Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 4:48PM #1
RayGarton
Nowhere in the bible are we given the height of either Adam or Eve. But the Seventh-day Adventist "prophet" was not content with what's in the bible and added to the scripture. About Adam, she wrote the following:

"Adam’s height was much greater than that of men who now inhabit the earth. Eve was somewhat less in stature" -- Patriarchs and Prophets, pg. 45

"He (Adam) was more than twice as tall as men now living upon the earth. ... Eve was not quite as tall as Adam. Her head reached a little above his shoulders." -- Spiritual Gifts, Vol. 3, pg. 34

This raises some questions. A great deal of discussion has taken place on this board about whether or not Ellen White was a prophet. Non-Adventists who have looked into it find it rather obvious that she was not. Some of the Adventists here claim her writing is used merely for spiritual guidance, that she was a wise woman with insight into the bible who wrote a lot. Others maintain that she was indeed a prophet of God whose writing came from above, and everything negative ever said or written about her has been a vicious lie. I have a couple of questions.

If she was not a prophet and just a wise religious writer, then where did she get the information above regarding Adam's and Eve's height, which appears nowhere in the bible? If she was a prophet and got all her information from God, what significance could the height of Adam and Eve possibly have for anyone? How will the height of Adam and Eve add to anyone's spiritual journey? Doesn't this say something about Ellen White herself -- that she had a tendency to pay attention to and give significance to things that really don't matter?

One more thing. Deuteronomy 4:2 tells us, "Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you." In light of this, how do you justify Ellen White, or anyone, adding to the Word things that are not there?
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
-- Steve Weinberg
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 5:16PM #2
clintedwards
[QUOTE=RayGarton;840684]Nowhere in the bible are we given the height of either Adam or Eve. But the Seventh-day Adventist "prophet" was not content with what's in the bible and added to the scripture. About Adam, she wrote the following:

"Adam’s height was much greater than that of men who now inhabit the earth. Eve was somewhat less in stature" -- Patriarchs and Prophets, pg. 45

"He (Adam) was more than twice as tall as men now living upon the earth. ... Eve was not quite as tall as Adam. Her head reached a little above his shoulders." -- Spiritual Gifts, Vol. 3, pg. 34

This raises some questions. A great deal of discussion has taken place on this board about whether or not Ellen White was a prophet. Non-Adventists who have looked into it find it rather obvious that she was not. Some of the Adventists here claim her writing is used merely for spiritual guidance, that she was a wise woman with insight into the bible who wrote a lot. Others maintain that she was indeed a prophet of God whose writing came from above, and everything negative ever said or written about her has been a vicious lie. I have a couple of questions.

If she was not a prophet and just a wise religious writer, then where did she get the information above regarding Adam's and Eve's height, which appears nowhere in the bible? If she was a prophet and got all her information from God, what significance could the height of Adam and Eve possibly have for anyone? How will the height of Adam and Eve add to anyone's spiritual journey? Doesn't this say something about Ellen White herself -- that she had a tendency to pay attention to and give significance to things that really don't matter?

One more thing. Deuteronomy 4:2 tells us, "Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you." In light of this, how do you justify Ellen White, or anyone, adding to the Word things that are not there?[/QUOTE]

Ray -  That sucker could drop em in from the three point line too.  I want to see him go up against Hulk Hogan, with ellen having seizures in the middle of the ring between rounds, what a show !
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 6:19PM #3
VG59
:p:eek:WHAT? Ray, are you departing from you character of not utilizing the Bible????:eek::p

I would add and wonder if there is any possible fossil evidence that people were taller than we are today.

But then I am certain that Satan has utilized the fossil evidence to deceive all of us.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 7:06PM #4
RayGarton
Val wrote:  Ray, are you departing from you character of not utilizing the Bible????

Oh, I've used the bible many, many, many times on this board.  Of course, to the people here, the bible means nothing when I use it -- it only works when they use it.  I just don't think it's necessary to back up every comment and every word with some kind of scripture, because that, of course, is impossible, and those who do it are only making fools of themselves.  More than once I have posted the biblical tests of a prophet and have shown that Ellen White fails miserably on all counts, but that has been totally ignored, of course.  And here, I'm using it to show that Ellen has done something one is not supposed to do -- she's added to the bible.  And once again, this will be ignored by the goose-stepping flock.  But it's here to be seen by any who might be passing through.

Val wrote:  But then I am certain that Satan has utilized the fossil evidence to deceive all of us.

The great comedian Lewis Black did a show in the south in which he discussed evolution and joked about those who shun science.  After the show, an audience member approached him and said he didn't like what Lewis had to say about evolution, creation, and fossils.  "Fossils," the pious audience member said, "are the handiwork of the devil."
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
-- Steve Weinberg
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 7:36PM #5
Aveverumcorpus
Oh, Ray!  I know!  I know!  He was 900 feet tall before God gave him the 10 Commandments and he became Michael the Archangel.

Do i get the prize?  Huh?  Do I????!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2008 - 12:37AM #6
andrewcyrus
[QUOTE=RayGarton;840684]Nowhere in the bible are we given the height of either Adam or Eve. But the Seventh-day Adventist "prophet" was not content with what's in the bible and added to the scripture. About Adam, she wrote the following:

One more thing. Deuteronomy 4:2 tells us, "Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you." In light of this, how do you justify Ellen White, or anyone, adding to the Word things that are not there?[/QUOTE]

Adding words to the ten commandments was forbidden.  Describing ADAM a 900 year old being who ate some some pretty good food and breahted some non toxic air and seen and desc ribed via inspiration from God by Ellen White would support they height statement.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2008 - 12:42AM #7
RayGarton
Andrew wrote:  desc ribed via inspiration from God by Ellen White would support they height statement.

Actually, that doesn't support anything.  Ellen White's "inspiration" was alcholic vinegar.  There's nothing in the bible about Adam's height.

And by the way, Ellen White did add to the ten commandments, and she contradicted the words of Jesus Christ when she did it.  She claimed that the fourth commandment was the greatest of all the commandments.  There's nothing in the ten commandments about which commandment is the greatest.  This was adding to these commandments by emphasizing one over all the others.
-- Steve Weinberg
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2008 - 12:43AM #8
andrewcyrus
Debate over see ya!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2008 - 12:46AM #9
VG59
Now how did a non prophet see Adam? Only prophets have these sorts of visions.

And how did she have inspiration of God?  Only prophets have these sorts of things.

And you all say she isn't a prophet.

Is she or isn't she a prophet?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2008 - 12:46AM #10
RayGarton
Andrew wrote:  Debate over see ya!

Ha!  That is the Seventh-day Adventist method of debate!  "Debate over, see ya!"  Cut and run!  That is the debate Andrew wants to engage in, the absence of which he was lamenting in another post -- a debate in which he says whatever he wants, then leaves.  This is why Adventists tend to keep to themselves -- because the only people they can talk to are other Adventists.  Normal, thinking people don't tolerate this kind of crap.  Ha!  They keep proving me right!
-- Steve Weinberg
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook