2010 - 11:12PM #4
Upperlimits

Sorry. I wasn't aware from reading the opening post exactly how it was relevant to the forum. Of course we can still discuss it if you wish.

I can't recall any specific mention of the subject in the NT.

According to 2nd Corinthians 3:2, there are five gospels in the world. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the Epistle of ones own life.  Most people will probably never read the first four.

God desires that our lives would bear spiritual fruit - not religious nuts.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 04, 2010 - 11:21PM #5
kerry

May 4, 2010 -- 11:12PM, Upperlimits wrote:

Sorry. I wasn't aware from reading the opening post exactly how it was relevant to the forum. Of course we can still discuss it if you wish.

I can't recall any specific mention of the subject in the NT.

Thank you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 05, 2010 - 3:09PM #6
rangerken

this topic was moved from the Discuss Jehovah's Witnesses board.

Rangerken, Beliefnet Community Moderator, Discuss JW Host

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook