Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Seventh-day Adventists Disapprove of Jesus
9 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2009 - 1:31PM #1
Shubee

Here is an interesting Spirit of prophecy statement that tells me that Jesus isn't appreciated, welcome or even liked in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Ellen G. White wrote:

How did men treat Christ when He came? . . . "He came unto his own, and his own received him not" (John 1:11). Thus it is today. This history is being repeated, and will be repeated again and again before the Lord shall come in the clouds of heaven. —TMK 54.

Note how perfectly Sister White's statement agrees with Christ's standard for passing the Investigative Judgment, which is solely a test on how we treat His unappreciated representatives.

Matthew 25:31-46
“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
“Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’
“Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’
“Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

How is Christ Treated in the Seventh-day Adventist Church?

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2009 - 5:59PM #2
Utilyan

I think you should go to the absolute worst church you can find ,Shubee.........

Then God could brag and say "WOW this guy realley does trust me."

Poor God.......    he ain't got many faithful Jobs   (Paradox- the name "job" and as in work.....works =)

Cause I pick on God everyday that you always looking for the best faith/church.  

I told God he needs to send you like......5 Jesuses......    But God is like "now hold on!!!"

So you know if the devil is talking to you.........your either in big doo doo or doing something right.

You know one thing I can do that God cant?

Gamble!  =)

Unless God just let me win those hands.........I dunno God is pretty sneaky.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2009 - 6:58PM #3
sincerly

Jul 20, 2009 -- 1:31PM, Shubee wrote:

Here is an interesting Spirit of prophecy statement that tells me that Jesus isn't appreciated, welcome or even liked in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Ellen G. White wrote:

How did men treat Christ when He came? . . . "He came unto his own, and his own received him not" (John 1:11). Thus it is today. This history is being repeated, and will be repeated again and again before the Lord shall come in the clouds of heaven. —TMK 54.

Note how perfectly Sister White's statement agrees with Christ's standard for passing the Investigative Judgment, which is solely a test on how we treat His unappreciated representatives.

Eugene, another example of your mis-using(erroneous interpretation and application) excerpts from EGW.

Here is the context:

That I May Know Him (1964), page 54, paragraph 1

Chapter Title: The Sons of God

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. John 1:12.

How did men treat Christ when He came? . . . "He came unto his own, and his own received him not" (John 1:11). Thus it is today. This history is being repeated, and will be repeated again and again before the Lord shall come in the clouds of heaven. The deceptions of Satan will be upon those who dwell on the earth....

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God." . . . After fitting up this world as the dwelling place of man, God looked upon it, and rejoiced in it, pronouncing it very good. So He will accept of and rejoice in the reformation wrought out by those who, receiving Christ as their Saviour, have obtained power to become the sons of God. . . .

The first chapter of Colossians shows us the heights to which it is our privilege to attain. We may be "filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding," walking "worthy of the Lord," "being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins" (Colossians 1:9-14).

Is there not woe enough in this sin-stricken, sin-cursed earth to lead us to consecrate ourselves to the work of proclaiming the message that "God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16)? This earth has been trodden by the Son of God. He came to bring men light and life, to set them free from the bondage of sin. He is coming again in power and great glory to receive to Himself those who during this life have followed in His footsteps.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Eugene,  your:"""""Here is an interesting Spirit of prophecy statement that tells me that Jesus isn't appreciated, welcome or even liked in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.""""" is a LIE.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2009 - 7:37PM #4
Shubee

Jul 20, 2009 -- 6:58PM, sincerly wrote:

Here is the context:

He is coming again in power and great glory to receive to Himself those who during this life have followed in His footsteps.

I agree. That's the test for salvation. I believe that justifies my commentary, How is Christ Treated in the Seventh-day Adventist Church?

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2009 - 8:55PM #5
andrewcyrus

Seventh Day Adventists are the only ones who recognize Jesus as LORD OF THE SABBATH, and give him the status of creator.

With that being said, Shubee your title is offensive/spam and shows the extent of libel in your aberrational thought process. I disapprove of the false witness that IS exhibited in your posts.  

For those interested in going to the source of SDA beliefs here is #4

1. Holy Scriptures:
The Holy Scriptures, Old and New Testaments, are the written Word of God, given by divine inspiration through holy men of God who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. In this Word, God has committed to man the knowledge necessary for salvation. The Holy Scriptures are the infallible revelation of His will. They are the standard of character, the test of experience, the authoritative revealer of doctrines, and the trustworthy record of God's acts in history. (2 Peter 1:20, 21; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17; Ps. 119:105; Prov. 30:5, 6; Isa. 8:20; John 17:17; 1 Thess. 2:13; Heb. 4:12.)

4. Son:
God the eternal Son became incarnate in Jesus Christ. Through Him all things were created, the character of God is revealed, the salvation of humanity is accomplished, and the world is judged. Forever truly God, He became also truly man, Jesus the Christ. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived and experienced temptation as a human being, but perfectly exemplified the righteousness and love of God. By His miracles He manifested God's power and was attested as God's promised Messiah. He suffered and died voluntarily on the cross for our sins and in our place, was raised from the dead, and ascended to minister in the heavenly sanctuary in our behalf. He will come again in glory for the final deliverance of His people and the restoration of all things. (John 1:1-3, 14; Col. 1:15-19; John 10:30; 14:9; Rom. 6:23; 2 Cor. 5:17-19; John 5:22; Luke 1:35; Phil. 2:5-11; Heb. 2:9-18; 1 Cor. 15:3, 4; Heb. 8:1, 2; John 14:1-3.)

Sorry shubee Jesus is in charge of the judgment not you.

www.adventist.org/beliefs/fundamental/in...

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2009 - 11:58PM #6
sincerly

Jul 20, 2009 -- 7:37PM, Shubee wrote:

Jul 20, 2009 -- 6:58PM, sincerly wrote:

Here is the context:

He is coming again in power and great glory to receive to Himself those who during this life have followed in His footsteps.

I agree. That's the test for salvation. I believe that justifies my commentary......   

Eugene,  That which your topic was about was this accusation: """""Here is an interesting Spirit of prophecy statement that tells me that Jesus isn't appreciated, welcome or even liked in the Seventh-day Adventist Church."""""". That is your LIE.

The ones in the context who are spoken of are  seen in that omitted sentence by you,"""The deceptions of Satan will be upon those who dwell on the earth...""". NOT the SDA CHURCH WHICH BELIEVE JESUS AND ACKNOWLEDGE HIM AS GOD THE SON AND REDEEMER OF MANKIND..

YOUR POST HAVE LEFT YOU NO "WIGGLE ROOM".  They reveal your false beliefs and erroneous accusations.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 12:31AM #7
Shubee

Does anyone else see the amazing consistency of my words?

Jul 20, 2009 -- 1:31PM, Shubee wrote:

Ellen G. White wrote:

Here is the context:

I agree. That's the test for salvation. I believe that justifies my commentary, How is Christ Treated in the Seventh-day Adventist Church?

Here's the clincher.  Sister White claimed that God "again and again" made the comparison to her that "the trials of the children of Israel, and their attitude just before the first coming of Christ … illustrate the position of the people of God in their experience before the Second Coming of Christ." That fact supports TMK 54 and justifies my commentary, How is Christ Treated in the Seventh-day Adventist Church?

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 12:36AM #8
GRobit625

Hi Shubee, if you don't mind me asking, what is your faith background?

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 12:40AM #9
Shubee

Jul 21, 2009 -- 12:36AM, GRobit625 wrote:

Hi Shubee, if you don't mind me asking, what is your faith background?

I was raised SDA, baptized into the Adventist church at the age of 13 and never disfellowshiped.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 2:59AM #10
andrewcyrus

Dear Shubee,

I thought it was the RCC that placed man above God and disapproved of JESUS AUTHORITY. I thought they even believed they could call Jesus down from heaven and eat his body in wafers and drink his real blood in the wine?

Kinda weird and vampiristic really.. Now what would JESUS think of this?

Boy you are on to something..

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook