Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

9 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2009 - 8:20AM #1
river8101

You know everytime I click, a full page ad pops up.  I can't move around this forum anymore without ads popping up.  Whether I move within a forum, or edit, or make any move at all, the ad pops up.  It's very distracting, sometimes makes me lose my place, and is overdone to death!  Ads on the sides, ads when you click, ads everywhere.  Does anybody read them?  I doubt it.  What a shame.  So many have left Belief Net, and gone to either Facebook or other forums, and this is one of the reasons.  The ads are way overdone. 

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2009 - 12:31PM #2
Miguel_de_servet

River

Oct 16, 2009 -- 8:20AM, river8101 wrote:

You know every time I click, a full page ad pops up.  I can't move around this forum anymore without ads popping up.  Whether I move within a forum, or edit, or make any move at all, the ad pops up.  It's very distracting, sometimes makes me lose my place, and is overdone to death!  Ads on the sides, ads when you click, ads everywhere.  Does anybody read them?  I doubt it.  What a shame.  So many have left Belief Net, and gone to either Facebook or other forums, and this is one of the reasons.  The ads are way overdone.

If you use Mozilla Firefox

1. Select "Tools" from Menus.

2. Select "Adblock Plus [ABP] Preferences"

3. From ABP menu "Options" select "Enable Adblock Plus"

4. Every time an unwanted ad pops up, select ABP, then press the "Add filter ..." button and key in the address of the unwanted ad.

If you use MS Internet Explorer

The operations are entirely similar, though with different menu and sub-menu names

Mario

Revelation is above, not against Reason

“The everlasting God is a refuge, and underneath you are his eternal arms ...” (Deut 33:27)
“Do you have an arm like God, and can you thunder with a voice like his?” (Job 40:9)
“By the Lord’s word [dabar] the heavens were made; and by the breath [ruwach] of his mouth all their host.” (Psalm 33:6)
“Forever, O LORD, Your word [dabar] stands in heaven.” (Psalm 119:89)
“Who would have believed what we just heard? When was the arm of the Lord revealed through him?” (Isaiah 53:1)
“Lord, who has believed our message, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” (John 12:38)
“For not the hearers of the law are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be declared righteous.” (Romans 2:13)

“Owe no one anything, except to love one another, for the one who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.”(Romans 13:8)
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2009 - 5:29AM #3
river8101

Mario,

I'm not very good on fixing computers, but thanks anyway.

I can do the first 3 steps, but haven't a clue how to do #4.  I don't see any addresses in the ads to put in.  Those blue ads that come down don't have any addresses that I can see.  But I wish all the ads would just stay on the side, and you wouldn't have to click them off everytime you post. riv

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2009 - 4:32AM #4
Idenitycrisis

I know I'm a little late to this thread, I wrote the same complaint in another forum. Gratsi Mario!Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook