Post Reply
Page 4 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View THE RELIGION OF TRUTH
5 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2010 - 2:28PM #31
Dutch777
Posts: 9,116

Stephen:


The prior reference to the book Holy Horrors, I presume, is made to this volumn:


www.centerforinquiry.net/oncampus/events/james_haught_in_daytona_beach_032209/



I read the book several years ago and found it factual and fascinating.


A previous poster gave a catalogue of biblical quototations.  The lowest level of theological sophistication, of course, is proof-texting.  In a discussion where one or more participants do not accept the authority of scripture (bible, Koran, Tripitaka, etc.), quoting scripture is a pointless exercise.


Dutch

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2010 - 9:06PM #32
StephenK.Adams
Posts: 1,828

Jan 31, 2010 -- 2:28PM, Dutch777 wrote:


Stephen:


The prior reference to the book Holy Horrors, I presume, is made to this volumn:


www.centerforinquiry.net/oncampus/events/james_haught_in_daytona_beach_032209/



I read the book several years ago and found it factual and fascinating.


A previous poster gave a catalogue of biblical quototations.  The lowest level of theological sophistication, of course, is proof-texting.  In a discussion where one or more participants do not accept the authority of scripture (bible, Koran, Tripitaka, etc.), quoting scripture is a pointless exercise.


Dutch




 


Hello Dutch:


Thank you for finding this new topic site without any prompting from me.  For those who are new to this new topic site, or more accurately, to my constant prosletyzing for the Religion Of Truth, Dutch is an old acquaintance from my old site which was called StephenK.Adams.  It can only be accessed from the Archives which can be reached as follows: ---  I am sorry but the hyperlink that I created does NOT take you into the Archives site.  Perhaps someone with more computer"know how" than I have, will provide the correct link for those who are reading these messages.  


Although I copied those quotes from the actual book, thank you for providing a link for other readers who are browsing this new topic site and still deciding whether to post or not.   Just by coincidence, I recently came across the following article from the Toronto Star newspaper dated April 13, 1996. 


I put it in my wallet as if I knew that eventually its use would present itself on this site.  I did'nt know that it would be the very next day.  I know that people want to forget about religion and they are sick of the endless bickering about one religion's authenticity or another.


In that regard one could say that I am no different except in this one area.  I do not say that I have a lock on the truth which demands that what I say must be accepted as absolute.  I know that the human race increases its knowledge and in spite of religion's desire to resist change, --- change occurs whether those religions like it or not.  In fact the only thing permanent in life is change itself.  Instead of ranting on ad infinitum as is somethimes my wont, Smile here is the article that I referred to above:


********************************


"You call it suicide bombs or whatever.  We say martydom operations.  They are not ignorant, they are not illiterates, they are nor poor people."  Many voluteers are affluent and educated, eager for the chance to strap bombs to their bodies. 


Hezbollah, Nasrallah says, doesn't brainwash them, or pay them off (or their families.)  "They are believers in God, Allah, and they have this religion that pushes them to do this." he (Nasrallah) says.  We sacrifice this life for the sake of the eternal,peaceful and just life.  And I believe this is reasonable, and this is natural."


***************************** 


I know, I know, crying wolf gets boring when nothing happens.  But can you honestly say that nothing has happened in this vein since this article was written in April 1996?  Can you honestly believe that this problem will just go away if we look the other way and let "God" look after it?   I suppose one could say that Churchill cried wolf about the Nazis and was ignored for the prime minister's job until it was almost to late.


Perhaps he-man will enjoy my paraphrasing of the Bible when I say that sometimes I feel like I am that lone individual crying in the wilderness.  But alas I know better.  I am not alone in these kind of thoughts.  There is an astonishing number of what is quaintly called "the silent majority" waiting for someone to show them the way.  


I am asking that you give me that opportunity.  Not for some kind of aggrandisement for myself, but as I say on one of my open blog entries in this Other Beliefs site, --- I do it in an attempt to thank my Creator for having given me the chance to experience the incredible miracle of life.  Long live the human race!  Long live the truth!       


   


    

We have nothing to fear except our lack of understanding of fear itself.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2011 - 10:03AM #33
BreinsAmnesty
Posts: 13

Jan 21, 2010 -- 3:12PM, StephenK.Adams wrote:


 


In response to my suggestion that he (he-man) has a choice to keep believing in an irrational belief system,(Christianity) or that he could join the Relgion Of Truth that makes a determined effort to eradicate all forms of superstition and/or myth, he-man wrote as follows:   


Sorry, but to have a choice you must first be called and then you may knock and the door will be opened.


My response


Perhaps you don't even realize how you automatically revert into avoidance behavior brought on by the emotion of fear.   Endless rote answers from verse and scripture.  Do you have any ideas to offer that are from your own mind itself?  




Greetings Dutch & New Thought Community,


I believe along with dude who published the book UNMERITED FAVOR (Joseph Prince) that truth is on the same side as God's unmerited favor & both grace(unmerited favor) & truth came through Jesus Christ. Along with the author I also studied the verse For the law was given through Moses,but grace[unmerited favor] & truth came through Jesus Christ. -JOHN 1:17 Also, I found that "grace & truth are actually referred to as a singular unit since they are followed by the singular verb "came."  I agree that  in God's eyes,grace & truth are synonymous unmerited favor as truth & truth is unmerited favor.


I'm not preaching but it has to be told for the ones that agree truth =unmerited favor. Grace &Truth aren't two different things they are one &the same. Grace from truth & truth from grace can't be separated for they are both embodied in the person of Jesus Christ. John 1:14 "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace[unmerited favor] Truth & grace is together with the person & ministry of Jesus. Grace is a person. Grace isn't a doctrine or teaching. How many of you agree with this subject?


i truly appreciate all of  New Thought & the Beliefnet Community members for believing in me & giving me opportunities to express my beliefs.Wink


Sincerely,


Jerusalem BreinsAmnesty

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 11:31AM #34
StephenK.Adams
Posts: 1,828

Hello:


Although Christianity puts forward good rules for living a decent life, because of its superstitious (supernatural) foundation, it will never achieve the level of success that its creators envisioned for it.   In fact, all superstitious religious belief systems will ultimately fail.   The only question left to be answered is when.  Unfortunately for the human race itself, it might take another 100 or 200 years before this ultimate and total rejection comes to pass.


 


Believing in heaven and hell, a virgin birth, the resurrection, --- etc. etc.,  is indeed, a study in irrationality.   It would be similar to an astronaut looking out of the window of his spacecraft at the planet earth and then uttering the following irrational words:  “ I still believe that the earth is flat.

We have nothing to fear except our lack of understanding of fear itself.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 9:33PM #35
NATAS
Posts: 880

                                      TRUTH IS MY RELIGION


 


HAVE A THINKING DAY AND MAY REASON GUIDE US

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2011 - 3:25PM #36
Ben Masada
Posts: 2,808

About the religion of Truth, I was touched into asking if the author of the OP does even understand what the Truth is. In a prayer of his, Jesus once said that the Truth is the Word of God, according to John 17:17. He might have been meditating on Psalm 147:19,20 where we read that the Word of God was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth. Therefore, we are now aware that the religion of Truth is Judaism. So much so that, according to Isaiah 2:2,3, whenever Gentiles are interested in learning the Word of God, the address must be Zion, which is a synonym with the Jewish People. Or Jerusalem where the Word of God is supposed to come from.


Ben

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 months ago  ::  Jun 19, 2014 - 1:24PM #37
StephenK.Adams
Posts: 1,828

Aug 20, 2011 -- 3:25PM, Ben Masada wrote:


About the religion of Truth, I was touched into asking if the author of the OP does even understand what the Truth is. In a prayer of his, Jesus once said that the Truth is the Word of God, according to John 17:17. He might have been meditating on Psalm 147:19,20 where we read that the Word of God was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth. Therefore, we are now aware that the religion of Truth is Judaism. So much so that, according to Isaiah 2:2,3, whenever Gentiles are interested in learning the Word of God, the address must be Zion, which is a synonym with the Jewish People. Or Jerusalem where the Word of God is supposed to come from.


Ben




Sorry for the extraordinary amount of time that has elapsed since you entered this submission, but I was not sure who you were referring to with the expression --- "the author of the OP."   What do the letters OP stand for?   Assuming that you are directing your comments at me, --- indeed I do know what the truth is.   It is definitively not some kind of mythical belief that is dictated as being unassailable; but rather, it welcomes open scrutiny and constructive criticism with the knowledge that the truth should never be shielded from those two entities.

We have nothing to fear except our lack of understanding of fear itself.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 months ago  ::  Jun 19, 2014 - 5:09PM #38
StephenK.Adams
Posts: 1,828

Apr 3, 2011 -- 9:33PM, NATAS wrote:


                                      TRUTH IS MY RELIGION


 


HAVE A THINKING DAY AND MAY REASON GUIDE US




While I am in agreement with the words which make up the above submission; I also have taken notice from your profile that you consider yourself to be a Satanist.   Have you ever mulled over in your mind that Satan is a construct of the mythical religious belief system called Christianity and as such is endemic to the search for the truth?  Once again, as indicated elsewhere, please accept my apology for taking so long to respond to your laconic message.

We have nothing to fear except our lack of understanding of fear itself.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 months ago  ::  Jun 20, 2014 - 9:52AM #39
TRUECHRISTIAN
Posts: 1,121


Apr 3, 2011 -- 9:33PM, NATAS wrote:


                                      TRUTH IS MY RELIGION


 


HAVE A THINKING DAY AND MAY REASON GUIDE US




While it am in agreement with the words which make up the above submission; I also have taken notice from your profile that you consider yourself to be a Satanist.   Have you ever mulled over in your mind that Satan is a construct of the mythical religious belief system called Christianity and as such is endemic to the search for the truth?  Once again, as indicated elsewhere, please accept my apology for taking so long to respond to your laconic message.




I am in agreement that Satan is a construct of a mythological belief systemS of which Christianity is only one. 


I also noticed from your profile that you left that "faith" part blank.  


It is because Christianity and other Abrahamic religions consider "Satan" endemic to the truth that I chose to add it.


Alhough it was not neccessary, I do accept your apology. 

I could be wrong.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 months ago  ::  Jun 20, 2014 - 10:39AM #40
StephenK.Adams
Posts: 1,828

Jun 20, 2014 -- 9:52AM, TRUECHRISTIAN wrote:



Apr 3, 2011 -- 9:33PM, NATAS wrote:


                                      TRUTH IS MY RELIGION


 


HAVE A THINKING DAY AND MAY REASON GUIDE US




While it am in agreement with the words which make up the above submission; I also have taken notice from your profile that you consider yourself to be a Satanist.   Have you ever mulled over in your mind that Satan is a construct of the mythical religious belief system called Christianity and as such is endemic to the search for the truth?  Once again, as indicated elsewhere, please accept my apology for taking so long to respond to your laconic message.




I am in agreement that Satan is a construct of a mythological belief systemS of which Christianity is only one. 


I also noticed from your profile that you left that "faith" part blank.  


It is because Christianity and other Abrahamic religions consider "Satan" endemic to the truth that I chose to add it.


Alhough it was not neccessary, I do accept your apology. 




From ska


I consider myself very lucky that you have responded to my erstwhile (read late) submission so promptly.   I take it that you have changed your name from NATAS to TrueChristian. After having looked at my Profile again, I see that in the space for ones faith, I have written the word --- OTHER.   It is not blank as you suggest.   When I determine how to edit my porfile I will change that to The Religion OF Truth.


For something to be considered as being endemic to the truth means that the entity being considered, in this case Christianity and other Abramic religions, do not believe in the concept of the Devil or Satan.   In Christianity in particular such a belief is put forward as the gospel truth contrary to what you have written above.


Unfortunately, I must say that I am not impressed by the words that you have chosen in your last sentence above.  Please do not attempt to put words in my mouth.  If I thought that an apology was appropriate, I would do so.  You are absolutely right however when you say that such an apology was "not necessary." 

We have nothing to fear except our lack of understanding of fear itself.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook