Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Violence, Buddhists & Islam
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 7:00AM #11
Godman

Mark:

Your apology for Islam is noted.  I didn't know you were such an Islamic scholar.

If after 400 years of Jihad, the Christians decided to fight back, I can see their point.  That Europeans killed their Jews for any reason, religious or secular, is a comment on Europeans.  I'm the happy surviving Jews came to the USA.  I hope we never go down Europe's atheistic path.

I only wish that the Soviet Jews had come here instead of Israel.  We could have used their genius.  Maybe the world will abandon them again.   It seems Europe is abandoning its heritage at an ever greater rate.  Iran's nuclear effort will force Israel's hand.  A nuclear exchange would scare the Soviet Jews out of Israel.  Who knows?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 8:01AM #12
Eudaimonist

Sep 9, 2009 -- 7:00AM, Godman wrote:

Your apology for Islam is noted.  I didn't know you were such an Islamic scholar.

I know only just enough to make my statement with confidence.  I have read quotes from the Koran that reject killing the infidel just because they are the infidel, and which advise a more peaceful approach.  Unfortunately, I'm not enough of a scholar to remember them off of the top of my head.  Perhaps some other person with a better memory than mine will recall those quotes.

I only wish that the Soviet Jews had come here instead of Israel.  We could have used their genius.

I agree.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 8:04AM #13
Eudaimonist

Sep 9, 2009 -- 6:42AM, Godman wrote:

I try my best to stay away from abortion.  Doesn't that mean birth control is off limits too?  The entire Christian idea of fetal life representing an infinite number of possible future progeny is out by precluding any discussion of bortion.  I don't see how one can discuss a Christian perspective on life, without bringing up their perspective on life.

Atheists as far a I can tell do not agree with the Christian perspective on life.

Here's a data point for you.  My father is an atheist and firmly pro-life.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 8:41AM #14
Godman

Mark:

I can understand that.  Life is good.

Regarding Islamic theology, it is widely accepted that a revelation given after supercedes the preceding revelation.  Hence a revelation when Muslims were weak and conciliatory, has been superceded by the ones when they were in political power.  If you are interested:

www.meforum.org/1754/peace-or-jihad-abro...

There'salso the doctrine of lieing to infidels to adavnce the Islamic cause:

www.ismaili.net/histoire/history04/histo...

KWinters:

Any comment? Self-defense or not?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 10:32AM #15
Jcarlinbn

Well there are religions, even atheistic religions.  Communists have killed hundreds of millions in their atheistic non-belief. 

Repeat, for the record. To spite Goodman with his fingers in his ears singing the Christian Liturgy La, la, la, la, I can't hear you, Amen!  Communists are not atheists and persecute religious people of all denominations and sects not because they are religious but because they are seditious.  That is. they do not believe in or worship the Despot God.    

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 10:40AM #16
Jcarlinbn

I try my best to stay away from abortion.  Doesn't that mean birth control is off limits too?  The entire Christian idea of fetal life representing an infinite number of possible future progeny is out by precluding any discussion of bortion.  I don't see how one can discuss a Christian perspective on life, without bringing up their perspective on life.

You may discuss the Godman perspective on life, including contraception as long as you do not discuss abortion, you may also discuss Godman sexuality as long as you avoid comments on homosexuality.  

jcbn

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2009 - 6:57AM #17
Godman

"Communists are not atheists and persecute religious people of all denominations and sects not because they are religious but because they are seditious.  That is. they do not believe in or worship the Despot God."

This is interesting.  Are you saying communists worship the "Despot God"?

Who or what is the "Despot God"?  The state?  The Leader?

I thought atheists do not believe in god, now you've narrowed the definition to atheists do not believe in other men or group of men either?

This verbal linguistic is impressive and convenient.

Frankly, I don't see how one can discuss the various positions on recreational sex versus procreational sex without abortion and homosexuality.  They are very important factors to consider.  My understanding of the Christian perspective is limited in any case.  The topic iven the constraints becomes problematic.

Could we discuss intersexulity?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2009 - 8:58AM #18
Kwinters

I've reported the OP as being inapproprite for this board.

This discussion has nothing to do with atheism, only Buddhism as a religion and Islam.

As it has nothing to do with atheism I have requested it be moved to a more appropriate (e.g. Buddhist, Islam or inter-faith) board.

Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2009 - 9:00AM #19
Kwinters

Sep 10, 2009 -- 6:57AM, Godman wrote:

"Communists are not atheists and persecute religious people of all denominations and sects not because they are religious but because they are seditious. That is. they do not believe in or worship the Despot God."

This is interesting.  Are you saying communists worship the "Despot God"?

Jesus was a communist:

Christian communism is a form of religious communism based on Christianity. It is a theological and political theory based upon the view that the teachings of Jesus Christ compel Christians to support communism as the ideal social system.

Christian communists trace the origins of their practice to the New Testament book Acts of the Apostles at chapter 2 and verses 42, 44, and 45:

42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.43 Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44 And all that believed were together, and had all things in common; 45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. (King James Version)

The theme is reiterated in Acts 4:32-37:

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. 33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. 34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, 35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need. 36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus, 37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet. (King James Version)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_communis...

Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2009 - 7:26PM #20
Blü

Godman

You seem to be ignoring the point that if we could get rid of the fundies we could get rid of the problems.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook