Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Why is it that Southern Baptist Convention gives more money to Jews for Jesus then other Christian
5 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2009 - 5:45PM #1
Iwillalwaysbeajewnothingelse4ever

I don't like how the Southern Baptists give more money to Jews for Jesus then any other Christian group. Don't get me wrong I have friends who are Christian but these Southern Baptist as well as they mean are dead wrong on trying to be Pro-Israel yet at the same time trying to convert Jews to Christianity.!! Why can't these people just leave us alone?? well they wouldn't be Southern Baptists then.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 6:41AM #2
river8101

They believe when all the Jews go back to the Promised Land, that is, Israel of course, then Jesus will come back and save them all.  It's really ridiculous, but that's why they support J4J and why they give money to Israel.  It's not for the Jews per se.  They don't care what happens to the Jews.  As a matter of fact, their belief is, if the Jews don't accept Jesus, they will all die in the end. All non believers in their religion will die.  The Promised Land, they believe, is ultimately for them. They don't want the Muslims to get it, because they would defeat the promise.  The End Times can only come when the Jews all go back to Israel.    Read Revelations in the NT.  Read what they believe about the End Times.  (sounds like Harry Potter and Voldemort)   Pretty gruesome but they, the SB, and other Christians, think they will all be saved and all who don't believe in Jesus will die.  It's crazy, I know, but that's why they support Israel.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 10:15AM #3
Bunsinspace

BS"D

To me there are two very different types of Southern Baptist missionary.  The first seeks as their primary purpose in life to evangelize Jews.  They are the most despicable human beings on the face of the Earth with neither compassion nor understanding.  The other seeks as their primary purpose to serve their Lord and to make the word a better place and their evangelism of Jews is merely a natural outgrowth of their own personal character development - they want for others what they themselves have attained.

The former is a fraud and a sham.  The former do not have a life of their own.  They live only as genital organs of their faith and have neither conscience nor character.  The latter is a real human being.  In any Southern Baptist evangelistic campaign there will be a mix of these two polar opposites.  And among them those who begin as evil but gradually evolve towards good.  In that regard, their nefarious activities harassing Jews is akin to the activities of mankind in general. 

It is only because of the evil and the heartless among them that I fight against them all. 

In MJ you can tell the difference as they, too, have adherents on both sides of the good and evil divide.  When you meet an evil MJ they will become extremely obnoxious and violent when you reject their brainless prattle.  They will have nothing to defend their position except empty rhetoric and fantastical speculative assumptions.  When you meet a wise and good MJ they will take your discussions to heart and there will be as much learning from you as from them.  It will begin as a sort of confrontation about Jesus and end as a deeper understanding and adherence to one's own faith (on both sides).

Southern Baptists are also no different.  There are evil and there are good. Sadly, they both confront Jews together in these campaigns so it is rare that one will ever see a good SB in such a campaign IMHO as they will all be caught up in the campaign.  Evangelism to Jesus necessarily must eliminate or supersede the teachings attributed to Jesus in order to twist the recorded words attributed to Jesus to the nefarious end of proselytization.

A soul is more than something clothed in a body - it is intermingled with all of Creation around it, through it, and carries with it personal and corporate experience. A soul cannot respond to mindless evangelism with anything other than repugnance.  A soul wants to engage and communicate, not be evangelised or otherwise talked down to.

Why Jews do not evangelise? Many reasons.  One I'd like to point out is that a Jew is a human being and understands that the divine spark permeates and sustains every human being - so when one human being approaches another on anything other than an equal footing, the soul is automatically at war.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 3:44PM #4
rocketjsquirell

Evangelism is evil.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2009 - 11:28AM #5
Bunsinspace

Jul 21, 2009 -- 3:44PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Evangelism is evil.

BS"D

Yes, it is for Jews because unlike Christians and Moslems Jews are commanded by G-d NOT to heed the voice of an angel for a divine command or even for arbitration in the purely human realm.  In Judaism angels are messengers and NOT authorities (the odious exception being the abuse of some slack-thinking kabbalists - NOT all kabbalists - whose personal notion of Metatron effectively blurs the line between the messenger and the authority issuing the message equating the two.)

There is a LOT to this (no pun intended - well maybe by my subconscious mind).  A child can read Torah and say that mankind heeded angels.  But in the realm of the real adult world, we learn from Talmud that an angel's testimony is essentially meaningless and it is up to human beings to chart their own destiny or even arbitrate their own issues.  How much moreso one's own personal relationship to the divine which is their personal faith?

Yes, evangelism is EVIL for any Jew.  We do not heed angelic "testimony" for anything.  Torah was written by a human being and a human being is the only one eligible to be a Moshiach (my sincere  apologies to Jesus the godman and any angelic and/or extraterrestrial contenders - you are all ineligible to interfere with the affairs of mankind as any kind of influence or authority.)

We can however, experience the counsel of non-human agencies - but NEVER to the point of the abrogation of our own will and our own tradition since Sinai.

I guess that makes Judaism in a class by itself (with respect to all deistic faiths) for it was created after a personal vision of Moses related as tradtiion from generation to generation and NOT by the alleged "infallible" testimony of any angel (with exception to the few muddled thinkers who align themselves with the kabbalists whether or not they actually are.)

Practically speaking, that means that Jews will always have a problem giving a machine or a robot a license to kill whereas there is nothing in either Christianity or Islam to prevent it.  (A subject metaphorically illustrated in the Foundation Trilogy of late Isaac Aasimov - popularized in a movie starring Will Smith.)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2009 - 8:46AM #6
LeahOne

"Practically speaking, that means that Jews will always have a problem giving a machine or a robot a license to kill whereas there is nothing in either Christianity or Islam to prevent it. (A subject metaphorically illustrated in the Foundation Trilogy of late Isaac Aasimov - popularized in a movie starring Will Smith.)"

Indeed, I think the only reason Jews would do so, is to protect ourselves from genocide.  And the 'license' would be the word 'Emet', 'Truth'....or so it went in the story : ))  The other story....

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2009 - 4:53PM #7
rocketjsquirell

Speaking of evangilism, this is my favorite part of the Beliefnet ROC:

"Proselytizing: You agree not to make aggressive, repeated, or unwanted attempts to convert another member's religious beliefs."

It is a shame it is so often violated. Especially on this forum.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2009 - 10:02AM #8
Bunsinspace

Jul 23, 2009 -- 8:46AM, LeahOne wrote:

Indeed, I think the only reason Jews would do so, is to protect ourselves from genocide.  And the 'license' would be the word 'Emet', 'Truth'....or so it went in the story : ))  The other story....

BS"D

Here we golem again.  Heheh.

You know it is timely that you brought up that story.  The notion that a human being must be killed for the concept of "truth" is precisely the accusation our sages raised against the zealot murderers in Temple times.  It is ironic that in another period of terrible persecution this very compelling fairy-tale was created to raise that spectre of fanaticism as a defense against genocide.  Not only so, but the Maharal was ahead of his time in being linked to the notion of a "robotic" autonomous intelligence.

My Jewish father zt"l introduced all of his computer courses with a brief mention of the Golem legend as an ancient precursor to AI.  I have no doubts that this ultimate concern of the limits of human responsibility in the legend were adopted by Isaac Aasimov and later writers in their stories on the subject.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2009 - 10:04AM #9
Bunsinspace

Jul 23, 2009 -- 4:53PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Speaking of evangilism, this is my favorite part of the Beliefnet ROC:

"Proselytizing: You agree not to make aggressive, repeated, or unwanted attempts to convert another member's religious beliefs."

It is a shame it is so often violated. Especially on this forum.

BS"D

Yes, sometimes the line between communication and harassment is a very thin one.  But where it is clear just say the word and the offending post will be deleted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2009 - 7:15AM #10
river8101

I read some posts over at the Xtian forum this morning, and I've come to believe that there are some posters over there who are totally and mentally nuts.  Seriously, some of those posters have the scariest and most obscene beliefs I have ever read since I read about Voldemort. 

This idea of My beliefs are right, and yours are wrong is why Joan of Arc was burned at the stake as well as so many others,  and the reason blind Christians have been murdering non Christians for centuries.  They are truly crazy, or very scared.  It must be some kind of weird mental illness that obviously can't be cured. 

I'm so glad I'm not one of them.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook