6 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2008 - 8:11PM #1
serunato
Okay, assuming there is a place for someone of my beliefs, a secular humanist agnostic pizza lover, at a UU church I was wondering, in your own opinions, if there is really any good reason to go to a UU church outside of the social aspect. Like do they have pizza?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2008 - 1:13AM #2
Jcarlinbn
[QUOTE=serunato;850565]Okay, assuming there is a place for someone of my beliefs, a secular humanist agnostic pizza lover, at a UU church I was wondering, in your own opinions, if there is really any good reason to go to a UU church outside of the social aspect. Like do they have pizza?[/QUOTE] [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="DarkRed"]First, don't overlook the social aspects.  Even secular humanist agnostics are social animals and at a UU church nobody will get uptight about your beliefs, and will usually accept you for everything else you bring to the group. 
Second, if that little boy is part of your family, the UU Sunday School Curriculum from the Cradle Roll through the High School Seminar is worth the price of admission. 
Third, if you seeded the first meeting with a couple of pizzas I would bet the after Coffee Hour secular humanist agnostic discussion and pizza group would be oversubscribed the first Sunday you announced it.

[FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="YellowGreen"]
Welcome Serunato
[/COLOR]
[/FONT]
to the UU Boards, you might find the [COLOR="Blue"]UU Community[/COLOR] board of interest as well.   
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2008 - 8:23PM #3
Ursyl
Pizza certainly is not forbidden, and when it's your turn to bring the "coffee hour" snacks, you're free to provide pizza if you wish.

I've found the sense of community to be Wonderful. And the kids have benefitted from the friendships and religious education, whether the 18 yo admits it or not....

The weekly brain massage I get from ours is well worth the "price of admission."
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook