Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is the Seventh-Day Adventist Church a Christian-Denomination or cult?
5 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2010 - 3:24PM #1
Unitedmethodistfortruegod

Is the Seventh-Day Adventist Church a Christian-Denomination or cult? Why did Ellen White get so many predictions and things about the Lord wrong.? Did you SDA's know that Ellen White proclaimed herself a prophet like Joseph Smith did.? Ellen White and SDA's today think that Jesus was created as Archangel Michael, just like the Jehovah's Witnesses do. Did lord Jesus say to not eat meat or watch what comes from your actions and speech? I'm sorry but I used to go to a Seventh-Day Adventist Church and the pastor confirmed all these things I thought I didn't know and I sayed to myself forget about this false church. Any church that has a false prophet will be known and Ellen White was a false prophet and liar. And what's with Seventh-Day Adventist thinking their better than the body of Christ like most all other churches.??-Nathan.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2010 - 9:18PM #2
sincerly

Feb 24, 2010 -- 3:24PM, Unitedmethodistfortruegod wrote:

Is the Seventh-Day Adventist Church a Christian-Denomination or cult? Why did Ellen White get so many predictions and things about the Lord wrong.? Did you SDA's know that Ellen White proclaimed herself a prophet like Joseph Smith did.? Ellen White and SDA's today think that Jesus was created as Archangel Michael, just like the Jehovah's Witnesses do. Did lord Jesus say to not eat meat or watch what comes from your actions and speech? I'm sorry but I used to go to a Seventh-Day Adventist Church and the pastor confirmed all these things I thought I didn't know and I sayed to myself forget about this false church. Any church that has a false prophet will be known and Ellen White was a false prophet and liar. And what's with Seventh-Day Adventist thinking their better than the body of Christ like most all other churches.??-Nathan.

Nathan, A look at the fundamental beliefs  www.adventist.org    of the SDA Church will inform you that our Beliefs are totally and fully supported by the Holy Scriptures/THE BIBLE.  Therefore, fully founded upon Christ Jesus. You will have to show me where EGW made a wrong perdiction. (I know you can find sites which claim such, but have you actually checked out the claims?)

From about 1844 to her death in 1915, the SDA Church leaders and membership witnessed the truth of EGW's prophetic leadership.----Have you checked out her record and God given messages?

The "Body of Christ", Christ's assemblage of believing persons,  believes all persons choose who they will serve. Those who serve HIM in Truth and Spirit are equal before the Lord God, Those who "profess to be HIS" and do not do the Will of the Father never are acknowledged by GOD as HIS.

Nathan, SDA's have never claimed that Jesus was "created". There is Scriptural support for Jesus and Michael being identified as the Same individual/Being; However, it isn't a salvational or "membership"  issue.

Now, for you--------What constitutes a True believer(Christian) and a "false professor"?(Christian)

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2010 - 5:09PM #3
Utilyan

This is the sorta stuff that is of great interest to me the Devil }=)

Do you notice the accusitory tone?

Was there any kindness there?

You showed very good restraint ,sincerly.

I tried catching method on other boards........ all mouth and no ears.   Hit and fade. =)

I think deep down he's got a good heart.

Theres alot of folks like this in every religion.    We could chop up his message and apply it to islam, catholics, baptist, ect......

Iver heard this message delivered from every religion to each other.  

What are you gonna teach him?    Deliver the same message just at another religion?

Truth is his religion is a treasure just like yours.     Me and God are placing our bets here on what actions you both take.......

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2010 - 12:43AM #4
andrewcyrus

"Hit and fade. =)"

That about sums it up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2010 - 12:47AM #5
Utilyan

You know what Andrew I count you a hero to one of my low points in life.

Thank you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2010 - 12:51AM #6
andrewcyrus

Mar 6, 2010 -- 12:47AM, Utilyan wrote:

You know what Andrew I count you a hero to one of my low points in life.

Thank you.

Hang in there my friend. The fat lady hasn't sung yet, but it's get rocky and wavy in diverse parts of the globe.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2010 - 4:41PM #7
Puddentane
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2010 - 6:00PM #8
David

Did you SDA's know that Ellen White proclaimed herself a prophet like Joseph Smith did.?

She didn't; my thanks to the previous poster for pointing us to the evidence.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2010 - 6:03PM #9
David

Ellen White and SDA's today think that Jesus was created as Archangel Michael, just like the Jehovah's Witnesses do.

Interesteing that the critics are so intimately familiar with what the JW's believe.  When the Secrte Service trains people to detect counterfieters they do so by teaching them all about the real and never ab't the fake (they'll stick out when you know the real!).

Neither Ellen White, nor the SDA's, have ever taught that "Jesus was created as Archangel Michael."

Would help if the critics would get their facts straight.

Why do they have to lie so much?  Is it because they don't know what they are talking about and they don't know that they've just told a lie?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2010 - 7:52PM #10
samuelbb7

Good point David.  Many of the statements made about the SDA are at best half truths.

I just read that the the we have been posted on as a good group by a Humane Society because of our stance on Vegetarianism and the Ethical treatment of animals.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook