Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: Removed thread
4 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2009 - 9:55PM #1
rangerken

I removed...had to remove... a thread that was by both topic title, and content entirely about an individual member.

That is totally against BNET rules folks!

I'm locking this, and making it a sticky. I'll leave it up for a few  days nd then remove it. No need for reply... just please, don't do that!!!!!!

Rangerkeb, host

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2009 - 12:55AM #2
rangerken

The entire 'Gossipers' thread has been removed. It was little more than a series of insults and outright, rather mean spirited attacks. This board is discussion, debate, argument, and yes, confrontation... BUT, there are limits. and this thread went much too far.

Rangerken, host

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 9:31PM #3
rangerken

The new thread titled 'March 30, 2010' has been removed. Had it been started by a Jehovah's Witness it MIGHT have been OK, after I corresponded privately with the initial poster as to its point. Since this was not the case, I can see no benefit to this board that would be derived from this thread. Therefore it is gone.

Those who brought it to my attention are thanked.

Rangerken, host

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2010 - 12:47AM #4
rangerken

I removed a thread that was an invitation to inflamatory, and personal attack. It in no way supported to objective of this board which is discuss, debate, and argue about  the Jehovah's Witness religion...pro and con. In m opinion the original poster wasn't seeking to do this, but the thread was an invitation for it to happen, and unfortunately it did.

I am being intentionaly vague so as not to publically chide anyone. E-mail me with any queastions.

Rangeken, host

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2010 - 11:10PM #5
rangerken

The thread titled 'Open Platform for Judaism' has been removed due to its being entirely off topic and  inappropriate for this board.

Rangerken, Beliefnet Community Moderator

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2010 - 12:54AM #6
rangerken

A thread named fror a member (whom I choose not to name) was started with the obvious intent to get around some instructions I gave on another thread.

If anyone has a problem with any decision made by me or any other host, by all means e-mail us and ask about it. We will always respond and explain. But trying to get around a ruling just is not going to work.

Rangerken, Beliefnet Community Moderator

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2010 - 6:09PM #7
rangerken

A thread that was directed at a member, by its title in fact, has been removed. That is simply not allowed.

Rangerken, co-host

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 11:12PM #8
rangerken

The thread titled 'Hi Gorgeous' was removed. Fortunately there were very few posts. It just is not anywhere close to appropiate on this board.

Rangerken

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2011 - 11:23PM #9
rangerken

The thread titled 'More Upstanding Behavior by JWs' was removed for being inappropriate, inflamatory, and implying something simply not true of the Jehovah's witness religion.

Rangerken

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook