Switch to Forum Live View True origins of Scientology
5 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2009 - 1:15PM #1
Vanca

L Ron Hubbard was a second rate science fiction writer who was angry that his fellow writers were winning awards for their books and he wasn't. At an awards ceremony Hubbard told some fellow writers that he was so good he could start his own religion. Well that was the birth of Scientology, a claim made by a second rate and jealous sci-fi writer.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2009 - 11:33AM #2
Timmylee

L. Ron Hubbard was trying to survive by making a living.  I too will try every angle to sell my writing.  I agree that not every path tried will lead to truth. It is unfortunate that the COS was the result of his efforts.

Spiritual technology has been around for a long time. People brought it with them when they came here. It is lost and rediscovered in many forms again and again.

What He wrote about the nature of our spirit, and how we came here is essentially true. The names and dates are often the subject of ridicule, and so must be offered carefully.

The timeline of our existence is proveable.  It took me thirty years to become clear because I was traumatized as a child.
The truth is that you cannot tell someone the whole truth all at once. You must expose it to the world in small chunks at a time, because the whole truth is a radical departure from what people are trained to believe all of their lives.

In the same way that the early christian church was a departure from Judaism because it said that the kingdom of God was reachable by the comman man, L. Ron Hubbard was a severe departure from the religions and science that we have been taught.

At the very beginning of introducing mankind to the whole truth, is to introduce them only to the concept of getting rid of the stimulus response mind.  Concentrating on that, will lead more people to healthier living than any other focus that I know of.
Don't scare people with the other stuff, it is a slow process. 

I shy away from the use of the word Scientology, because it has become so controversial. The only thing that L. Ron Hubbard did that was new was introducing the E meter to separate belief from knowledge. The rest has been sullied by the Guardian's Office and fanatics.  Independent research on my part, has confirmed much of what L. Ron Hubbard wrote. Since this is a public forum, I will only reveal that it is almost completely true what he wrote about the reactive mind.

You can quote me on this:
"Concentrate on reducing, or removing the stimulus response mind of an individual. The typical Human Being needs to be prepared to face his true spiritual nature and history. That was not possible in my case until I had erased my own stimulus response mind." says Timmy Lee.

www.timmylee.webs.com

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2009 - 7:53PM #3
Mark.tomles
Timmylee, would you say that you have "belief" or "knowledge" of what you claim?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2009 - 8:38PM #4
Timmylee

First I want to say that this is great that you commented several times about my posts.

I have been commenting on several videos of Islamic believers, and many of them write back to me because I talk to them like they are responsible adults, truly in love with their beliefs.

Do you see what I just said? Beliefs seem to be that which are only partly known, and they must be shored up with emotion. Emotion is the protector of ignorance.

Knowledge, or certainty is serene. Emotion is not necessarry. What I am certain of, is that LRH was right about many things.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2009 - 12:29PM #5
Mark.tomles
Happy to comment. I'm always sincerely eager to discuss such matters in a mutually respectful manner.

I must, however, disagree when you say that emotion is not necessary, for emotion is human, and a critical part of what makes us so.

I would agree that LRH was right about many things (for instance the "Way to Happiness" was an excellent book with wisdom pulled from many wonderful sources), but I was referring to your entire system, being "scientology" as a whole.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2009 - 1:37PM #6
Timmylee

What I meant was emotion is not necessarry to shore up certainty (using fanaticism).

LRH was right about how to get up and out of this universe.   It is very esoteric, and best revealed a small portion at a time, as it appears unreal if it is manifested in one big chunk.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2010 - 2:43AM #7
Mark.tomles

Dec 31, 2009 -- 1:37PM, Timmylee wrote:

What I meant was emotion is not necessarry to shore up certainty (using fanaticism).

LRH was right about how to get up and out of this universe.   It is very esoteric, and best revealed a small portion at a time, as it appears unreal if it is manifested in one big chunk.

That was my question, I apologize if it was unclear.

Would you say that you believe that your statement above is true, or would you say that you have an absolute knowledge, in the purest sense of the word?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2010 - 2:58AM #8
Timmylee

What is it that you are trying to get at? Reality as a man sees it, is not the same reality that a free being sees.  There are lots of limitations and opposing purposes that exist in the mind of a man. What is it that you want to know?

I am just going to take a stab at pointing you in a useful direction, if you are serious.

The first thing that a man needs to do is erase the stimulus response mind, all the way to it's core.

once that is done, new vistas can be pursued.  Reality must be expanded through clearing, then a greater reality can be confronted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2010 - 1:24PM #9
Merope

This thread was moved from the Scientology: Church of Scientology forum.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook