Switch to Forum Live View Vande Mataram UnIslamic; Ae Malik Tere Bandhe Hum - UnHindu
5 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2009 - 6:46AM #1
HinduGuy

I had asked some muslims about why some muslims think that Vande Mataram goes against the tenants of their religions - they tell me that they can only bow/praise Allah and no one else. Since Vande Mataram asks us to praise our motherland, it becomes unislamic to some people. I can certainly understand that.

This is in no way of hitting back at them, but since the issue was raised, I believe that the song - Ae Malik Tere Bande Hum (Film: Do Ankhe Barah Hath) is inappropriate for Hindus. Specifically the word Malik - Master - lowers us down to Subjects/Servants/Slaves. We Hindus are, as i posted before, students of God. A Subject/Slave kneels before his master in fear, obeys given orders without question. A Student must love and respect his teacher, must never fear his teacher and must question his teacher.

I read about this incident recently, wish i had noted it down better: It seems a teacher taught his students about some animal that lived in the Amazon. Later that month, he gave his students a test on the characteristics of that animal. Most of the students gave the correct answers - the teacher failed them all! Guess why?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2009 - 11:21AM #2
Maya3

Hi Hinduguy,

I´m not really sure what you are reffering too, do you mind clarifying it?
Maybe show a link?

Maya

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2009 - 9:18AM #3
HinduGuy

Hi Maya: Sorry for the late reply. Here is a link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2CJZiP4_Sc

This is a famous song from an old movie which was a big hit. But basically you don't need to see the song, i am having trouble with the words. Malik in Hindi - translates to Master. As I have posted before, Hinduism is a Teacher faith. Calling God master is inappropriate, that makes us subjects/servants/slaves. A slave blindly obeys his master whereas a student must challenge his Teacher.

The song also shows the Hindus kneeling as they sing the song, I find that also inappropriate.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2009 - 9:07AM #4
Maya3

I have mixed feelings about it,

I go to one Ashram/yoga center where they do a lot of kneeling and rituals that I'm not used to at "my" ashram. I don't particulary like it either it doesn't feel right to me.

But on the other hand I know that for some it feels very devotional and meaningful, so it's up to each and every one what you want to do

Maya

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook