Page 14 of 17  •  Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The 70 Week/Years Prophecy of Daniel 9:24-27
5 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2009 - 9:06PM #131
LeahOne

Thank you, Sincerely, for a civil and honest reply.  I don't see any necessity for berating one another for not agreeing.  While I can't pretend to understand how you and I could both be correct in our respective paradigms, that's not my problem.  My faith directs me to respect your free will and not to denigrate your decisions:  I am required to see you as every bit the beloved child of GOD which I strive to be.  So I'm not going to yell at you that you're 'deluded', or 'deceived' or 'an unbeliever' because you follow another path.  GOD's told my people that "The righteous of ALL nations shall have a place in the World to Come".  He didn't tell us that they all had to be Jews.

I don't have much time right now, but I'll just mention that the Gen3:15 doesn't imply anything about a 'fallen angel' to us Jews.  Not in 3500 years of continually examining our Scriptures does it suggest anything like that.  In Jewish understanding, the serpent was just a serpent - and 'hasatan' is an angel doing exactly as YHVH has directed.  "Accuser of the brethren" is the ONLY Xian title which begins to approach its true function - something like a DA or a prosecuting attorney.

Genesis is not a book of prophesy  in Judaism:  it's a 'mythic prehistory', would be the closest I can get to it.  There are quite specific requirements for 'prophesy' in Judaism, and obviously Gen 3:15 does not qualify. 

It's getting late for me here:  I'll have to pick this up tomorrow afternoon if I can.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2009 - 12:56PM #132
andrewcyrus

Leah wrote

"I don't have much time right now, but I'll just mention that the Gen3:15 doesn't imply anything about a 'fallen angel' to us Jews."

ANDY>

Whats the topic?

Is it like crawling into a tent with Laban and putting on blindfolds.

Oh but the blind fold was on when I heard this;

"My faith directs me to respect your free will and not to denigrate your decisions:"

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2009 - 1:58PM #133
sincerly

Leah, we are off topic------and moving farther away.  I'd like to Understand the reasons why the GOD of Sinai and the ONE of Genesis 1:1 aren't the same REAL GOD???? When you say "mythical".

The way these forums are set up , we need another topic thread------The question is who is doing the defending??? It should be on that forum.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2009 - 4:51AM #134
Ben Masada

Aug 30, 2009 -- 2:37PM, LeahOne wrote:

Aug 30, 2009 -- 3:47AM, Ben Masada wrote:

Aug 29, 2009 -- 7:41PM, sincerly wrote:

Aug 29, 2009 -- 12:23AM, Ben Masada wrote:

Listen, Ben, that TRUE God of the Chronicles and KINGS, was also, the TRUE GOD of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. That TRUE GOD also, is the GOD of the Remnant who remained Loyal to GOD and Didn't reject the Messiah 2000 years ago. That True God Also acknowledged Daniel as a True Prophet and spoke of him as "greatly Beloved".

To claim that we rejected the Messiah, you have first to prove that he was the Messiah and you can't. The Messiah is Isarael according to Isaiah the Prophet.

I'll just confirm that what Ben has posted is indeed the 'unanimous' traditional understanding of the Jewish People through history.  And it makes a whole lot more sense to me than the Christian claims.

But that's why Judaism and Christianity are two different religions. : ))  Since I don't live in a 'zero-sum' universe, I can't assume that 'Judaism is always right compared to Christianity' - it's 'Judaism is always right FOR JEWS'  Since Sincerely & company aren't Jews, there's no problem if they beleive something else. GOD doesn't hold everyone to Israel's standard, only Israel.

Thanks Lea for the strength your voice has added to mine. I must add to your knowledge that my purpose is not to make a Jew out of any one here but to defend Judaism for the distorted image they paint of it whenever they claim that's possible for a Jew to be born of God with a woman, as if he were a Greek demigod.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2009 - 4:54AM #135
Ben Masada

Aug 30, 2009 -- 2:40PM, andrewcyrus wrote:

Aug 30, 2009 -- 2:37PM, LeahOne wrote:

Aug 30, 2009 -- 3:47AM, Ben Masada wrote:

Aug 29, 2009 -- 7:41PM, sincerly wrote:

Aug 29, 2009 -- 12:23AM, Ben Masada wrote:

Listen, Ben, that TRUE God of the Chronicles and KINGS, was also, the TRUE GOD of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. That TRUE GOD also, is the GOD of the Remnant who remained Loyal to GOD and Didn't reject the Messiah 2000 years ago. That True God Also acknowledged Daniel as a True Prophet and spoke of him as "greatly Beloved".

To claim that we rejected the Messiah, you have first to prove that he was the Messiah and you can't. The Messiah is Isarael according to Isaiah the Prophet.

I'll just confirm that what Ben has posted is indeed the 'unanimous' traditional understanding of the Jewish People through history.  And it makes a whole lot more sense to me than the Christian claims.

But that's why Judaism and Christianity are two different religions. : ))  Since I don't live in a 'zero-sum' universe, I can't assume that 'Judaism is always right compared to Christianity' - it's 'Judaism is always right FOR JEWS'  Since Sincerely & company aren't Jews, there's no problem if they beleive something else. GOD doesn't hold everyone to Israel's standard, only Israel.

Ben has posted his own cognitive distortion unsupported by honest judaism.

What do you know of Judaism?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2009 - 3:07PM #136
sincerly

Ben wroteWhat do you know of Judaism?<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ben,  I know what the "Thus saith the Lord God" said. Judaism was not to have but one Manner of Law for ALL peoples.--------NOT ONE FOR THE JEW; AND A DIFFERENT ONE FOR OTHERS.

ALL peoples are Equal in the sight of GOD. and ALL who are GOD's are OBEDIENT/Submissive to GOD in LOVE AND IN LOVE TO EACH OTHER. All are Repentant of all disobedience. 

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2009 - 6:13PM #137
LeahOne

Sep 1, 2009 -- 1:58PM, sincerly wrote:

Leah, we are off topic------and moving farther away.  I'd like to Understand the reasons why the GOD of Sinai and the ONE of Genesis 1:1 aren't the same REAL GOD???? When you say "mythical".

The way these forums are set up , we need another topic thread------The question is who is doing the defending??? It should be on that forum.

WOW.  Please try to refrain from putting words in my mouth, Sincerly. It doesn't bode well for any ability to communicate.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2009 - 6:22PM #138
LeahOne

?????? "Defending"?????

I have no idea why anyone thinks that word applies to this conversation.  Judaism and ANY form of Christianity are two distinct religons with different Scriptures and different world views. 

I can tell you what I believe and why, as a Jew - but if you think that has any 'message' for you or any other Christian EXCEPT "this is what Leah's Judaism is about", you'd be mistaken.

When I read people's posts here - and elsewhere - I can tell they have no understanding of what most Jews believe and prctice.  And ALL I am trying to do, as I keep telling you, is explain your mistakes about my religion. 

If you don't know anything else about us, you should at least know that Jews do NOT believe in proselytizing.  As intelligent adults, I'd think you already know that to understand what another believes is not at all the same as believing it oneself.

I don't feel any need to 'defend' anything:  others' ignorance is hardly an attack. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2009 - 12:16AM #139
sincerly

Sep 2, 2009 -- 6:13PM, LeahOne wrote:

Sep 1, 2009 -- 1:58PM, sincerly wrote:

WOW.  Please try to refrain from putting words in my mouth, Sincerly. It doesn't bode well for any ability to communicate.

Leah, Didn't you write??:"""Genesis is not a book of prophesy  in Judaism:  it's a 'mythic prehistory',"""" I wasn't putting words in your mouth----they were expressed on the page.

The Topic thread is "The 70 week/year prophecy  of Dan.9:24-27".    This is the SDA DEBATE Forum.  Since We defend the Beliefs of the SDA Faith FROM CONTRARY BELIEFS, then if you want to pose/express your "beliefs" in a opposing manner they should be expressed here. However, If you just want to express your Jewish Beliefs the discussion should be on the Judaism forum. -------Per ROC.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2009 - 12:34AM #140
LeahOne

Sincerly, Iwould have begun by asking me what I meant by 'a mythic prehistory'? 

I most assuredly did NOT mean that I think my GOD is a myth or 'not real'.  You really need to beleive me when I tell you that no Jew has ever read the Hebrew Bible with any thing approaching the degree of 'literality' which your sect of Christianity does. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 17  •  Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook