Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View what laws will be kept in heaven?
5 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2009 - 9:52PM #11
sincerly

Mar 29, 2009 -- 7:50PM, VG59 wrote:

I can not find in the Bible any indication that Adam and Eve kept the Sabbath.

Val, Gen.2:1-3 does give the account of the Seventh Day of the week being "blessed and sanctified by God".  John 1:1-3,14 identifies Jesus as the Creator of all things(which includes the Sabbath)---Correct?  In Mark 2:27-28, Jesus the Creator declares that the Sabbath "was made for man".  Gen.1:26-28; 2:21-25 gives some of the details of the creating of Adam  and Eve. the only human beings alive when the Sabbath was "made for man".

It is inconceivable to think that Jesus would fail to make that "pair" aware that this "special holy day" wasn't made for them to honor their Creator. That is the indication one receives from the Decalogue which Jesus told those Israelites to "Remember" "keep holy" and "God created".

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2009 - 10:12PM #12
sincerly

Val wrote: Which laws are being kept? Unchanged by mens traditions?<<<<<<<<<

Andy Responded: REV 11V19"And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail."

The ten commandments are the testament placed in the ark.

The great thing about SDA's is they aren't tossed about by the whims or doctrines of men.

Answer already given.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Jargon replied: can you explain ANY of what u just wrote...by explain i mean, can you give a reasonable explanation without resorting to biblical or e.g. white quotes, and without using bizarre sda prophecies...just standard english...fd<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That was standard English. It seems you want us to explain our "Fundamental Beliefs" by referring to the "Farmer's Almanac" or some such publication. Possibly that will explain your "beliefs".  We prefer that which the LORD GOD recommended----The Bible.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2009 - 10:15PM #13
RayGarton

Sincerly wrote:  It is inconceivable to think that Jesus would fail to make that "pair" aware that this "special holy day" wasn't made for them to honor their Creator.

It's only inconceivable to Seventh-day Adventists.  And Seventh-day Adventists with atrocious grammar, at that.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
-- Steve Weinberg
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2009 - 10:18PM #14
Lutz13

It is not the laws that we should be focusing on. If you focus on the laws you're destined to fail. The 10 laws Jesus gave on Sinai were basically His character. It is who God is. The Sabbath was given to us so that we could keep our focus on God without worrying about secular things one day out of the week. It was the day He made holy. The only way you will ever follow any of these laws is if you stop focusing on them, and put your focus on Jesus. He then cleanses you of this world. These "laws" are no longer a burden because "I delight to do Your will, O my God. And Your law is within my heart" It then becomes natural for us to follow Him, and not this world.

If you belong to this world, you will dwell on things of this world. Start putting your thoughts to the Kingdom of God.

The 10 commandments weren't abolished. If they were it would be ok for me to go around on a killing spree, and God wouldn't care.

Even Jesus spoke of an event that would take place 40 years after His death. "And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath." -Matthew 24:20

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2009 - 10:21PM #15
RayGarton

Lutz wrote:  It is not the laws that we should be focusing on.

Then stay out of the Seventh-day Adventist cult, because that's all they do!

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
-- Steve Weinberg
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2009 - 10:22PM #16
Discerner

Mar 30, 2009 -- 8:29PM, VG59 wrote:

Andrew are not also in the ark of the covenant all of the laws that God dictated to Moses? 

Deut 31: 26 is one reference to laws that God dictated to Moses that are in the ark.

Discerner: Val, the two tablets of stone, on which God wrote the Ten Commandments, were placed INSIDE the ark per God's instructions. This is recounted by Moses in Deuteronomy 10:4 and 5, which say, Vs 4 "And he wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the LORD spake unto you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and the LORD gave them unto me. Vs 5 - And I turned myself and came down from the mount, and put the tables in the ark which I had made; and there they be, as the LORD commanded me." .

Then Moses recounts all of the instructions given to him by God that pertained to the statutes, laws and judgments for the Jews in most of the chapters of Deuteronomy up until Deuteronomy 31. Verses 24-26, provide for the disposition of the law of Moses. They say, "And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, Vs 25 - That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, Vs 26 - Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee." Moses wrote these laws, most likely on a scroll, and instructed them to place it in the side, or beside, the ark. Why were they placed beside the ark? In Deuteronomy 31:9-11, it tells us that God instructed Moses that after he had finished writing the laws, etc., that they would be read to the people every seven years at the feast of tabernacles. As you know, no one was allowed to touch the ark, that is the reason that the laws that Moses wrote were placed 'beside' the ark.

I hope this answers your question.

God bless!

Discerner

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2009 - 10:24PM #17
Lutz13

Mar 30, 2009 -- 10:21PM, RayGarton wrote:

Lutz wrote:  It is not the laws that we should be focusing on.

Then stay out of the Seventh-day Adventist cult, because that's all they do!

Hey Brother, how are you? It has been awhile.

My faith is in Christ, not the church. However, I enjoy the fellowship with my fellow brothers and sisters. Even if we do not agree on everything.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2009 - 10:26PM #18
RayGarton

Lutz wrote:  My faith is in Christ, not the church. However, I enjoy the fellowship with my fellow brothers and sisters. Even if we do not agree on everything.

That's great, glad to hear it.  Just don't step out of line, though, or that'll change awfully fast.

-- Steve Weinberg
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2009 - 10:32PM #19
Lutz13

Mar 30, 2009 -- 10:26PM, RayGarton wrote:

Lutz wrote:  My faith is in Christ, not the church. However, I enjoy the fellowship with my fellow brothers and sisters. Even if we do not agree on everything.

That's great, glad to hear it.  Just don't step out of line, though, or that'll change awfully fast.

It does not matter if it does. What God has taught me is, if someone wrongs me. I should love them still and pray for them. God will give them their just reward.

“But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality.” -Colossians 3:25

Though I doubt I have much to worry about. God has given me a wonderful group of people to fellowship with. It is a smaller church, and feels very much like a family.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2009 - 10:39PM #20
sincerly

Mar 30, 2009 -- 8:29PM, VG59 wrote:

Andrew are not also in the ark of the covenant all of the laws that God dictated to Moses? 

Deut 31: 26 is one reference to laws that God dictated to Moses that are in the ark.

Val, Deut,31:26, refers to those things(cursings and Blessings----Chap. 27-31) which which Moses wrote just before the Children of Israel crossed the Jordan after 40 years of wandering.  They were not put "within", but "beside" the Ark.  Check the "blueletterbible" concerning "in the side" as used.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook