Page 3 of 17  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Messianic prophecies
5 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2009 - 8:51PM #21
Miguel_de_servet

Leah

Sep 8, 2009 -- 11:06AM, LeahOne wrote:

MdS, it's hard for me to believe that in your zeal to insult me you'd take up, positionally, [sic] with one of the very worst bottom-feeders on B'net's boards...

First, I haven't got the faintest idea why you would consider yourself "insulted" by my previous post.

Second, I haven't got the faintest idea who you are referring to by "one of the very worst bottom-feeders on B'net's boards"

[Leah] I don't recall having denied the first-century Jewish origins of Christianity - care to point out where you assume that I did?

I clearly wrote, "many, here, ...  resort to the extreme step of affirming the mythical origin of Christianity". What makes you assume that I was referring yo you, unless you are one of those "many?

Mario

P.S. I have ignored the rest of your post, because it is entirely irrelevant, AFAIAC, in spite of your attempts at editing with Big Letters

Revelation is above, not against Reason

“The everlasting God is a refuge, and underneath you are his eternal arms ...” (Deut 33:27)
“Do you have an arm like God, and can you thunder with a voice like his?” (Job 40:9)
“By the Lord’s word [dabar] the heavens were made; and by the breath [ruwach] of his mouth all their host.” (Psalm 33:6)
“Who would have believed what we just heard? When was the arm of the Lord revealed through him?” (Isaiah 53:1)
“Lord, who has believed our message, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” (John 12:38)
“For not the hearers of the law are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be declared righteous.” (Romans 2:13)

“Owe no one anything, except to love one another, for the one who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.”(Romans 13:8)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2009 - 10:18PM #22
LeahOne

Mario, it's OK - I wasn't actually insulted. 

It's too late here to go back and go over each tiny detail ad infinitum, but perhaps I will have time to do that tomorrow.  Just for you : )) 

One does hold hope that our visiting troller-trash will scuttle back to its nominal B'net abode and cease its presumptuous prevaricating about matters far beyond its benighted blattoid brain.  Let's all be kind and not bother to squish it on its way back to he oh-so-holier-than-all-the-rest nest.....

(and no, MdS - I was hardly referring to you above)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 12:17PM #23
Miguel_de_servet

Leah

Sep 8, 2009 -- 10:18PM, LeahOne wrote:

Mario, it's OK - I wasn't actually insulted. [good! You had no reason to ...]

It's too late here to go back and go over each tiny detail ad infinitum, but perhaps I will have time to do that tomorrow.  Just for you : )) [as you wish ...]

One does hold hope that our visiting troller-trash will scuttle back to its nominal B'net abode and cease its presumptuous prevaricating about matters far beyond its benighted blattoid brain.  Let's all be kind and not bother to squish it on its way back to he oh-so-holier-than-all-the-rest nest ... [ever heard of Don Quixote and his "Tilting at Windmills"? well that is the impression you give ...]

(and no, MdS - I was hardly referring to you above) [I can assure you that, even if you were, I would be utterly unbothered (at most I would feel sorry for you ...)]

NFCR

MdS

“The everlasting God is a refuge, and underneath you are his eternal arms ...” (Deut 33:27)
“Do you have an arm like God, and can you thunder with a voice like his?” (Job 40:9)
“By the Lord’s word [dabar] the heavens were made; and by the breath [ruwach] of his mouth all their host.” (Psalm 33:6)
“Who would have believed what we just heard? When was the arm of the Lord revealed through him?” (Isaiah 53:1)
“Lord, who has believed our message, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” (John 12:38)
“For not the hearers of the law are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be declared righteous.” (Romans 2:13)

“Owe no one anything, except to love one another, for the one who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.”(Romans 13:8)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2009 - 12:53PM #24
LeahOne

MdS:  ever heard of Don Quixote and his "Tilting at Windmills"? well that is the impression you give ...]

Oh, well!  If I were inclined, I suppose I could bluster up some bombast about "No windmill shall go unscathed from the blows of my mighty lance" or whatever....but I'm not a victim of testosterone poisoning  And I'd have to work up the energy to care.  Ennui is about all I've got right now....

There is an ad on this page with 2 throbbing briefcases - it's making me queasy.... : ((

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2009 - 3:35PM #25
Miguel_de_servet

Leah

Sep 9, 2009 -- 12:53PM, LeahOne wrote:

Ennui is about all I've got right now ...

Sorry to hear, but I wonder how that can happen to someone describing her personal situation like this:

Spiritual Mood: Relaxed

There is an ad on this page with 2 throbbing briefcases - it's making me queasy.... : ((

I dunno, I have managed to filter out all adverts after a long time ... Smile

Mario

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2009 - 6:26PM #26
LeahOne

Silly boy! Did you read the time on those posts?  My WonderHusband wasn't home then!

I'll concede that perhaps my spiritual focus was impaired by the pulsating briefcases - did I mention they also switched colors as well? And thanks for asking, but no that didn't affect our marriage.

Still and all, I suppose I could take another look at that profile thingey....

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2009 - 6:49AM #27
Miguel_de_servet

Leah

Sep 10, 2009 -- 6:26PM, LeahOne wrote:

Silly boy! Did you read the time on those posts?  My WonderHusband wasn't home then! [I suppose the "WonderHusband" is tongue-in-cheek, no? How sad ...]

I'll concede that perhaps my spiritual focus was impaired by the pulsating briefcases - did I mention they also switched colors as well? And thanks for asking, but no that didn't affect our marriage. [maybe there is a Freudian association between "absent husband" and "pulsating briefcases" ... no?]

Still and all, I suppose I could take another look at that profile thingey.... [perhaps you should ...]

NFCR

Mario

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2009 - 9:31AM #28
LeahOne

MdS - : ))  The WonderHusband IS 'all that', a bag o' chips - and a Pepsi, too.  No idea why he loves me:  nobody's ever wondered why I love him : ))

Thanks for the laugh - WonderHubby enjoyed your comments this morning : ))

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2009 - 11:21AM #29
Miguel_de_servet

Leah

Sep 11, 2009 -- 9:31AM, LeahOne wrote:

The WonderHusband IS 'all that', a bag o' chips - and a Pepsi, too.  No idea why he loves me:  nobody's ever wondered why I love him.

I am delighted to hear you do, in spite of the "husband's flightiness", of the "throbbing", "pulsating", "color-switching" briefcases. (I wonder why do you love him, BTW ...)

As for the drinks, maybe it is Pepsi that's the problem. See HERE how much more unstable over time it has always been, compared to Coke. (click on image with mouse to expand it)

Thanks for the laugh - WonderHubby enjoyed your comments this morning

You're welcome. THIS is for you two ...

Mario

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2009 - 5:42AM #30
river8101

Sep 11, 2009 -- 9:31AM, LeahOne wrote:

MdS - : ))  The WonderHusband IS 'all that', a bag o' chips - and a Pepsi, too.  No idea why he loves me:  nobody's ever wondered why I love him : ))

Thanks for the laugh - WonderHubby enjoyed your comments this morning : ))

Leah,
There have probably been hundreds of songs, poems and books written about why people fall in love.  But nobody really knows.   You're right, we have no idea why two people fall in love and love each other enough to stay together for many years.  But many do.  My "hubby" I think that's a kind of silly name.  hubby, wifey, etc.  LOL!  Anyway, Tim never reads this forum or any other.  He's quite secular and right now he's reading a book called "The End of Faith" by Sam Harris.  Once in a while he quotes me a passage from the book while (I'm) probably watching TV or reading.  We've been together over 30 years and still love each other.  You don't have to be religious or have religion to love each other.  It just happens.  I think love changes over the years.  It starts out mainly romantic, and then you become friends, and eventually both sort of merge together.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 17  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook