Page 3 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is the Seventh-Day Adventist Church a Christian-Denomination or cult?
4 years ago  ::  May 23, 2010 - 4:05PM #21
sincerly

May 22, 2010 -- 6:53PM, samuelbb7 wrote:

Amen being saved is a relationship with GOD.  In last quarter's Sabbath school lesson the point was made that the followers of JESUS are known by their love not doctrinal correctness.  Especially those who use correct doctrine as a club to hit others with.

Sam, isn't it "correctness of Doctrine" which,  also, shows one's love to GOD/Neighbor and corrects false teachings? I have Found that those who complain of being "clubbed by Scripture" are those who are hardened in their Beliefs and do not want to hear the TRUTH.

Isn't our "Commission" to teach the "whatsoever I have told you"? And isn't that only "correct Doctrine"?

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 29, 2010 - 2:38PM #22
andrewcyrus

May 17, 2010 -- 9:47PM, sincerly wrote:

May 17, 2010 -- 9:00PM, andrewcyrus wrote:

Ya know if I wanna get a hair cut I will hang out in the barber shop.

If I wanna get right with God I hang out with SDA's.

Yes, Andy, in "hanging out with SDAs" one does acquire the necessary instructions (derived from the Scriptures) to have that "right relationship to God and the rest of humanity". Sam, acknowledges that fact, but also, acknowledges, like you and I, that it is the Blood of Christ and not any "Denomination" which does the "Saving. "

Aren't you glad SDAs teach the "SCRIPTURAL TRUTH"??

Happy Sabbath Brother,

I have always loved God's word from the moment I began reading it. Yet there was alot that I didn't understand. So in prayer I asked Jesus to send us his Holy Spirit to help me understand. About a week after that prayer I received in the mail a flyer regarding a free seminar where God's word would be shown to explain God's word.. That was cool a connect the dots, de-code the message learning program.

I was hooked. "Reconciled", not a club in my use of the ministry. 

In regards to teaching and presenting the message found in God's word. The word "reconciled" appeals most to me.

Seems to cover alot of bases.

2nd Cor 5v18

And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

v19

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

v20

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Mat 5v24

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift

Rom 5v10

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

1st Cor 7v11

But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to [her] husband: and let not the husband put away [his] wife.

I believe that the rift or the clubbing that gets attached to the ministry is when we do as the scriptures states as ambassadors and bear the message.

"be ye reconciled to God."

Thats when the battle begins. Satan has a stake in the process, he prefer his victims to be unreconciled, hopeless and without defense against his wiles.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 29, 2010 - 3:57PM #23
sincerly

May 29, 2010 -- 2:38PM, andrewcyrus wrote:

Happy Sabbath Brother,

I have always loved God's word from the moment I began reading it. Yet there was alot that I didn't understand. So in prayer I asked Jesus to send us his Holy Spirit to help me understand. About a week after that prayer I received in the mail a flyer regarding a free seminar where God's word would be shown to explain God's word.. That was cool a connect the dots, de-code the message learning program.

I was hooked. "Reconciled", not a club in my use of the ministry.

Yes, Andy, if one is not "reconciled" with GOD, one has no chance of reconciliation with a  disgruntled neighbor or "brother".

Great verses and post.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 29, 2010 - 7:11PM #24
samuelbb7

Happy Sabbath to all

This week's lesson was on temperance. One point that came up in our discussion is that many in the past and some today took the Heath Message to an extreme point and did not show temperance and love in how they taught the message to others

My point is that truth must be taught in love not love that starts off saying I am right and you are wrong but love that reaches out to others in light of the truth we all need saving by the Grace of GOD alone. 

I will pray with anyone at any time and let GOD be the one who sorts out who is a true believer. But once when I tred to pray with an LDS missionaries they refused.  To them I was not a christian.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2010 - 11:34AM #25
Dconklin
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2010 - 8:09AM #26
samuelbb7

Thank you brother Conklin.  So very often people pick out only small portions of scripture of SOP to deny or prove their point instead of looking at the context of the statment.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2010 - 2:10AM #27
Ichthys

There is no real difference between a cult, a sect and a religion/denomination. It's the media that gives those terms a negative connotation. It is a Christian denomination and recognized as such. Why is everyone asking the fast-growing conservative churches such questions but never those small liberal churches that seem to adopt and mix everything? Those are the people who wear their religion on their wrists, visit the church occasionally and act as if it was an iPhone. Cconservatives rather view the church as a family that helps itself and the community.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2010 - 4:12PM #28
sincerly

Aug 26, 2010 -- 2:10AM, Ichthys wrote:

There is no real difference between a cult, a sect and a religion/denomination. It's the media that gives those terms a negative connotation. It is a Christian denomination and recognized as such. Why is everyone asking the fast-growing conservative churches such questions but never those small liberal churches that seem to adopt and mix everything? Those are the people who wear their religion on their wrists, visit the church occasionally and act as if it was an iPhone. Cconservatives rather view the church as a family that helps itself and the community.

Hi Ichthys, True, Any group could be labeled "Cult". Usually, it is the one who is doing the labeling whose own organization is teaching most of the erroneous material. Trying to divert the "spotlight"  from their own unacceptable practices.

Jesus, in Matt.7:21-23, said "professors" of HIS Truths, but really NOT doing the Father's Will are rejected from entering into heaven.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2010 - 6:36PM #29
samuelbb7

Technically you are correct cult as used historically can refer to a denomination.

But the modern use of the term refers to a group who follows a charismatic leader that teaches their word above the bible.  For instance there is an Philippine man who teaches that he is Jesus Christ and that his compound is part of the new garden of Eden.  To me that is a cult group.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2010 - 8:34PM #30
sincerly

Aug 28, 2010 -- 6:36PM, samuelbb7 wrote:

Technically you are correct cult as used historically can refer to a denomination.

But the modern use of the term refers to a group who follows a charismatic leader that teaches their word above the bible.  For instance there is an Philippine man who teaches that he is Jesus Christ and that his compound is part of the new garden of Eden.  To me that is a cult group.

Hi Sam, Good to see you around and active on these boards. Don't we SDA's usually lean to correcting the erroneous thinking/teachings rather than the labeling of another "group"or person as "a cult"? I agree that many even of the ones who consider themselves as "mainstream" have resorted to the "derogatory" labeling of any that disagree with them as "Cult".

Keep up the good work. God Bless you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook