Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View THE RELIGION OF TRUTH
4 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2010 - 7:37PM #21
he-man

Jan 17, 2010 -- 6:27PM, he-man wrote:

From he-man

While this mythological information is available today via translated Babylonian cuneiform text taken from day tablets, it was not as readily available at the time of the Latin translation of the Bible.

Thus, early so-called Christian tradition interperted the passage as a reference to the moment a demoniac  being was thrown from heaven. Lucifer became another name for a mythological Satan and has remained so due to so-called Christian dogma and popular tradition.

Jan 19, 2010 -- 4:00PM, StephenK.Adams wrote:

My response

And you expect young people of today to embrace a religious belief system that embraces this kind of mythic and superstitious nonsense.   I will give Christianity this; they have purged much of their violent behavior towards those who do not accept their mytholigical beliefs. 

On the other hand, Islam still believes that they are duty bound to FORCE people to accept their belief system.  They do so in the belief that, even though they might have to kill one billion people before they "enlighten" the rest of the human race into accepting their belief system, they believe that ultimately the world will be better off once Islam is in full control all over the world.

What Islam and other such religons do not seem to realize is that unless you can attract people to your belief system voluntarily; if you must resort to force, no matter how you trick yourself into believing it is the right thing to do, in reality you are proving that your belief system is flawed at the core.  Human nature being what it is, any forced belief system will never reach the level of supremacy that ythose putting it forth dream of.  

My response to your reference to Mathew 27, Versus 52 and 53

I am duly impressed, he-man, with the massive amount of knowledge that you can bring to bear upon the possible foundation and/or meaning for these Matthes verses.  I can also see that you have spent a great deal of time convincing yourself of the value to this belief system.

But no amount of time can change an irrational statement into a rational one.  The human race thought that the world was flat up until about 500 years ago.  But the truth isn't interested in how much time is spent believing something that is false.  Time itself cannot make a falsehood become the truth.  Only increased knowledge can change a falsehood into the truth.

I  am sure that it must be disconcerting to you to think that you have spent so much of your time defending a system that is indefenseable as to its mythical origins.  With the fine intellect that you have acquired, it would be in your interest to try to adopt a belief system that is more in keeping with the realities of life in accordance with the increased knowledge that we have gained over the centuries, that was not available to those who founded the Christian fable.

If you have surmised that I am refering to the Religion Of Truth, then you have surmised correctly.  This is your invitation to bring your belief system up to date and as I say in the introduction to this religion, accept a belief system that does everything possible to divest itself of all superstitous and mythical beliefs.  

Nope, no superstitous and mythical beliefs here just plain old faith. 1Ch 16:8  Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.

The sorrow is the Lord's" for in the grave there will be no remembrance of you. In the grave who shall give you thanks?" Ps 6:5

2Th 1:8 In a firey flame; to give an avenging to those not knowing God, and to those not being obedient to the glad tidings of our Lord Jesus,
9 Who shall pay a usage of age lasting death from the face of the Lord and from the glory of his strength;

Someday maybe you will be brought to an understanding of what that means.

Eph 1:18  The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

2:12  That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Ro 8:24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

1Ch 16:41  And with them Heman and Jeduthun, and the rest that were chosen, who were expressed by name, to give thanks to the LORD, because his mercy endureth for ever;

Ro 15:4  For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

1Ch 25:5  All these were the sons of Heman the king’s seer (chozeh= to see) in the words of God, to lift up the horn.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 10:31AM #22
StephenK.Adams

From he-man

Nope, no superstitous and mythical beliefs here just plain old faith.

My response

But every superstitously based mythical religious belief system falls back on "faith" to defend its foundational beliefs.   Why do you think Christianity has some special  lock on reality; but all of the other such beliefs, like the Aztec belief system etc. etc., were just childish superstitions accepted by people whose knowldege base was far inferior to that which exists today?  

Perhaps you should take another look at what I said about the amount of time one spends believing in one belief system or another.   It takes a special kind of courage to be willing to set aside all of that time when one embraced a flawed belief system and take on a new one with all of the uncertainties that such an action involves.

Are you willing to do that?   Is your inherent quest for the truth strong enough to allow you to take such a risk?   I know that these are tough questions and only you can decide how to respond to them.  I can make suggestions which I believe are emminently valid but the final decision is yours alone.   This is a perfect example of a voluntary religious belief system, which The Religion Of Truth exemplifies.  Once again, the decision is entirely up to you.      

We have nothing to fear except our lack of understanding of fear itself.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 8:22PM #23
he-man

Jan 19, 2010 -- 7:37PM, he-man wrote:

From he-man

Nope, no superstitous and mythical beliefs here just plain old faith. 1Ch 16:8  Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.

The sorrow is the Lord's" for in the grave there will be no remembrance of you. In the grave who shall give you thanks?" Ps 6:5

2Th 1:8 In a firey flame; to give an avenging to those not knowing God, and to those not being obedient to the glad tidings of our Lord Jesus,

9 Who shall pay a usage of age lasting death from the face of the Lord and from the glory of his strength;

Someday maybe you will be brought to an understanding of what that means.

Eph 1:18  The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

2:12  That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Ro 8:24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

1Ch 16:41  And with them Heman and Jeduthun, and the rest that were chosen, who were expressed by name, to give thanks to the LORD, because his mercy endureth for ever;

Ro 15:4  For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Jan 20, 2010 -- 10:31AM, StephenK.Adams wrote:

My response

But every superstitously based mythical religious belief system falls back on "faith" to defend its foundational beliefs.   Why do you think Christianity has some special  lock on reality; but all of the other such beliefs, like the Aztec belief system etc. etc., were just childish superstitions accepted by people whose knowldege base was far inferior to that which exists today?  

Perhaps you should take another look at what I said about the amount of time one spends believing in one belief system or another.   It takes a special kind of courage to be willing to set aside all of that time when one embraced a flawed belief system and take on a new one with all of the uncertainties that such an action involves.

Are you willing to do that?   Is your inherent quest for the truth strong enough to allow you to take such a risk?   I know that these are tough questions and only you can decide how to respond to them.  I can make suggestions which I believe are emminently valid but the final decision is yours alone.   This is a perfect example of a voluntary religious belief system, which The Religion Of Truth exemplifies.  Once again, the decision is entirely up to you.

Sorry, but to have a choice you must first be called and then you may knock and the door will be opened. 
Lu 6:13  And when it was day, he called his disciples to him: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;

Mt 20:16  So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Lu 3:7  Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
9  And already also the pickaxe is to stand regarding the root of the trees; all trees then not producing good fruit is cut off and thrown into the fire. (Gehenna) see above "Who shall pay a usage of age lasting death"

Jn 15:6  If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. (in Gehenna)

7  If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8  Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

1Ch 25:5  All these were the sons of Heman the king’s seer (chozeh= to see) in the words of God, to lift up the horn.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 9:05PM #24
StephenK.Adams

From he-man's post # 8

StephenK.Adams said, " ROT is a journey towards deeper levels of truth in the religions that the human race chooses to follow and embrace. "

My response

Thank you for bringing up this situation.  You see The Religion Of Truth does not proclaim that it is in possession of the absolute truth like your beloved Christianity tries to do.  Remember that nonsense about --- "not one word or even one jot" shall be changed in the Bible.

We would celebrate people such as Galileo.  We wouldn't force him to deny that the planet earth travels around the sun.  Isn't it delightful that 4 or 500 years later the Catholic Church has relented and forgave poor old Galileo. 

Do you remember reading in the opening Document that the ROT will adopt the same kind of policy that Abraham Lincoln subsrcibed to, namely he said:  "I will adopt new ideas as fast as I can determine that they are true ideas. 

So yes, the ROT will not be the only religion in the future seeking out the truth.   The competition will do us all good.   So thank you again for pointing out that I used the word "religions", not a bunch of absolutist, intolerant ones like most, if not all of the existing religions are today.    

From he-man

ROT is better described as just that a bunch of Rot, for there are not Religions, but a Religion based upon a belief in the God of the Bible, which apparently, you have not read or have no understanding of the revealed "Truth".

My response

Please he-man try to control yourself.  Losing your cool like this gives a poor impression of the value of the Christian belief system to elevate ones emotional control. 

I was expected to attend Church or subtly forced to go to Church until I was about 12 years old.  Have you noticed that your beloved religion is losing its younger members?   They are actively recruiting members in the backward Third World areas which shows you what level of illiteracy and naivete that one must possess to believe what one finds in the Bible.  If I was trying to sell this superstitious and mythical belief system. I'd probably do the same thing.  That is if I could look myself in the mirror the next day. 

From he-man

You error again when you stated, "fear is not some horrible weakness" not knowing what the word means.  Fear is not used to describe our feelings toward God.

Reverence is the word you need to learn. You may mean that we should not Fear anyone who can destroy this mortal body but that we should revere Him who can destroy this mortal body and the Spirit.

My response

Do you realize that your fear of failure to "shut me up", as you so quaintly put it in another of your posts, is responsible for such an outburst as demonstrated by your above words.   You may have read some of the 98 page Document, but you should have stayed clear of the topic of fear.

It is patently obvious that in other situations, with other people, you were able to use your intensive knowledge about various historical facts to cower other people into silence and have them crawl away in failure.  Since I recognize the symptoms of fear when I read them, your subtrafuge and avoidance behavior,(which is a telltale sign of fear) had the opposite affect on me.  It just gave me more courage to tell the truth, while you continued to show increasing signs of frustration. 

Suggesting that we should not fear anyone tells me that you don't understand fear at all.  You see all human beings fear the unknown and since another human being can never be completly understood, there is always the potential for fear to enter into an interpersonal situation.

The trick in life is not to get rid of fear but rather to react to it correctly so that your behavior is rational rather than erratic.   All that life is in reality, is an endless series of achievements each one of which can invoke the emotion of fear.  Failing to have a basic understanding about fear is to be constantly uncertain about the basic realities of life itself. 

And now comes the kicker.  Since we fear the unknown, and if you react correctly to that fear, it will motivate you to increase your knowledge.  That is why I said that fear is not some horrible weakness.  In reality, it is the cornerstone upon which the human race builds its base of knowledge without which we would certainly be doomed.        

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2010 - 10:47AM #25
he-man

Jan 20, 2010 -- 9:05PM, StephenK.Adams wrote:

Do you realize that your fear of failure to "shut me up", as you so quaintly put it in another of your posts, is responsible for such an outburst as demonstrated by your above words.   You may have read some of the 98 page Document, but you should have stayed clear of the topic of fear.

It is patently obvious that in other situations, with other people, you were able to use your intensive knowledge about various historical facts to cower other people into silence and have them crawl away in failure.  Since I recognize the symptoms of fear when I read them, your subtrafuge and avoidance behavior,(which is a telltale sign of fear) had the opposite affect on me.  It just gave me more courage to tell the truth, while you continued to show increasing signs of frustration. 

Suggesting that we should not fear anyone tells me that you don't understand fear at all.  You see all human beings fear the unknown and since another human being can never be completly understood, there is always the potential for fear to enter into an interpersonal situation.

The trick in life is not to get rid of fear but rather to react to it correctly so that your behavior is rational rather than erratic.   All that life is in reality, is an endless series of achievements each one of which can invoke the emotion of fear.  Failing to have a basic understanding about fear is to be constantly uncertain about the basic realities of life itself. 

And now comes the kicker.  Since we fear the unknown, and if you react correctly to that fear, it will motivate you to increase your knowledge.  That is why I said that fear is not some horrible weakness.  In reality, it is the cornerstone upon which the human race builds its base of knowledge without which we would certainly be doomed. 

Fear? I said I do not Fear GOD, I revere God.

I do, of course, have human fears, especially for you:

2Co 11:3  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Lu 1:74  That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

And as you avoided answering, I say again, , but to have a choice you must first be called and then you may knock and the door will be opened.
Lu 6:13  And when it was day, he called his disciples to him: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;

Mt 20:16  So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Lu 3:7  Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
9  And already also the pickaxe is to stand regarding the root of the trees; all trees then not producing good fruit is cut off and thrown into the fire. (Gehenna) see above "Who shall pay a usage of age lasting death"

Jn 15:6  If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. (in Gehenna)

7  If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8  Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2010 - 3:12PM #26
StephenK.Adams

In response to my suggestion that he (he-man) has a choice to keep believing in an irrational belief system,(Christianity) or that he could join the Relgion Of Truth that makes a determined effort to eradicate all forms of superstition and/or myth, he-man wrote as follows:   

Sorry, but to have a choice you must first be called and then you may knock and the door will be opened.

My response

Perhaps you don't even realize how you automatically revert into avoidance behavior brought on by the emotion of fear.   Endless rote answers from verse and scripture.  Do you have any ideas to offer that are from your own mind itself?  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2010 - 3:18PM #27
StephenK.Adams

Well he-man, you probably won't believe this, but I wrote submission # 26 before I looked at your submission # 25 which is wall to wall rote.  YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNN.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2010 - 9:51AM #28
he-man

Jan 21, 2010 -- 3:12PM, StephenK.Adams wrote:

In response to my suggestion that he (he-man) has a choice to keep believing in an irrational belief system,(Christianity) or that he could join the Relgion Of Truth that makes a determined effort to eradicate all forms of superstition and/or myth, he-man wrote as follows:

Jan 21, 2010 -- 10:47AM, he-man wrote:

And as you avoided answering, I say again, , but to have a choice you must first be called and then you may knock and the door will be opened.

Fear? I said I do not Fear GOD, I revere God.  I do, of course, have human fears, especially for you:

2Co 11:3  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Lu 1:74  That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

Jan 21, 2010 -- 3:12PM, StephenK.Adams wrote:

My response: Perhaps you don't even realize how you automatically revert into avoidance behavior brought on by the emotion of fear.   Endless rote answers from verse and scripture.  Do you have any ideas to offer that are from your own mind itself? 

I do not have to offer my own words when the Bible speaks for me. I speak as I am moved and the only thing I fear, is that I might quote the wrong words and of course, my fear FOR you. Your words from your own mind are just that and nothing else.

Joh 8:28  Jesus therefore said to them, When ye shall have lifted up the Son of man, then ye shall know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself, but as the Father has taught me I speak these things.
Joh 12:49  For I have not spoken from myself, but the Father who sent me has himself given me commandment what I should say and what I should speak;

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2010 - 10:22AM #29
StephenK.Adams

Hello he-man

Feel free to write Scripture and verse of the entire Bible if you so desire but please do not take offense if I do not respond to you in the future.  You see, I find it much more valuable to enter into a discussion with someone who isn't afraid to express his or her own thoughts rather than with one who is paralyzed by rote.  If I must chose between "rote" communication or no communication whatsoever, I prefer silence.   However it is your prerogative so, --- go ahead and enjoy yourself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2010 - 10:27AM #30
StephenK.Adams

Hello --- to those who have been reading these submissions without entering any submissions themselves.  Incidently, thanks for your interest in this board. 

I sent an email letter to an acquaintance of mine, which contained the 98 page document introducing The Religion Of Truth.   Even though we do not agree on the need for religion in ones life, his ideas were so valuable that I asked his permission to post them into this site. 

He has graciously agreed to do this without first seeing the contents of my interspersed ideas.  I have given him the username of Stingray and I have interspersed my comments with his words. 

From Stingray

Hello (StephenK.Adams),

Thank you for directing my attention to this most interesting read.
I read it all, start to finish, and I would like to share with you the following thoughts:

My response

Thank you for taking the time to read all of those 96 pages and thanks for the complimentary words that you have to offer.  Without actually saying the words, I believe that you have declined to submit any messages into my site either.  However, because you did not say the word NO expressly, I suppose I could say that you left the door slightly ajar.

Other people who I have asked either said no, or simply ignored my suggestion that they post something into this site to help me get it started.  Even though you have indicated that you will not enter this site, I am indebted to you for not only taking the time to read the entire document but also for writing this email which offers me some extremely valuable constructive criticism.  

It also sheds a light on the reluctance to get involved in such a new endeavour by what I am sure will turn out  to be a sizable number of people.  While I have every respect for others who said no to my request, I have even more respect for the constructive criticism that you took the time to inform me of. There is a quotation that says one can be damned by praise  and saved by constructive criticism.   I believe it is true.

********************t ************

From Stingray

Personally, and after much life experience and more than casual exposure to a number of "religions" and belief systems, I have come to the conclusion that ALL organized religion is wrong, evil, and also the cuase of more death and suffering than practically any other force on this planet.

My response

I take it then, that the contents of the book called, Holy Horrors, resonated rather strongly with your thoughts on these matters.  One is reminded of the fate of those who cry wolf too often, but there is also the fate of those who fail to listen when there really is a wolf at the door.

I suppose a prime example of this phenomena was when Winston Churchill constantly cautioned against the gang of criminals led by Hitler who were in control of the German nation.   The cost of such failure to listen was measured in millions upon millions of lives.

While I find it quite easy to believe that a majority of people of the world are fed up with all forms of organized religions, to adopt an isolationist policy to religion itself will not prevent the holocaust that is lurking for the world at large.   

The suicide bomber who was disarmed around Christmas time in an airplane near Detroit, believes that Islam is the ultimate truth.   They believe that even if they have to kill off two billion of the worlds six billion people to achieve supremacy for Islam, they will have done Allah’s work.  They believe that after Islam is secured throughout the world an obvious level of nirvana will miraculously occur.

This potential future that lies in store for the human race will finally force the human race to give up its isolationist attitude to religion and replace it with a religion that mirrors reality instead of some form of superstitious and/or mythical belief system.

I think that you believe that we can rid ourselves of the scourge of religion by abolishing religion itself.   I have found during my 72 years of life that the best way of overcoming a bad habit is not simply to stop doing it, but rather, by replacing it with a good habit.  I consider The Religion Of Truth to be that “GOOD HABIT”  

From Stingray.

It is the lot of humankind to be superstitious, narrow minded, greedy, jealous, fearful of our own mortality, etc, etc, and these have been the very driving forces behind all of the organized religions.

My response

While there is much truth in your above words it is also intuitive to keep the following thoughts in mind.   Unless a large majority of the human race were decent, law abiding citizens who care about others, especially if their own situation is relatively secure, --- if not for these type of people, we would not be experiencing the level of civilization that many people on this planet are experiencing right at this moment.

In all probability you have seen more of the darker side of human behaviour than I have during my lifetime.  But as a cab driver, I saw some deceitful and downright vicious people over my 35 years of driving a taxi here in Toronto.  When I started I erroneously believed that up to 50% of my customers would try to cheat me out of the fare or try to rob me.   It turned out to be about 2% rather than 50%.

Call me polyannic if you like, but I believe that we have the potential to be much better than we think we can be.  Perhaps you are aware that I have just paraphrased a quotation from the golfer Ken Ventura that appears near the very end of the 98 page document putting forward the tenets of the Religion Of Truth.  

From Stingray

While I do agree with you that the Bible and Christian religion is driven by ancient, tired, and superstitious beliefs, I also agree with you that many other religions are likewise tainted.

IMHO, I feel that organized religion, in any and all forms, is positively the very worst thing that mankind could embrace and follow to whatever ends.

My response

The definition of religion is as follows: --- The belief in or worship of (God or Gods) --- a Creator.  I think it also would be appropriate to say that religions try to  answer the questions where did we come from and why are we here?  Then they also try to put forward what they believe will be good rules for living.

I don’t believe we will ever stop asking those questions and as such, that search will be religious in nature.  Asking everyone to embrace an Atheistic approach to reality is, in my opinion, an achievement that will never reach fruition. While Atheism seems to be the most logical way to look at reality, the propensity of order throughout the Universe appears to deny the concepts of Atheism. 

I highly recommend that you go to your local library and get a copy of the book called, The Greatest Show On Earth.  The author Richard Dawkins is an Atheist and the focus of the book is to prove unequivocally that evolution is not just a passing theory but rather it is a fundamental fact of reality.

In the process of writing this book, Dawkins also proved  unequivocally that our existing religions are mythical and superstitious in nature, but at the same time, he perhaps inadvertently proved that a Creator is just as viable, and probably even more so, an explanation for the existence of life as the belief that it is all an accident.

As stated in my document, what I admire most about an Atheist, which is almost always lacking in a seriously religious person, is the ability to reject old ideas as soon as one can determine that a new idea coincides with reality on a much deeper level than that which was accepted before. 

The fundamental religionist has deluded himself or herself into believing that he or she has already determined what the ultimate truth is and no further questioning of that divinely inspired truth is necessary.

From Stingray

You are to be commended for your eye opening and bravely honest written work and research on this matter but even the word "Religion" in the title of the ROT bothers me to some degree.

For your own interest, I believe that we all possess a life force and that we each have a unique "spirit" if you will, made up of the powers of our emotions, i.e. love, hate, strength, fear, etc.

But, I do not believe in an eternal soul or Heaven and Hell. Heaven and Hell were created by the church to keep us in line.
While I do not subscribe to an "afterlife", I firmly believe that the psychic imprints left by certain individuals can live on long after death and make their presence known to the living.

Call them ghosts, call them phantoms, or whatever but I prefer to think of such things as being acts or deeds filled with intense emotions and energy that keep "replaying" themselves over and over like a loop tape. As to why I believe in such things? It is because I have seen and experienced them personally many, many times. 

But, I do not believe they are connected with a spiritual "good" or "evil."  This life force of which I speak of is not good or evil.  The only thing that is capable of manifesting true "good" or "evil" are people themselves.

In reading the above, you may come to think that perhaps I am some sort of new age occultist. Perhaps some would say this and make that claim but in reality it is not so.

My response

Perhaps you do not wish to interpret the above as a religion and it certainly does not put forth the belief in a God, but nevertheless, it certainly sounds like a belief system to me.   Whether the reluctance to call it a religion has the capacity to prevent it from embracing many of the negative aspects of a religion is something that I am not really sure about.

From Stingray

All of my life I have been a magician. I have studied misdirection of the highest order. And, it is due to my very studies in these types of psychologies and historical subjects I have emerged a skeptic at heart with an open mind willing to see, experience, and examine.

My response

The above ideas entered directly into the response I made to an individual who is using the username of he-man in my beliefnet site.  I am sorry but I don’t remember the exact submission of his (he-man) where this “misdirection” occurred. 

I determined that he was using the old con of bait and switch in one of his criticisms of my ideas.  As a result of your above words I became aware of this ploy on his part and called him out on it.  Thank you.  

From Stingray

What you have written contains many of the core conclusions I myself have reached in my research and life. While I agree with much of it, certain things such as describing how ROT views homosexuality, I cannot agree with. This is not a "choice", rather it is genetic.

My response

Unfortunately the only conclusion that I can come to in the Ann Heche story in my document is that you think that she is either lying or is mistaken in some unknown way.  As is the case in all human achievements, the manner in which one reacts to fear is of the utmost importance.

I distinctly remember reading about a young man whose parents were to shy to discuss anything about the sexual aspects of life with their young son.  During his teenage years he began to have wet dreams, he developed a terribly negative self image about himself.

Since a woman expected a man to perform for at least 7 or 8 minutes during intercourse, he concluded that he was an out and out failure as a man.  Not only was he not capable of lasting the required 7 or 8 minutes, he didn’t even bother to wake up.

He didn’t even realize that these type of fears, in combination with a number of other conglomerated fears, entered into his decision to embrace a homosexual lifestyle, until a learned psychiatrist made him aware of them and he subsequently embraced a heterosexual lifestyle.  Perhaps I should not have refrained from including that story in the document itself.   

From Stingray

And speaking of this, one other thing bothers me... when a person speaks as you have about how ROT will view this or that, it reminds me of any other religion stating it's position on this or that matter.

By the mere stating of a position, as in "this is how our religion views this" you are doing what all other religions have done in the past and that which has caused many of humankind's discord; namely, telling people how to think or look at things.

I prefer an open mind with no one telling me how any group of people will be looking at things.  To this end, I will close with one of my favorite famous historical quotes: --- "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreampt of in your philosophy."

My response

Stating a position implies making a decision.  It is virtually impossible to go through life without making decisions.  This simple truth is most eloquently stated in the following story involving the venerable Winston Churchill.

While Winston’s party was in opposition during the early months of the second world war, one of his colleagues spent a considerable amount of time berating the government for their failure to make a decision. 

When he finally sat down Winston rose and said:  “Unfortunately I cannot agree with my esteemed colleague, the government has indeed made a decision.  They have decided to remain undecided.”

It is not the fact that religions make decisions that I find offensive, what I find to be offensive is their belief that such decisions should be written in stone and never revisited for possible change to bring it up to date with the hopefully increased knowledge that time itself should bring to a society that accepts “your” stated concept of an open mind.

It is that kind of response to the endless decisions that any belief system, religious or otherwise must make, that the Religion Of Truth will emphatically embrace.  Thanks again Stingray, maybe we don’t agree on the bringing into existence of another religion, but at least we could discuss those differences with an open mind and civil words.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook