Switch to Forum Live View Georgia Guidestones
6 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2009 - 9:25PM #1
Pink52
What are your thoughts on the Georgia Guidestones?

http://www.radioliberty.com/stones.htm
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 4:21PM #2
Stardove
The Georgia Guidestones are some what of a mystery.  Wanting to reduce the populations is  a scary thought, although the word used is maintain.

Limiting the population of the earth to 500 million will require the extermination of nine-tenths of the world's people.

THE MESSAGE OF THE GEORGIA GUIDESTONES

1.  Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2.  Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3.  Unite humanity with a living new language.
4.  Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5.  Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6.  Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7.  Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8.  Balance personal rights with social duties.
9.  Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10.Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 12:31AM #3
malachan
"Limiting the population of the earth to 500 million will require the extermination of nine-tenths of the world's people."

I agree that is a scary thought; however, this was just an assumption of the author after reading the message on the guildestone.

I think another alternative to overpopulation that won't  cause anyone harm is to perhaps encourage  people (not force like in China) to Voluntarily have maybe about 1 to 2 kids or maybe even just adopt since there are always children in the world without parents and who need a home.  By doing this,  the world population would gradually and slowly reduce over many generations to a safe and stable number.  As a caveat I'm not in complete agreement with the 500 million or any particular ideal "manageable" number, since there are so many variables to take into account.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook