Page 1 of 21  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 11:31AM #1
Aka_me

I'm curious why 1000 posts to thread gets it locked?

is the database not able to handle numbers larger than 1,024?

I guess you can pick up software from 1968 pretty cheap eh?

the US exports death and corruption globally on a scale undrempt by Iranian authorities. war for corporate profits funded by taxpayers and soldiers' lives plus unofficial war funded by drugs to minorities. wave that flag of corruption in blissful ignorance of the orphans it creates assisting the rich to get richer. it's all good though cause we don't need to do ANYTHING to change... mother nature will create the necessary change.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 12:23PM #2
Svetlana

Oct 12, 2009 -- 11:31AM, Aka_me wrote:

WAS there such a thing as software in 1968???  I'd think it would be expensive due to antiquity value alone!  Surprised Laughing

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 1:27PM #3
Ironhold

Oct 12, 2009 -- 11:31AM, Aka_me wrote:

I'm curious why 1000 posts to thread gets it locked?

is the database not able to handle numbers larger than 1,024?

The longer a thread gets, the more unweildy it becomes as regards using it.

As a result, really long threads - particularly ones that are commonly viewed and/or contain images - are often in danger of being locked and/or deleted past a certain point so as to make things more user-friendly. Even top-of-the-line boards (which, sadly, this isn't) have trouble with these really long threads bogging everything else down.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2009 - 8:06PM #4
Ironhold

Oct 15, 2009 -- 1:30PM, Aka_me wrote:

Iron: do you begin to see now how the variables are inter-dependent upon each other, layoffs cause commercial defaults which puts banks out of business which makes the economy look bad so employers lay more people off.

do any of your business journals explain this?

Meanwhile,...

*The Dow closed above 10,000 today for the first time in a year.

*Toys R Us is contemplating an initial public offering.

*People are starting new businesses.

*Walden Security is offering entry-level jobs with $15 an hour pay and health insurance.

*Some sectors, such as technical services, real estate, and administrative & support services are seeing positive growth in their sales.

*At least one labor union is publicly humiliating itself by calling for a boycott of Whole Foods. Although the company is pretty cutting-edge in regards to how liberal and comprehensive its employee health care is, the fact that CEO John Mackey questioned the effectiveness of Obamacare was enough to have these people referring to him as scum and trying to bring bullhorns inside stores.

If a person wants to find bad news in this economy, they can find it.

Just like a person can find good news as well.

Right now, what the nation needs is less nay-saying and more "It's time to get back to work."

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2009 - 9:20PM #5
li47

*Walden Security is offering entry-level jobs with  $15 an hour pay and health insurance.

Is $15 an hour considered good pay in the US?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2009 - 9:47PM #6
Ironhold

Oct 15, 2009 -- 9:20PM, li47 wrote:

*Walden Security is offering entry-level jobs with   an hour pay and health insurance.

Is  an hour considered good pay in the US?

Most entry-level jobs are only in the neighborhood of $7 to $8 an hour, barring regional cost-of-living differences.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2009 - 10:00PM #7
li47

Most entry-level jobs are only in the neighborhood of $7 to $8 an hour, barring regional cost-of-living differences.

Wow.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2009 - 8:54AM #8
Svetlana

Oct 15, 2009 -- 9:47PM, Ironhold wrote:

Oct 15, 2009 -- 9:20PM, li47 wrote:

*Walden Security is offering entry-level jobs with $15  an hour pay and health insurance.

Is $15 an hour considered good pay in the US?

That IS excellent entry level pay, but you still have to work for it.  A few years ago, Fed Ex was rumored to be paying  $11/hour for people simply to sit in their trucks with the driver, allowing the driver to use car-pool lanes in California.  Sign me up!!!  I earn more than that, but to sit all day, watch the scenery, and/or enjoy a good book while getting paid for it sounds very good right now.

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2009 - 12:02PM #9
Habala?!

Oct 15, 2009 -- 8:06PM, Ironhold wrote:

If a person wants to find bad news in this economy, they can find it.

Just like a person can find good news as well.

Right now, what the nation needs is less nay-saying and more "It's time to get back to work."

For once Iron and I agree on something.

"When you walk, you might like to take the hand of a child. She will receive your concentration and stability, and you will receive her freshness and innocence." -Tich Naht Hanh
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2009 - 4:49PM #10
Ironhold

Oct 15, 2009 -- 10:00PM, li47 wrote:

Most entry-level jobs are only in the neighborhood of  to  an hour, barring regional cost-of-living differences.

Wow.

"Entry-level" indicates that the jobs were intended for people who had only a minimal level of education or work experience.

These are jobs to where what's required is large numbers of unskilled labor doing repetitive tasks, and so just about anyone who's over a certain age could hypothetically fulfill the job description provided they were able to make it through the company's training program.

In most instances, the employee in question isn't expected to stay in the position for very long; it's generally assumed that they'll either get promoted or go on to a better position elsewhere in relatively short order. Alternatively, the employer is looking to hire retirees who are seeking a job to supplement their retirement income / benefits.

Hence, the pay generally hugs the minimum wage and benefits are few and far between unless there's a localized labor shortage or tight labor competition.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 21  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook