Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

9 years ago  ::  May 17, 2009 - 9:32AM #1
Dionysis10

I like Haiku poetry very much but don't know who all the great poets are. I only know Basho and Issa so far. If you are a fan can you share your favorite poet's and maybe some examples of their poems. And maybe some comments about them. I would much appreciate this thanks. Dio

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 17, 2009 - 9:40AM #2
Dionysis10

Please feel free to constructively critique my Haiku. I would like to improve my poems.

Sunlight on the snow.

Flash of red in a thicket.

The cardinal moved.

Dio

Or compare  mine  to Master Issa, like how I am an amateur and how he is so great?

[A faint yellow rose

Almost hidden in deep grass

And then it moves.

Issa]

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 20, 2009 - 6:06PM #3
Dionysis10

Just beyond the gate,

a neat yellow hole.

Someone pissed in the snow.

Issa

This one made me laugh. Coming from a Christian spiritual view, this one both shocked and made me laugh.

I can just imagine the Roman Pope walking out the gates of the Vatican and seeing a neat yellow hole in the snow. I hope he would appreciate it as much as Issa did.

There is something funny and awkward about the highest and the lowest common denominator meeting. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 20, 2009 - 8:21PM #4
RenGalskap
There is something funnyand awkward about the highest and the lowest common denominator meeting.

"funny and awkward";
It is Issa's ability to combine different perspectives into one perception, as you have done here, that makes Issa a great poet.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook