Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Seventh-day Adventists Disapprove of Jesus
5 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 9:30AM #11
Shubee

Jul 21, 2009 -- 2:59AM, andrewcyrus wrote:

I thought it was the RCC that placed man above God and disapproved of JESUS AUTHORITY.

You are obviously unaware of the testimony of Jesus. The papist spirit is alive and well in the Seventh-day Adventist Church. For example, sincerly approves of the papist methods of the leaders of the Texas Conference and Richardson SDA Church and their sidestepping of Christ's explicit instructions.

Jul 19, 2009 -- 12:11PM, sincerly wrote:

Jesus was the one who said to look for those who pose as sheep and in reality are wolves.  It is no secret belief that all are to be aware and expose such. If they can't be convinced of their erroneous views-----as your own "witness article" attests to-----and the continuous posts here on these forms verify, then they are to be excluded from the members by whatever means are available.

In other words, if church leaders are ashamed of the testimony of Jesus (Matthew 18:15-17) and dispute the wisdom of Paul (1 Timothy 5:20), then they are free to use Satan's methods?

Are Seventh-day Adventists using Satan's methods?
The Presumption of Popery
Should Seventh-day Adventist leaders exalt themselves as if they were Popes?
Holy Father, Rescind Your Agreement

That's from page 2 of the thread, Seventh-Day Adventism Is Just Like Judaism.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 10:17AM #12
andrewcyrus

Shubee wrote,

You are obviously unaware of the testimony of Jesus. The papist spirit is alive and well in the Seventh-day Adventist Church. For example, sincerly approves of the papist methods of the leaders of the Texas Conference and Richardson SDA Church and their sidestepping of Christ's explicit instructions.

Andy> I am aware that the Jesuit oath takers have infiltrated the website with huge amounts of anti-sda propaganda.

How do you Shubee as professed SDA account for your topic?

"Seventh Day Adventists disapprove of Jesus."

When we all know they don't?

Does this look familiar?

"My son, heretofore you have been taught to act the dissembler: among Roman Catholics to be a Roman Catholic, a seventh day adventist to the seventh day adventists, and to be a spy even among your own brethren; to believe no man, to trust no man. Among the Reformers, to be a reformer; among the Huguenots, to be a Huguenot; among the Calvinists, to be a Calvinist; among other Protestants, generally to be a Protestant, and obtaining their confidence, to seek even to preach from their pulpits, and to denounce with all the vehemence in your nature our Holy Religion and the Pope; and even to descend so low as to become a Jew among Jews, that you might be enabled to gather together all information for the benefit of your Order as a faithful soldier of the Pope."

What does disembler mean?

Definition of Disembler

Dis*sem"bler (?),

n.

One who dissembles; one who conceals his opinions or dispositions under a false appearance; a hypocrite.

It is the weakest sort of politicians that are the greatest dissemblers.

Bacon.

Priests, princes, women, no dissemblers here.

Pope.

Syn. -- Dissembler, Hypocrite. A person is called a dissembler with reference to his concealment of his real character, and a hypocrite with reference to his assumption of a false character. But hypocrite is the stronger word, being commonly used to characterize a person who is habitually insincere and false, especially one who makes professions of goodness when his aims are selfish and his life corrupt.

- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 11:52AM #13
Shubee

Jul 21, 2009 -- 10:17AM, andrewcyrus wrote:

I am aware that the Jesuit oath takers have infiltrated the website with huge amounts of anti-sda propaganda.

The testimony of Jesus is not anti-sda propaganda but thanks for revealing so explicitly that you are opposed to His Witness.

Jul 21, 2009 -- 10:17AM, andrewcyrus wrote:

How do you Shubee as professed SDA account for your topic?

"Seventh Day Adventists disapprove of Jesus."

When we all know they don't?

Please forgive my training as a professional mathematician. The language that I'm most familiar with purposely ignores obvious exceptions of measure zero. Yes, there are true Christ-followers in Adventism, as mentioned in the Spirit of prophecy compilation The Seven Faces of Seventh-day Adventism, but they have no discernable influence in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Does this look familiar?

"My son, heretofore you have been taught to act the dissembler: among Roman Catholics to be a Roman Catholic, and to spy even among your own brethren; to believe no man, to trust no man. Among the Reformers, to be a Reformer; among the Huguenots, to be a Huguenot; among the Calvinists, to be a Calvinist; among the Protestants, generally to be a Protestant; and obtaining their confidence to seek even to preach from their pulpits and to denounce with all the vehemence in your nature our Holy Religion and the Pope; and to descend so low as to become a Jew among the Jews, that you might be enabled to gather together all information for your Order as a faithful soldier of the Pope."

Dis*sem"bler (?), n. One who dissembles; one who conceals his opinions or dispositions under a false appearance; a hypocrite.

Yes. That's you and sincerly. I just finished saying that "sincerly approves of the papist methods of the leaders of the Texas Conference and Richardson SDA Church and their sidestepping of Christ's explicit instructions" but the evidence I cited for you is like water running off a duck's back.

How is your practice of not honestly facing the powerful light of the Spirit of prophecy, reality and proof, not dissembling?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2009 - 12:19AM #14
sincerly

Jul 21, 2009 -- 12:40AM, Shubee wrote:

Jul 21, 2009 -- 12:36AM, GRobit625 wrote:

Hi Shubee, if you don't mind me asking, what is your faith background?

I was raised SDA, baptized into the Adventist church at the age of 13 and never disfellowshiped.

From your own acknowledgement----Your evidence???   """I imagined that the senior pastor would reprove them in my presence for dragging their feet and not allowing me to be accepted into membership for the previous six months."

"Your "never disfellowshiped" is a lie. and it was your continuing in the same mode of undermining/falsely accusing those who opposed your diverting/discordant actions concerning the SDA Faith as currently which eventually lead to your arrest for trespassing and banning from Church Property.

You are not a Seventh day Adventist. Again, that "sheep's clothing" image.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2009 - 3:18PM #15
Utilyan

Look im a catholic and I suppose that makes me a papist.    

If sincerly ever tried to be a catholic i'd slappem upside his head.

God isn't worried bout which faith but THE FAITH.    When I say THE FAITH im not talking about religion but the sincere trust between one and God.

Hey I got a couple questions maybe you saintly folks could answer.

What does he mean resist not evil?

41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain

Does this mean if I ask you folks to post one thing nice about each other you will post two?

42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

I asketh of you folks that you post a nice thing about each other......so maybe I can find comfort that you folks are doing this for God.

=====

Matthew 5

38Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2009 - 11:22PM #16
sincerly

Jul 23, 2009 -- 3:18PM, Utilyan wrote:

Look im a catholic and I suppose that makes me a papist.    

If sincerly ever tried to be a catholic i'd slappem upside his head.

God isn't worried bout which faith but THE FAITH.    When I say THE FAITH im not talking about religion but the sincere trust between one and God.

Utilyan, I'm (c)atholic as well, But not Catholic. And in the catholic church of GOD there are no "papists".

God isn't worried ----period. It is disobedient persons to HIS WILL who need to worry to the point of Repentance or Resign themselves to their promised reward.  

Utilyan Wrote: Hey I got a couple questions maybe you saintly folks could answer.

(1)What does he mean resist not evil?

(2)And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.            Does this mean if I ask you folks to post one thing nice about each other you will post two?

(3)Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Utilyan, To those sayings which imply force from and enemy, one is to be compliant(but not to disobey GOD)  Notice Rom. 12:19-21, " Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.  Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

The principle in three is seen in the exodus, they went away after "borrowing" from the Egyptians.even those Brethren who "sold themselves as slaves" for six years were not to go out empty. "Charity" is an attribute of GOD(LOVE/GRACE).

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2009 - 4:22PM #17
RayGarton

Here is an interesting Spirit of prophecy statement that tells me that Jesus isn't appreciated, welcome or even liked in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Of course he isn't -- he disagrees with the Word of Ellen.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
-- Steve Weinberg
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2009 - 11:10PM #18
sincerly

Jul 28, 2009 -- 4:22PM, RayGarton wrote:

Here is an interesting Spirit of prophecy statement that tells me that Jesus isn't appreciated, welcome or even liked in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Of course he isn't -- he disagrees with the Word of Ellen.

Says Ray, but wrong as usual in your conclusions.

Sons and Daughters of God (1955), page 196, paragraph 2

Chapter Title: We Face the Future With Courage

We are now in a time when we are to stand steadfast for the truth. We are to cherish love for souls, but never, never are we to surrender the least vital point of truth, for it is by maintaining truth, pure, unadulterated truth, that we can at this time bring honor and glory to Jesus Christ our Prince. The Word is the bread of life, and in the Word Christ's disciples are represented as eating and drinking the flesh and the blood of Christ,--making His Word a part of their lives. No lie is of the truth. Truth will stand the test in the time of false theories, if we hold fast the beginning of our confidence firm unto the end. . . .

Let us exercise faith in God, and keep close to the side of Christ in following His Word. The Lord will teach His people if they will be taught. We can stand where we can hear the instruction of Christ. We have a living God and a living Christ. Whole legions of devils are watching their opportunities to get hold of human minds, but if we keep close to the Word, we shall not be overcome. "Wherefore," said Paul to Timothy, "I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of hands. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

We need to have a living faith in Jesus Christ. We need to exercise faith, that when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Lord will lift up a standard for us against him. A heart true to God is often in prayer. Do not let one wave of discouragement come over you. We must give our thoughts to the contemplation of the character and the works of God, teaching Christ's words. Be of good courage. Let your courage and your constant reliance upon Jesus Christ inspire in others belief and increased faith and hope.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2009 - 3:41AM #19
RayGarton

No, not "says Ray" -- says the bible.  You know -- that book you claim to believe in?  But only, it seems, by way of Ellen White.  One example of many.  On page 739 of Desire of Ages, Ellen describes the Jewish witnesses of Christ's crucifixion this way:

"Looking upon the smitten Lamb of God, the Jews had cried, 'His blood be on us, and on our children.' That awful cry ascended to the throne of God. That sentence, pronounced upon themselves, was written in heaven. That prayer was heard. The blood of the Son of God was upon their children and their children's children, a perpetual curse."

Nowhere is this claim made in the scriptural account of Christ's death.  According to that account, Christ's blood was not a curse on the heads of those Jews and their descendants.  In fact, Jesus himself said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."  Christ's words conflict with what Ellen White wrote above.  The scripture wasn't good enough for Ellen White -- she wasn't happy with what was there.  So she added her own embellishments -- which contradict the words of Jesus Christ.

But I'm sure you'll go with Ellen's words, Sincerly.  She's your girl, and you're stickin' with her.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
-- Steve Weinberg
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2009 - 1:53PM #20
sincerly

Jul 29, 2009 -- 3:41AM, RayGarton wrote:

No, not "says Ray" -- says the bible.  You know -- that book you claim to believe in?  But only, it seems, by way of Ellen White.  One example of many.  On page 739 of Desire of Ages, Ellen describes the Jewish witnesses of Christ's crucifixion this way:

"Looking upon the smitten Lamb of God, the Jews had cried, 'His blood be on us, and on our children.' That awful cry ascended to the throne of God. That sentence, pronounced upon themselves, was written in heaven. That prayer was heard. The blood of the Son of God was upon their children and their children's children, a perpetual curse."

Nowhere is this claim made in the scriptural account of Christ's death.  According to that account, Christ's blood was not a curse on the heads of those Jews and their descendants.  In fact, Jesus himself said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."  Christ's words conflict with what Ellen White wrote above.  The scripture wasn't good enough for Ellen White -- she wasn't happy with what was there.  So she added her own embellishments -- which contradict the words of Jesus Christ.

But I'm sure you'll go with Ellen's words, Sincerly.  She's your girl, and you're stickin' with her.

Ray, you are doing a little shifting there. Eugene was claiming EGW said,  """Jesus isn't appreciated, welcome or even liked in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.""" to which you agreed.  I presented excerpts showing you both wrong.

Now you "switch" to a different event and claim you were not wrong. However, here is the scriptural verse which declares you still wrong.

Matt. 27:25, "Then answered all the people, and said, His blood [be] on us, and on our children."

Now add Peter's speech and the reaction. Acts2:37-38, "Now when they heard [this], they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men [and] brethren, what shall we do?  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

What was the reaction of the unrepentant  and continued rebellious? Acts 5:28, "Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us." 

That council were the one's who demanded the crucifixion and said, "His blood be upon us and our children".  And the record continues with them giving permission to round up all "followers of the way". so they could be stoned as Stephen was.

Jesus pronounced this sentence upon the Nation of Israel just prior to Crucifixion:

Matt. 23:37-38, "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. "     Ray, the worldly nations have given "Israel" National status, but GOD's Israel is made up of Believers from all Nations.  Jesus came unto HIS own and was rejected. HIS BLOOD is still upon them.(and all who reject HIM)

Yes, Jesus did say, "Forgive them, they know not what they do".  As above, Peter Revealed the means by which "ALL---WE SINNERS CAN HAVE RECONCILIATION------REPENT and be baptized(crucify self be buried with HIM and arise in Faith and submission to HIS WILL----The "BORN AGAIN".)

(AND I AM STICKING WITH THE SCRIPTURES; THE AUTHORITY IN ALL CASES.)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook