Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Switch to Forum Live View No Hell for Hindus/Buddhists - Part II
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 7:34AM #101
mvishnu

silence_speaks,

What I gave is some list of prominent respected spiritual figures in contemporary times, there are many more. The approaches of these Gurus may be different, but if you look closely they are teaching the same thing. Their target group is different and their mission is different. Their common mission is to re-establish Sanatana Dharma. All of them are successful in transforming many spiritual aspirants worldwide. I know this for sure as I have quite exposed to these teachings and also read many discourses written by these masters. Trust me, their works are unparallel.

Your comments just show your own ignorance about these masters. You only focus on the negative comments about these masters (by the bigots), but fail to see the positive ones (by the realized). A bigot listens to a bigot and the realized listens to the realized ones.

Prabupada is definitely a Self realized master and the same goes to Satya Sai Baba. Just read their works with an open mind without any form of prejudice. The former did not know the purpose of the advent of Sai Baba, but the later knows. But many masters did apprehend it .. (
Testimony of the Modern Day Masters) www.saibaba.ws/articles/whoissaibaba.htm ... If you are not able to recognize this it is ok, but do not malign these great masters as it the greatest sin one can do says the Hindu scriptures. It only exposes your ignorance and nothing more.

Well, the quote that you gave from Vivekananda does not support your stand in any way. You are doing literal interpretation similar to how a Christian would interpret a bible and argue. I showed you how my understanding of the rope example varies from your interpretation, but when I do it you tend to ignore and jump to another topic... and it looks like you can't understand what I say. Even if you respond to my post, you tend to misunderstand it, and thus it explains exactly how you understand Sankara's or Vivekananda's works.

So I do not think we can continue like this. Please pardon me if I have said anything wrong unintentionally, but I don’t think it is possible to have a rational discussion with you. So l am going to stop here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 7:58AM #102
silence_speaks

Dear mvishnu,

:)

Prabhupada calls Satya Sai Baba "Rascal" ... i did not say that Prabhupada said it!

Prabhupada said the same of Ramakrishna also ! i was rather surprised to hear that initially!

Their teaching is not the same. Please be sure on this as well. Their teaching is not the same in anyway.

Regarding explanation of rope-snake ... you cannot have your own fancy interpretation. An interpretation has to be consistent with scriptures. if you give a fancy interpretation, that wont help. And Swami Vivekananda said something, i gave you the statement ... he says clearly "Individual soul" does not at all exist by Advaita perspective. Do you agree to this? Otherwise you have a problem with Vivekananda's interpretation ... not just mind. Suppose you agree ... then you are with me !

You have been blaming me of irrationality & inconsistency ... but i have not seen a single explanation for

1. what janaka said & i pointed out

2. what Vivekananda said & i pointed out.

3. What Vasishta said ...

you have been saying only one thing: my interpretation does not match with modern saints ... u defined ur own list of modern saints ... i asked how do u know they are modern saints and u become emotional abt it! :) ... if i give a logical explanation and corner , you either run away or say "i am being logical, this is not a matter of logic" !

You have not understood those saints either! You did not explain to me what Vivekananda said , as i posted here! and then blame me ... saying "u r quoting out of context"

SUPPOSE i am indeed quoting out of context .... show that! Show me how it is so. i gave the whole article to u!

Love!

Silence

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2009 - 5:13AM #103
TinaRao

there definitely are a few saints who do good job. i was not saying there are no good saints i am just looking into the cause for some of them getting corrupt. :)

silence,

Shri ramakrishna parmahamsa and vivekananda were great souls and they

were examples.  In olden times it was easier to stay away from evil.

I spoke about present times.  In these times, I have seen ample of

dishonest saints and swamis and gurus etc.

What are the causes please?

Asha.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2009 - 5:24PM #104
Utilyan

No hell.....what a horrible concept......   Does that mean when I get off being mean im in heaven?

I think good folks are sorta hell bound.     So long as there is suffering theres always good folks running to where the trouble is.

Think they call it hell from folks yelling HELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!     So bad they can't even finish help!.

If everything were fine.......then everything would be fine.     

Fear has caused me to do stupid stuff many a time,  Or is prob more accurate to say its always the cause of stupid stuff.        But thats prob the only place of sincere courage.    One feels courageous.....its easy to be courageous when one has "courage".     

Or to FEEL trust...... wow thats a spiritual luxury.    Might need to dump that too =)

Do the right thing when your doomed easier then when your omnipotent?    

Its funny that it indeed could be.....    I might need a hell to finally surrender.     If I was well off i'd prob be a jerk.

Heaven could be a truly terrible fright if you give it some thought.      Lost to a automation of desires......  

One who trusts though....    no problem going to heaven, hell or anywhere.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2009 - 8:01AM #105
Jm8

> Heaven could be a truly terrible fright if you give it some thought.      Lost to a automation of desires......

No, there's no such need. A stay in svarga (heaven) can be compared to a long holiday in an exotic destination. Your desires are not suspended there. But when the time is up (your punya karma exhausted), you have to return:

te tam bhuktva svarga-lokam visalam

ksine punye martya lokam visanti (BG 9.21)

Therefore svarga is not a place to be fixed on. Otoh, Vaikuntha/Goloka:

na tad bhasayate suryo na sasanko na pavakah
yad gatva na nivartante tad dhama paramam mama

That supreme abode of Mine is not illumined by the sun or moon, nor by fire or electricity. Those who reach it never return to this material world. (BG 15.6)

Hope this helps. Hare Krishna

Your servant, bh. Jan

www.vrindavan-dham.com
www.veda.harekrsna.cz

kAmyopAsana yArthayanty anudinaM kincit phalaM svepsitam,
kecit svargam athApavargam apare yogAdi yajnAdibhiH,
asmAkaM yadunandanAMghri yugala dhyAnAvadhAnArthinAm,
kiM lokena damena kiM nRpatinA svargApavargaizca kiM?

"Those who waste their time for the attainment of celestial joys or liberation are fools! I do not want any of that! I only desire to remain engrossed in the sweet remembrance of the lotus feet of Lord Krishna. What is the need for heaven or mukti to prema bhaktas of the Lord?" (Adi Sankaracarya, Prabodha sudhakara, Anugrahika prakaranam 150)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook