5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 4:42AM #1
Harmony2009

A person should not promise to give a child something and then not give it, because in that way the child learns to lie.

Promise is simple and strong., yes, but promises can often be small and meaningless. Remember when you were little? If you were anything like "yes mum, I'll do the dishes, I promise, but not until after this show." Then conveniently forget about it --- oops, sorry mum. However, as we grow and learn promises get more deep and heartfelt. We often sacrifice by making these promises that bond us together, and they become something powerful and touching. If you decide to marry, you might make a promise like this: "I promise from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

This time we focuses on the nature of promise, and how strong and touching a promise made in earnest can be." Look at "promise" again. It is something simple, strong and beautiful when it is true. Make promises count by putting your heart into it, and stick to it, and the world will be touched with warmth. I remembered what Lihong Zhi said, but now he stays in American and how should he keep his promises for followers?

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook