Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View I too am a Christian
9 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 12:03PM #1
Buddhist
Theophilus, whatever helps you sleep at night. You should do more research of your own religion.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 7:05PM #2
Utilyan
3. Do not indulge in sexual misconduct

I think not getting any is a sexual misconduct in the ultimate terms of the meaning of sexual misconduct.       Cause  you can't get sex wrong more then not having it. 

For example driving........    If i sat outside on a rock and went bbbrrrroooooooom.......  Some may argue that my driving is horrible and a total misconduct of driving.

I think according to the 5 precepts...... im doomed!
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 12:16PM #3
PeaceLoveandUnderstanding
This O.P. makes me sick, I like some people of all religions but enough of this. Why put down such a Wonderful religion that I like so much>?? Christians can sometimes be so exclusive and arrogant, If I'm wrong which I doubt I will be in this fairy tale Hell. That won't happen though because no such thing as this Christian Hell!!!. I love Buddhism and I get offended when people like this are so insecure they have to put such a wonderful belief down.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 9:45PM #4
RenGalskap
Hi PL&U,

That sort of post is actually welcome here. This board is intended to be the place where anyone can criticize Buddhism. :)

That sort of post is not permitted in the main Buddhism community area, so you may want to stick to those boards if the OP's post bothers you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 10:30PM #5
LadyGuin
Whats this about false Gods? I can't speak for Hindus but personally (as a Buddhist) I don't believe in any Gods at all!
I don't really understand how any of this relates to Buddhists. I don't really even understand why this was posted.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2009 - 8:39AM #6
Kartari

LadyGuin wrote:

Whats this about false Gods? I can't speak for Hindus but personally (as a Buddhist) I don't believe in any Gods at all!
I don't really understand how any of this relates to Buddhists. I don't really even understand why this was posted.

That's because it doesn't relate to Buddhism at all.  This thread was a silly, grossly misinformed attempt to scare Buddhists into becoming fundie Christians, I suppose? :/

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2009 - 8:46AM #7
Kartari

PeaceLoveandUnderstanding wrote:

This O.P. makes me sick, I like some people of all religions but enough of this. Why put down such a Wonderful religion that I like so much>?? Christians can sometimes be so exclusive and arrogant, If I'm wrong which I doubt I will be in this fairy tale Hell. That won't happen though because no such thing as this Christian Hell!!!. I love Buddhism and I get offended when people like this are so insecure they have to put such a wonderful belief down.

Some Christians can.  But don't let it get to you, don't take it personally.  Personally, I found the comments rather silly, not taking offense in the least. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2009 - 9:31AM #8
Bunsinspace
BS"D

I understand when someone acknowledges that they view everything through the lens of their religious indoctrination.  But to realize that and yet to do nothing about it does not seem appropriate, especially when addressing a way of life not even considered by that religion. 

If the wheel of dharma turns to order a person's mind and behavior toward a universal balance, it would appear the OP just got run over by his/her own religion.  Medic!!!  :D
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook