Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 4 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The "Crazy Cat Lady's" Cafe (general chit-chat)
7 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 1:13PM #31
Beautiful_Dreamer

I have a lot of old, dead leaves left over from winter. And this sounds really weird, but I've been told that the, um, discharge from my cats would be a good fertilizer, but I don't see how considering they are indoor-only and use litter.  :) I have a large gardenia bush next to the hydrangea bush, actually it sort of overpowers. The hydrangeas are coming in purple this year, but the bush down the street is a beautiful indigo blue...one of my favorite colors! I also *love* the smell of gardenias.

Which are easier to grow, cucumbers or tomatoes? And River, do you know how to pickle cucumbers? Ted's Montana Grill makes the most awesome appetizers using cucumbers that are somewhat pickled but not to the point you'd find in the grocery store if that makes sense...

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 4:26PM #32
rocketjsquirell

BD

NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE CAT POOP FOR ANYTHING!!!! CAT POOP IS TOXIC!!!!!!

Like human waste, cat waste contains concentrated heavy metals and all sorts of bad bacteria which will KILL YOU (or at least make you nasty sick)

If your sewer plant can handle it, the best thing to do with cat waste is to flush it! Do not flush it until you check with your sewer operator (usually your town or county - the number in in the blue pages of the phone book) to see if your sewage plant can handle cat waste. If your sewer system can not handle cat waste - landfill it!

You may use waste from herbivores. Horse manure, cow manure, chicken sh**, all can be used. Please note chicken sh** is very hot (contains lots of nitrogen) and must never be placed directly on soil. It must be composted with lots and lots of brown material (fall leaves, straw, etc..)

Here is a handy dandy link to the best composting advice you will ever get:

www.whyy.org/91FM/ybyg/guests.html

or

h!!p://www.whyy.org/91FM/ybyg/guests.html

scroll down the page till you see composting tips on the right hand side. Mike McGrath is an organic gardening genius. Follow his advice and you can not go wrong.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 28, 2010 - 11:15PM #33
Beautiful_Dreamer

Yeah I thought advice on using cat waste was suspect, particularly since they use litter and it can be really caustic!

Here are some pictures of my cats from my blog, simply because I'm bored and think they're cute:

theprozacqueen.wordpress.com/2009/11/03/...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2010 - 3:00PM #34
rocketjsquirell

"To Sir With Love" and Sue Sylvester isn't all bad! What a great season ending! Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2010 - 7:34PM #35
Beautiful_Dreamer

Writing I get paid to do

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2010 - 7:36PM #36
Beautiful_Dreamer

Jun 9, 2010 -- 3:00PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

"To Sir With Love" and Sue Sylvester isn't all bad! What a great season ending!

Yes, that was good...hey you might like this:

www.imdb.com/title/tt1327801/

IMDB's page for 'Glee"....check out the message board linked at the end of the page.

Writing I get paid to do

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2010 - 12:24PM #37
rocketjsquirell

What a cute kitten! Is he yours? If so, you really should feed him once in a while. Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2010 - 2:36PM #38
Beautiful_Dreamer

LOL no, it's just a picture I found online and just *had* to have!

Writing I get paid to do

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 12:50PM #39
Beautiful_Dreamer

Okay, I'm starting this thread up again because I think we need a healthy diversion from debate. I've got a pot of coffee on, and a couple of bottles of liquor in the cabinet. Anyone up for a drink? :)

Writing I get paid to do

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 2:21PM #40
mainecaptain

Hey BD, got anything for a delusional person with a fever, something yummy? I'll take doughnuts

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook