Page 5 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The "Crazy Cat Lady's" Cafe (general chit-chat)
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 9:43PM #41
Beautiful_Dreamer

I don't have doughnuts, but I do have some awesome cinnamon raisin bagels. I could probably also root into my husband's Star Crunch stash.  Or I could make a Dunkin's run. I wish we had a Krispy Kreme nearby...

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2011 - 5:48PM #42
mainecaptain

I love cinnamon rolls/buns!

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 8:59PM #43
Beautiful_Dreamer
Have you ever been to a Cinnabon? I'd love one of those massive rolls right now.

My husband and I are watching Lost right now on Netflix. Even though Sawyer's not the nicest guy, he and Jack are pretty hot! Boone was too with those gorgeous eyes, but he died in I think the first season...we started from the beginning and are in the middle of season 2.

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 10:34PM #44
LeahOne

Oh, B_D, you *had* to mention that.....   somehow the charoset on matzoh isn't quite the same : ((   

I guess I'll have to go for the chocolate-covered matzohs instead....

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2011 - 8:28PM #45
mainecaptain

Cinnabon's are wonderful..:)

Leah,..........there is such a thing as "chocolate-covered matzohs"? sounds very interesting

:))

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2011 - 5:00PM #46
Beautiful_Dreamer
Chocolate-covered? Nice! Although some things might not work...my brother-in-law once sent me a site from a store in New York that had chocolate-covered bacon. That just seems weird to me.

Writing I get paid to do

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2011 - 5:51PM #47
LeahOne

Definitely not kosher, that!

It's similar to chocolate-covered pretzels.

We also make 'matzoh brie', 'fried matzoh' - that's sort of a matzoh omelet, or fritatta.  A kosher for Pesach 'bread pudding' which we usually do up with onions (more onions than you'd believe and it's never enough!) and some savory herbs.  Have to use oil since butter would burn..... you can just bake it in the oven if you want less fat, but you've still got to mince and saute' half a bag of onions first.

But one of the rabbis I know, at his house they use bits of dried fruit and nuts and serve it with maple syrup as more of a dessert dish.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2011 - 6:13PM #48
mainecaptain

you are making me hungry

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2011 - 6:59PM #49
LeahOne

Hey, I'm making myself hungry!  Which is bad because we just finished dinner:  a nice little salad, some gefilte fish, roast lamb with asparagus and broccoli and little potatoes, and fruit for dessert. Oh, and a couple fo jelly 'fruit slice' candies (the chocolate rapberry jellies didn't survive the week, LOL!)

I am now craving 'Irish potatoes' - those candies made from cocoanut and 'stuff', dusted with cinnamon ... I'm out of cocoanut, though : ((   You can buy them in the candy shops - but homemade is sooooo! much better!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2011 - 8:29PM #50
mainecaptain

I have some of your homemade ones Leah. I am gonna start walking to you now, I should be there soon :o)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook