Switch to Forum Live View Any Satanists believe...
6 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2009 - 2:34AM #1
Solidgranit.com

Does anyone ascribe to an anti-cosmic brand of Satanism?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2009 - 10:58PM #2
Heimdallsman

Apr 22, 2009 -- 2:34AM, Solidgranit.com wrote:

Does anyone ascribe to an anti-cosmic brand of Satanism?

a quick explanation of anti-cosmic Satanism would be helpful here, if you please.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2009 - 11:15AM #3
Maugrim
Based on what little I know, tt seems people use "anti-cosmic Satanism" to refer to a kind of esoteric Gnostic dualism.

I like Gnosticism very much as a metaphor, but nothing more, since I don't believe in gods, entities, and such.

Google yields these sorts of results, if you're curious:

www.religiousforums.com/forum/comparativ...
www.angelfire.com/extreme/slayermagazine...
ex-christian.net/lofiversion/index.php/t...
fa.livejournal.com/475127.html

It seems to me like everyone and their mother has taken this and has run with it in at least eighty thousand different directions, and pumped it all full of lots of esoteric jargon, which is why I'm having trouble making heads or tails of it myself.

I don't see why more theistic types oriented in this direction just don't practice good old-fashioned Gnosticism. It's perfectly legitimate and interesting itself, and all too often overlooked and underrated as a religion!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 1:28PM #4
Heimdallsman

Apr 27, 2009 -- 11:15AM, Maugrim wrote:

Based on what little I know, tt seems people use "anti-cosmic Satanism" to refer to a kind of esoteric Gnostic dualism. I like Gnosticism very much as a metaphor, but nothing more, since I don't believe in gods, entities, and such. Google yields these sorts of results, if you're curious: www.religiousforums.com/forum/comparativ... www.angelfire.com/extreme/slayermagazine... ex-christian.net/lofiversion/index.php/t... fa.livejournal.com/475127.html It seems to me like everyone and their mother has taken this and has run with it in at least eighty thousand different directions, and pumped it all full of lots of esoteric jargon, which is why I'm having trouble making heads or tails of it myself. I don't see why more theistic types oriented in this direction just don't practice good old-fashioned Gnosticism. It's perfectly legitimate and interesting itself, and all too often overlooked and underrated as a religion!

Based on that info, I'd have to say no, I don't believe in Anti-Cosmic Satanism.  It does, however, seem interesting and I have to read up on it now.  Thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2009 - 8:25PM #5
Solidgranit.com

www.templeoftheblacklight.com is a good source for it. 

Basically chaos existed before created order and this cosmic accident (I guess) is in opposition to the natural state and that chaos is contually seeking to destroy our current existence and that we can attain salvation by uniting with this original darkness of sorts.  It utilizes gnostic, lurianic kabbalah, black/ceremonial magic and theistic satanism; basically Satan was the first messenger (light-bringer) of this great truth.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook