Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Switch to Forum Live View Pat Robertson Calls Haiti Earthquake "Blessing In Disguise" - Your thoughts?
2 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2012 - 7:17PM #131
mainecaptain

people that worship pat robertson are lost. and worse. And yes nature has nothing to do with the Abrahamic god

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2012 - 11:02AM #132
IDBC

Howdy River

Sep 10, 2012 -- 4:02PM, river8101 wrote:

Absolutely true.   The belief in God or not has nothing to do with Nature.  When it comes to Nature, which definitely includes the weather,  Nature is the ultimate designer and the earth's natural resources and beauty.

But it has been argued that "belief"  does has something to do the nature. 

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 26, 2012 - 6:48AM #133
river8101

Hi Maine!

Agree with you 100 percent.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 26, 2012 - 8:54AM #134
TRUECHRISTIAN

Sep 26, 2012 -- 6:48AM, river8101 wrote:

Hi Maine!

Agree with you 100 percent.

I agree with Maine 50%.

I do not think that people "worship" Pat Robertson. 

There are people who agree with Pat Robertson says.   

There are people who respect Pat Robertson.  

But I think it is a more than a little bit of hyberbole to say that people "worship" Pat Roberston.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Nov 15, 2012 - 7:02AM #135
river8101

Hyperbole?  Oh, no, no, no.     What does worship really mean?   It means to regard with ardent or adoring esteem or devotion.  How do you do this 50%?   Either you do or you don't.  

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  May 26, 2013 - 6:46AM #136
river8101

I read on a thread at News Feed on Facebook that Pat Robertson blamed Oklahoma for what happened to them in the recent storm.

Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  May 31, 2013 - 7:11AM #137
river8101

If Pat Robertson believes that the earthquake in Haiti was a result of their religion, what does he think of all the destructive tornados that hit Oklahoma, and other American states, mainly in the Mid-west where his type of far right Christianity is followed.  I suppose he would say, that came about by Satan.  So when bad things happen to Christians, it's Satan's fault, and when bad things happen to non Christians, it's God's fault?

Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  Jun 01, 2013 - 12:57PM #138
mainecaptain

May 31, 2013 -- 7:11AM, river8101 wrote:

If Pat Robertson believes that the earthquake in Haiti was a result of their religion, what does he think of all the destructive tornados that hit Oklahoma, and other American states, mainly in the Mid-west where his type of far right Christianity is followed.  I suppose he would say, that came about by Satan.  So when bad things happen to Christians, it's Satan's fault, and when bad things happen to non Christians, it's God's fault?

They weren't Christian enough in his opinion, After all they hadn't given all their money to him yet. 

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 months ago  ::  Oct 05, 2013 - 12:16PM #139
river8101

Title of this thread is:  "Pat Robertson Calls Haiti Earthquake "Blessing In Disguise" - Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that Pat Robertson is a crook and has always been a wicked man.  His religious views are satanic not holy, and his ideas are wicked.   Anyone who is looking for someone to lead them into a gracious and holy religion won't find it with him.  Just open your checkbook, hon, and you'll see how nice he'll treat you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook