Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The New Testament is Gnostic and Gnosticism claims all Christians.
5 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 11:29PM #1
Xianmyst

Actually, it was pretty open and simple, although it was kept hidden from those who could not see, as they were seeking power, wealth, fame and control.   The Gnostics were still very much alive and blew away St Irenaeus, Bishop of Lugdunum, who championed St Paul, the great Gnostic.  Paul was one of the first true Gnostics.  Paul certainly received Gnosis on the road to Damascus.  He described some of the attributes of gnosis (the Gifts of the Spirit) in 1 Corinthians 12:7-13 and some of the resulting behaviors in Galatians 5:22-23. These Gifts of the Spirit or of Shekinah were available to everyone.  So, he experienced the Gnosis, he wrote about it to everyone, he taught how to receive it and what our behavior should be once we received it.

In Reiki, this is actually "spiritually guided life force energy." Chi is the life-process or “flow” of energy that sustains living beings

The “Church” included these writings in the New Testament and so it was available to everyone who sought the Truth, the Gnosis.  Thus, the “Church” sponsored, preached and disseminated the Truth within the canonical texts – the Gnosis, although they didn’t understand what had happened.  The Holy Virtue of Shekinah, which Jesus bestowed upon others (KJV) was the Gnosis, the Gifts of the Spirit (Shekinah), The Grace of God, the Sanctification, and the Peace beyond All Understanding.  

We should always give thanks to the Catholic churches and the Protestant Churches for including, preserving and disseminating the writings of Paul, one of the best known Gnostics.  Although the Church has often punished and tried to destroy Gnostics, they have unwittingly sponsored Gnosticism around the world for over 1600 years.

Blessed Shekinah

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2009 - 7:26AM #2
Firebreathingdragon

Gnosis, knowledge of God, is based on personal spiritual experience. Paul had this but he made the supreme mistake that all the Abrahamic religious leaders did which is trying to cram their personal religious experience of God down everyone else's throats. No true Gnostic would do this; he or she would know better but not Paul. He's got his gospel and if you don't believe Paul's gospel, according to Paul, you're condemned to hell. Paul's not a Gnostic. True gnosis can only be One to one, nothing in between.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2009 - 10:36PM #3
Xianmyst

Perhaps we are viewing it a little differently, but maybe the Church had a little to do with “cramming their religious experience of God down everyone else's throats.”  Maybe they murdered a few people who did not believe as they thought they should or destroyed their “inspired writings”.    As a matter of fact, you don’t really sound as though you are a Gnostic.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2009 - 11:16PM #4
Creedofcrusades

Jul 22, 2009 -- 7:26AM, Firebreathingdragon wrote:

Gnosis, knowledge of God, is based on personal spiritual experience. Paul had this but he made the supreme mistake that all the Abrahamic religious leaders did which is trying to cram their personal religious experience of God down everyone else's throats. No true Gnostic would do this; he or she would know better but not Paul. He's got his gospel and if you don't believe Paul's gospel, according to Paul, you're condemned to hell. Paul's not a Gnostic. True gnosis can only be One to one, nothing in between.

True gnostics, like all new age, exists mostly on the internet. And I thank God for that. Christians can engage the real world while gnosticism sweeps the chat rooms to religious victory like the Libertarians sweep chatrooms to political victory :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2009 - 12:16PM #5
sonnymoon42
If "true gnosis can only be One to one, nothing in between," it would follow that no religious texts, dogmas, prayers, services or rituals are needed to know God. Is that an accurate assessment of what "Gnosticism" is?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2009 - 10:23PM #6
Xianmyst

Oct 11, 2009 -- 12:16PM, sonnymoon42 wrote:

If "true gnosis can only be One to one, nothing in between," it would follow that no religious texts, dogmas, prayers, services or rituals are needed to know God. Is that an accurate assessment of what "Gnosticism" is?

sonnymoon42

In the purest sense, I would agree.

But for those of us who have been searching, I am not sure if I would rule out texts for how then, would we know?

I, on the other hand believe that prayers, including meditation, contemplation, dancing, Tai Chi (a meditation of movement) present us with a door.  Certainly, anyone may achieve oneness, no matter what their background or religious experience (or not).

Shekinah blessings.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2009 - 7:23PM #7
BBarton

Some scholars think Paul is not the author of all epistles attributed to him.  Expecially those that make rules for women to silence or hide them in society. 

I just received two new books, "What Paul Really Said About Women" and "The First Paul", (Reclaiming the Radical Visionary Behind the Church's conservative Icon).

I've noticed there's conflicts in some of what Paul writes.  Sometimes the Spirit of his words resonate with the truth of my heart and sometimes he is downright irksome.  I thought it might be his internal battle between a projecting ego and a selfless saint.  Then again with a government forming a religion to subjugate, perhaps they added to writings as well as kept out when it came to forming "The Bible". 

Knowledge (gnosis) is most desirable if we are instructed in Wisdom.  Knowledge without Wisdom is as disastrous as truth without love, ... often cruel. 

Xianmyst, good to see you!  I went to a prayer meeting on the night of the full moon and had a great time.  Many of the ladies spoke of Reiki.  I'm not sure what it is, and am curious.  I need to read up on it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2009 - 12:02AM #8
Xianmyst

BBarton

The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy."

I believe that this is much the same as “the gifts of the Spirit” or the “Virtue” that Jesus bestowed upon others (KJV).  Shekinah Blessings

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2009 - 10:02AM #9
BBarton

Nov 5, 2009 -- 12:02AM, Xianmyst wrote:

BBarton

The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy."

I believe that this is much the same as “the gifts of the Spirit” or the “Virtue” that Jesus bestowed upon others (KJV). Shekinah Blessings

Ahhhh!  Thank you, and blessings to you Xianmystic.  Divine Wisdom and Anima!  Our Holy Mother and Father.  That is what I see as missing and causing a ruckus because of it.

I see the story in Genesis as womanity sharing of the tree of Gnosis with Wisdom as her guide.  When she brought man to partake of knowledge, it was without Wisdom, whom he fears, and would crush under his heal, preferring Ignorance -who binds the world to a lesser realm/reality called Patriarchy.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 9:43AM #10
miknik5

Jul 21, 2009 -- 11:29PM, Xianmyst wrote:

Actually, it was pretty open and simple, although it was kept hidden from those who could not see, as they were seeking power, wealth, fame and control.   The Gnostics were still very much alive and blew away St Irenaeus, Bishop of Lugdunum, who championed St Paul, the great Gnostic.  Paul was one of the first true Gnostics.  Paul certainly received Gnosis on the road to Damascus.  He described some of the attributes of gnosis (the Gifts of the Spirit) in 1 Corinthians 12:7-13 and some of the resulting behaviors in Galatians 5:22-23. These Gifts of the Spirit or of Shekinah were available to everyone.  So, he experienced the Gnosis, he wrote about it to everyone, he taught how to receive it and what our behavior should be once we received it.

In Reiki, this is actually "spiritually guided life force energy." Chi is the life-process or “flow” of energy that sustains living beings

The “Church” included these writings in the New Testament and so it was available to everyone who sought the Truth, the Gnosis.  Thus, the “Church” sponsored, preached and disseminated the Truth within the canonical texts – the Gnosis, although they didn’t understand what had happened.  The Holy Virtue of Shekinah, which Jesus bestowed upon others (KJV) was the Gnosis, the Gifts of the Spirit (Shekinah), The Grace of God, the Sanctification, and the Peace beyond All Understanding.  

We should always give thanks to the Catholic churches and the Protestant Churches for including, preserving and disseminating the writings of Paul, one of the best known Gnostics.  Although the Church has often punished and tried to destroy Gnostics, they have unwittingly sponsored Gnosticism around the world for over 1600 years.

Blessed Shekinah

Where is CHRIST in all this?  Who is the ONE who opens the mind to all this?  Who is the ONE who came to show/teach/reveal THE FATHER and had all authority to do so because HE came forth from GOD and is the GLORY OF GOD? 

The HIDDEN WISDOM OF GOD made known to mortal man is CHRIST and the MESSAGE OF THE CROSS.

Paul was not proud...he received revelation upon revelation from THE LORD, and he said as much...Paul counted everything as dung but that he had known the LORD, and he made it clear in many of his writings that all were to look to HIM, that he was only one who had laid a foundation, but that the foundation is CHRIST and no man can lay any other foundation BUT CHRIST...Paul desired to know nothing but CHRIST and HIM CRUCIFIED.

And GOD in HIS most awesome wisdom, used the one who tore down/persecuted the BODY, so profoundly to build up/edify  the BODY...

He included himself as the last in the procession, beaten and bruised.  Paul worked diligently for the building up of CHRIST'S BODY and he prayed for the baby church always asking that  GOD might give them the spirit of understanding to better know the great gift of salvation which is in CHRIST.

Where is CHRIST to a gnostic?  

For the testimony of JESUS CHRIST is the SPIRIT OF PROPHECY...all prophecy, every word of scripture spoken in a hidden and vieled sense spoke of and pointed to CHRIST.

To the testimony and the law...if they do not speak according to THE WORD, their is no light in them...

All the prophets spoke of him...they did not fully understand what they "prophecied", they did not know that what they spoke was in service to us...they did not understand that by the GRACE which would come to us in the latter generation, they also would be made perfect with us in CHRIST JESUS...

They understand now...they longed to see HIS day, not fully understanding what they spoke of when the spirit of CHRIST in them pointed to the sufferings of CHRIST for the outpouring of GRACE of GOD'S GLORY upon those who would look to HIM and believe but they do now.

They longed to see HIS day...they saw it..and they were glad for it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook