Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Fallen, like it or not
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 11:36PM #1
also_Gods_daughter
I have a story that will make your hair curl, unfortunately, I know how it goes on some forums, so allow me to simultaneously address your questions while giving what little info I want to sneak in without attracting too much attention to myself:

1)    “Only Christians seem to attract evil spirits” – I was an atheist.
2)    “Only negative people attract evil spirits” – family and friends will debate this notion.
3)    “You must have called it upon yourself” – nope– it seems to have looked me up after a death.
4)    “You’re a Christian fundamentalist” – no again; probably closest to Trinitarian Universalist.
5)    “Spirit guides and angels pose no real danger” – I call something that once controlled my body and mind to some degree “dangerous”.
6)    “You’re mentally ill” – again – friends and family will say otherwise; let’s add to that several spiritual advisers and a handful of mental health workers that know the entire story.
7)    “You should have just sent it to the light then” – it didn’t want to go.

I am not posting to judge you but to warn you. Those speaking to spirit guides are in touch with fallen angels. An evil spirit (AKA “demon” or fallen angel) masking itself as friendly (or as a regular angel, for that matter)  is the oldest trick in the book; one that people of multiple faiths can agree on. They are infinitely smarter than humans and are masterful liars; they cannot be “read” and are also for that matter entirely capable of claiming they have been sent by God. In my experience, they also have no trouble mimicking the dead to perfection (meaning in voice and apparition).

I am going to give you this- for a spirit to gain as much control as this one did with me, it has to be granted permission. When it first approached me, some previous situation had given it some degree of permission already; no one is sure what. It appears to have been hanging around a friend then approached me after his death. I allowed it in further without being aware of what I was doing- just listening was enough to give it more control.

It’s buyer beware here, as far as I’m concerned. What finally made it leave? I don’t think I can say, if I do I may be seen as proselytizing. There must, however, be a way to message me here; I am still figuring out the forums and haven't even been able to get my profile together yet.

God bless.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2008 - 11:53AM #2
Stardove
Sorry about the experience you went through also_Gods_daughter, but IMO you were not dealing with your spirit guides. 

What ever happened to you were probably  dealing with some lost entity.   Our spirit guides do not force anything upon us.  We have free will.  They much like the angels simply guide us, but all decisions are left up to the person.

Lost entities are those souls which upon death do not go to the Light, but continued to stay in the astral plane closest to the earth and easiest to connect with.  These lost souls would be why haunting, ghosts, etc. take place.  When we come across one of these lost souls we should pray for them, asking the angels to take them across the veil to the other side.  We should tell the spirits they do not belong here and to go to the Light (cross over).

Spirit Guides were never angels.  They were at one point in a physical body just like us.  Upon their physical death at some point they will make an agreement to stay on the other side and guide a person through out their life.

In all the years of my spiritual development I have never had an unpleasant moment or experience with my spirit guides.  They continue to be loving spiritual partners in my life and I am grateful for their presence.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 4:11PM #3
mainecaptain
I don't have a lot to add at the moment, but I completely agree with you Stardove.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 8:03PM #4
also_Gods_daughter
stardove and mainecaptain,

I appreciate the kind replies and that no one has attacked me based on the information I have posted thus far.

My issue is this: the spirit that approached me was able to mimic the deceased friend to perfection. It knew information only he and I had shared. It had some level of control over me from the start, God only knows why. By "control" I mean it was able to cause me strange physical sensations. This started on the night I decided to talk to it and ask it why it was around (I felt it with me; no idea how exactly since as I said I'd been an athiest). Possibly talking to it allowed it control, again only God knows.

There was just no warning that I had anyone but him on the line, and that this was not something sent from God. Since it clearly had control over me, I was easily fooled into thinking God had sent him, and it did claim allegiance with God repeatedly.

It later demonstrated a hatred of Jesus, an equally significant hatred of Michael the Archangel, and a firm allegiance to Satan (launching what I call "attack" if I spoke out against him), in fact at times ordering me not to mock him as I'd started doing in anger. Note that I did NOT believe in Satan when this whole thing started.

In the end, it gave me a name, which roughly translates in Hebrew as "tribe of Ba'al".

Based on the above, on the fact that it did demonstrate a level of control over me, and its eventual claim of being a "demon", I can't understand any line of reasoning that this was a human spirit. It also had some control over events and those around me in the end; I can't prove this of course.

I do believe that if I had been spending a lot of time talking to spirits prior to this, I would have seen an issue with this one. Because of my atheism and fear of the supernatural, I was terribly naive.

As I said, my purpose in posting is not to condemn or judge but to share an experience that may help others. I don't see how speaking to spirits can be safe seeing this one's ability to lie and mimic. It also, as I said, demonstrated an extremely high intelligence; this coupled with an obvious hatred toward me (and the human race in general) that was unchecked in the end made this a very, very frightening experience.

I do pray for everyone here and send you blessings.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2008 - 6:14AM #5
also_Gods_daughter
For clarity since it seems it could be confusing: it gave me its own name, which roughly translates in Hebrew as "tribe of Ba'al". The way I wrote it, it looks like it assigned me a name.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2008 - 6:49AM #6
also_Gods_daughter
[QUOTE=stardove;853298]

...Our spirit guides do not force anything upon us.  We have free will.  They much like the angels simply guide us, but all decisions are left up to the person.

Lost entities are those souls which upon death do not go to the Light, but continued to stay in the astral plane closest to the earth and easiest to connect with.  These lost souls would be why haunting, ghosts, etc. take place....

Spirit Guides were never angels.  They were at one point in a physical body just like us.  Upon their physical death at some point they will make an agreement to stay on the other side and guide a person through out their life.
[/QUOTE]

Hi stardove!

Again, I'm not here to make trouble; simply to impart my information and hopefully learn something as well. I'm curious as to the origin of the information in your post. Do you know who initially started educating about Spirit Guides? What about lost entities as you call them?

I know the American Indians used Shamans. Is this perhaps where the idea originated? Have there been any people in the last century or so that provided information as to how Guides work (as in that they were never angels, they made an agreement to guide others, etc.). How did they obtain this information?

The reason I ask is that most people I've spoken to have the other theory that this was a fallen angel; that 1/3 of the angels were cast to earth with Satan when he rebelled and this is what those spirits are that we deal with. They back this idea with the Bible (again- I am not a Christian fundamentalist, but most who say this are). The Catholics I have spoken to have said the same thing- it's a fallen angel ("demon", but I don't like that word).

Given the most recent information I posted, do those who know about Guides say that one can gain some degree of physical and mental control of the person being guided? What about those around me, as I've claimed? Can they predict the future? (this one did). What about the hatred of Jesus and Michael the Archangel, and the declared allegiance to Satan and defense of him? Or the claim of the label "demon"? Is this just an angry entity run amok? If so, how would I have protected myself from it?

The scenario is that a friend died; 2 weeks later I suddenly felt a strong sense of him standing behind me in my kitchen out of the blue; I just knew it was him. I heard him speak to me briefly (clearly his voice); he made a joke only he and I knew, his old coffee mug fell out of the cabinet as if pushed, then the presence hung around the apartment for hours until bedtime. My cats clearly knew exactly where he was as well and were scared to death of him; I mean they would not go anywhere near him and looked right at the area where I thought he was standing and clearly were seeing something, or sensing it as I was. Friends suggested I talk to him and ask why he was still here with me; I did so.

The "control" I keep referring to that took place that first night was a pleasant, fluttery feeling in my chest. The spirit claimed responsibility, and it did announce that it was going to do this before it happened. Also, as I spoke to it I felt as if I was in a light trance (I didn't recognize it as such, but I was very confused and felt vaguely drugged). There was a beautiful golden orb in my apartment that I watched for maybe an hour; it claimed it was him and that someone had sent him to watch over me. It did not at that time claim to have been sent by God, just "someone". The story goes on from there.

I want to make sure this part is clear: this spirit is NOT the deceased friend. It did change identities on me several times (once actually claiming to be Michael the Archangel himself). The theory is that this spirit hung around the friend and I when he was alive for whatever reason and learned his voice, our secrets, and his mannerisms, and knew which coffee mug was his, etc.; this is why it could easily mimic him.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2008 - 1:28PM #7
Stardove
Just wanted to let you know I have to go to town (Fort Worth)and will not be back till late, so I will get back to your post later, maybe even tomorrow.  It's time for me to be leaving now.

If anyone wishes to share their experience with their Spirit Guides please do so.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2008 - 2:17PM #8
also_Gods_daughter
[QUOTE=stardove;860920]Just wanted to let you know I have to go to town (Fort Worth)and will not be back till late, so I will get back to your post later, maybe even tomorrow.  It's time for me to be leaving now.

If anyone wishes to share their experience with their Spirit Guides please do so.[/QUOTE]

Okay- thanks!

My ex-husband is from a very small town near Ft. Worth; I know what going to town is all about. :D

Have fun!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2008 - 2:31PM #9
mainecaptain
Spirit guides are not fallen angels. There are many beings out there none I believe to be demons and fallen angels.

Granted not every Spirit being is going to be a good one, any more then every human being is going to be a good one. And you just don't invite total strangers into your home do you? So you would not invite a totally strange and unknown Spirit being into yours life either.

Spirit guides are something entirely different. For one they do not seek control, over you or your life. They aid when requested and expect nothing in return. And your Spirit guides  are with you all the time whether you are aware or not. They aid us in life not take control.

If something is trying to take control it is not a guide or Guardian. It could just as likely be a deceased person that wants back, or any number of other low vibration beings.

If one really wants to know you can tell the difference. And they only have the control you give them which you can take back.

We are surrounded by the discarnate all the time, most of the time we are not aware. And since they have no interest we do not notice.
Not every unseen being is bad. The bad  tend gain through our fears.

Good luck on your situation, I hope everything works out  for you.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2008 - 3:21PM #10
also_Gods_daughter
[QUOTE=mainecaptain;861099]Spirit guides are not fallen angels. There are many beings out there none I believe to be demons and fallen angels.

Granted not every Spirit being is going to be a good one, any more then every human being is going to be a good one. And you just don't invite total strangers into your home do you? So you would not invite a totally strange and unknown Spirit being into yours life either.

Spirit guides are something entirely different. For one they do not seek control, over you or your life. They aid when requested and expect nothing in return. And your Spirit guides  are with you all the time whether you are aware or not. They aid us in life not take control.

If something is trying to take control it is not a guide or Guardian. It could just as likely be a deceased person that wants back, or any number of other low vibration beings.

If one really wants to know you can tell the difference. And they only have the control you give them which you can take back.

We are surrounded by the discarnate all the time, most of the time we are not aware. And since they have no interest we do not notice.
Not every unseen being is bad. The bad  tend gain through our fears.

Good luck on your situation, I hope everything works out  for you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information.

I am curious- do you believe angels exist at all? Or just that none have fallen? What is a "low vibration being?"

You stated wisely that one should not invite an unknown spirit in. Given the information provided, how would I have known this was not the deceased friend and know not to speak to it? It had his voice, laugh, jokes, private information. It "vibed" like him, for lack of a better word (I had felt it was clearly him suddenly standing behind me that afternoon). Later on it gave me very accurate apparitions.

Given all this, how could I have known this wasn't him, and how can anyone speaking to spirits know who they are actually speaking to? Don't guides just give a name, for that matter? How do you know they are good?

In the beginning, it did make the suggestion that I was giving it control and it would take what I gave. The problem is, when I immediately needed control back (and I mean at the point at which it said "I'm a demon") I could not readily get it.

As I said though- it was demonstrating control over me from the start- placing me into trance and making the fluttery feeling in my chest. Up to then, I had done absolutely nothing except acknowledge its presence and ask why it (he) was with me.

I believe as well that we are surrounded by spirits at all times; my belief (unless someone can convince me otherwise) is that these are the angels and fallen angels with us (not to mention the Holy Spirit).

You said the bad gain through our fears; I guess you mean control or access. I tend to disagree (to a point), simply because I wasn't really afraid up to (and beyond, even) the point at which it demonstrated control that first night. The question is how it gained that control then.

Here is where I agree: it gained more control, for whatever reason. I trusted it and cooperated with it in full, meaning I eventually progressed to allowing it to show me visions and guide my life. It did a superb job for the most part, BTW, and was very loving, kind, and knowledgeable about just about everything from diet to furniture placement. It lived with me as a life guide and I was completely unafraid; in fact I felt safer than ever. This honeymoon phase as you might call it lasted a year and a half. I talked to it daily during that time.

This led up to the day that it announced it was a demon. There had been warning signs that for whatever reason I ignored; I to this day do not know why, since I am intelligent and very aware. It would show me that things were looking odd, then sit back and let me decide if it was good or evil (this was something I only realized in hindsight). Sent by God to test or Satan to torment?

By that time, it had gained a lot of control over my mind, body, and emotions. You can believe that or not. It started in tormenting me night and day and repeatedly tried to get me to kill myself. It was horrible.

It took a very, very long time for me to understand how to drive it away and regain control. However, to this day, it still hangs around (again- God only knows why- as I understand, it now has no "home" and wants to continue to be with me- not because I am a negative person, but because I am a warm body). To this day, it is able to throw me unwanted visions and has to be told to leave.

Through this, I have felt closer to God than ever and I do feel He tells me things (mostly to keep sending the spirit away and to have faith in Him).

I am not the first to have encountered such a power struggle. I found a website by a pastor who had been harassed in a similar fashion while in seminary and he had to rebuke spirits frequently until they finally decided to stop knocking as this one is.

I just want people to look at this story. How, exactly, would I have known this wasn't the friend? How was I to know I was making it stronger by speaking to it and allowing it to show me visions? How was I then to immediately grab control back when it announced demonhood? This simply was not possible. Believe me, I tried over and over to regain control. To ignore it. Even to send it away in Jesus' name (at that point, it would not even obey this command; now it does).

If I could not properly discern something that looked, talked, felt, and acted like a deceased friend and lovingly guided me for a year and a half (claiming over and over to have been sent by God), how can you discern a spirit that simply gives you a name?

For those that don't believe it was a demon, I am also curious as to the explanation as to how human spirits are gaining such power after death that they are able to control other innocents such as me (and some people that had the misfortune of coming into contact with me).

Thanks for any more enlightenment you can give. Can anyone tell me the origin of the information you have on Spirit Guides?

God bless.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook