Post Reply
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Prophet Like Moses
5 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2009 - 11:37PM #1
Ben Masada
Posts: 2,808

The Prophet Like Moses




The Prophet Like Moses

So, you have found the prophet like Moses? It's all a matter of adopting an opinion that suits best. Natan of Gaza proclaimed Sabbatai Tzevi as the Messiah, and thousands adopted his opinion. Rabbi Akivah proclaimed BarKorva the Messiah and even the death of a martyr wouldn't make him retract. And many today still adopt the late Reb Menachem Schneerson as Messiah.

The bottom line is that we have all the right in the world to choose the opinion we please, as long as we feel comfortable spiritually. I hate to rain on your parade, but all have tried to fit their Messiah according to the Scriptures and have failed. Do you know why? Because the common basis of them all is assumption including yours.

Then, you claim that Moses is talking about the Messiah in Deuteronomy 18:18,19. Even if Moses was talking about the Messiah, the Messiah wouldn't be like Moses because Moses was not the Messiah neither the son of Elohim.

Perhaps he would be according to the Messianic character of Moses? The main characteristic of Messianic expression is the return of Israel from the four corners of the earth, and Yeshua failed. You see, Moses did bring Israel from the Diaspora back home. With Yeshua Israel was at home and got expelled to the four corners of the earth. Ironic, isn't it? (Isa. 11:12)

How about being a deliverer? The records are down for all to see that Moses did deliver a nation from another. Yeshua couldn't even deliver himself from the hands of the Romans. Not for lack of trying though, since he did run away to his hiding place in the Gethsemane when he sensed arrest.

Okay, a Mediator then? Regarding a Mediator, Moses was indeed a good one at that between Yahweh and Israel. But between the rest of Mankind and Yahweh, that's Israel, not Yeshua. Here there is no place for individual mediation. For that reason Israel was made a Priestly nation.

Yes folks, there is indeed a big difference between Yeshua and Moses. At the time of Moses, the People was led to the Promised Land. At the time of Yeshua, the People was expelled from the Promised Land.

Just one more thing about the Prophet like Moses. If he had been Yeshua, Christians would be in big trouble because they follow Paul and not Yeshua. Yeshua confirmed the Law to the letter according to Matthew 5:17-19, and Paul rather preached against it, according to Acts 21:21.


Conclusion: That Prophet like Moses in the mind of Moses was Joshua, whose credibility Moses needed to enhance before the People, so that the transfer of power would be effected smoothly.

Ben

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 1:26PM #2
Bunsinspace
Posts: 5,917

Jun 22, 2009 -- 11:37PM, Ben Masada wrote:


...


Then, you claim that Moses is talking about the Messiah in Deuteronomy 18:18,19. Even if Moses was talking about the Messiah, the Messiah wouldn't be like Moses because Moses was not the Messiah neither the son of Elohim.




BS"D


That's insanity.  Not only WAS Moses THE Moshiach but it is FROM Moses and the record of him in Torah that we derive the entire concept of Moshiach for all Jews for all times.  Moses, THE MOSES, is NOT the Moshiach?  Absurd!!!  So the liiving are NOT the living?  The dead are NOT the dead?  Up is NOT up.  What kind of mishugos is this?


Moses was not the son of the divine?  More insanity!!!  When a Jew says "son of the divine" that is a definition of one who does mitzvos.  Of COURSE Moses did mitzvos.  He recorded them for ALL of us.  How could he NOT have done mitzvos.  And EVERY person on Earth who does good is by definition in Hebrew a "son of the divine."  Yes, even females.  Yes even HUMANS.  ONLY humans.  NOT god-men.  Those are pure fantasy.


Oy vey, such MISHUGOS!  I agree with your assessment.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2009 - 9:27AM #3
Ben Masada
Posts: 2,808

Jun 26, 2009 -- 1:26PM, Bunsinspace wrote:


Jun 22, 2009 -- 11:37PM, Ben Masada wrote:


...


Then, you claim that Moses is talking about the Messiah in Deuteronomy 18:18,19. Even if Moses was talking about the Messiah, the Messiah wouldn't be like Moses because Moses was not the Messiah neither the son of Elohim.




BS"D


That's insanity.  Not only WAS Moses THE Moshiach but it is FROM Moses and the record of him in Torah that we derive the entire concept of Moshiach for all Jews for all times.  Moses, THE MOSES, is NOT the Moshiach?  Absurd!!!  So the liiving are NOT the living?  The dead are NOT the dead?  Up is NOT up.  What kind of mishugos is this?


Moses was not the son of the divine?  More insanity!!!  When a Jew says "son of the divine" that is a definition of one who does mitzvos.  Of COURSE Moses did mitzvos.  He recorded them for ALL of us.  How could he NOT have done mitzvos.  And EVERY person on Earth who does good is by definition in Hebrew a "son of the divine."  Yes, even females.  Yes even HUMANS.  ONLY humans.  NOT god-men.  Those are pure fantasy.


Oy vey, such MISHUGOS!  I agree with your assessment.





Well, at least you agree with this meshuga. Yes, Moses was a Messianic leader, with the mission to guide the Messiah back home. Then, later, when the Messiah was exiled in Babylon, Cyrus was the Messianic leader to proclaim the return of the Messiah to the Land of Israel and financed the rebuilding of the Temple. And at our times, soon after World War I, Herzl was the Messianic leader to inspire the Messiah with love for Zion. And the purpose of all of them was to bring the Messiah back home. With Jesus, Israel was expelled to the four corners of the world. So much for the Messiah that Christians claim he was.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2009 - 12:04PM #4
rocketjsquirell
Posts: 15,983

Oy! How do you respond to ravings and utter nonsense?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2009 - 4:05PM #5
river8101
Posts: 5,548

Is there more to this thread?   The opening post is responding to a ghost?  Where is the beginning?

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2009 - 5:23PM #6
rocketjsquirell
Posts: 15,983

River


The beginning of the post is exactly where it is. If you have any idea what the original poster is talking about, please let me know.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2009 - 11:18PM #7
Ben Masada
Posts: 2,808

Jun 30, 2009 -- 12:04PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


Oy! How do you respond to ravings and utter nonsense?




 


With evidences that Jesus could have been at least a Messianic leader.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2009 - 11:19PM #8
Ben Masada
Posts: 2,808

Jul 1, 2009 -- 4:05PM, river8101 wrote:


Is there more to this thread?   The opening post is responding to a ghost?  Where is the beginning?




 


Why? Is the thread too hard to understand?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2009 - 11:23PM #9
Ben Masada
Posts: 2,808

Jul 1, 2009 -- 5:23PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


River


The beginning of the post is exactly where it is. If you have any idea what the original poster is talking about, please let me know.




 


About the Prophet-like-Moses referred to in Deuteronomy 18:15, whom we have no need to make any secret about, because he was right there with Moses. He was Joshua.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2009 - 9:55AM #10
rocketjsquirell
Posts: 15,983

Jul 1, 2009 -- 11:18PM, Ben Masada wrote:


Jun 30, 2009 -- 12:04PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


Oy! How do you respond to ravings and utter nonsense?




 


With evidences that Jesus could have been at least a Messianic leader.




But Jesus is a fictional creation of the Christian mind. Actually he is multiple fictional creations, one for each of the gospels. There is no way to rationally make the gospels jive with each other nor is there a way to make Jesus into a messianic figure.  Under all criteria Jesus fails the messiah test. It makes me wonder why the pagans bothered making up the story.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook