6 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2008 - 5:22AM #1
ProfessorGoatPellets
Howdy one and all,

I trust you are healthy, happy and here and now.

I've always thought that the final goal of Scientology was to achieve the state of 'Total Freedom'.  Yet I find - through earlier threads I've started here - that most Scientologists seem to have never even heard the term ...

So I'm left wondering exactly what the final goal is.  If it's just something along the lines of 'to be happy' then really that's a little weak.  Surely a religon should aim for more than that.

Equally important is the question of how many people have achieved this goal - given that a number of OT levels are yet to be released it can only be concluded that absolutely no-one has achieved this.  After all - there is no reason to procede beyond the final goal - there would be nothing left to achieve - it is the end.

So - what is the final goal of Scientology?

Goat
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2008 - 8:39PM #2
ProfessorGoatPellets
It does seem odd to me that Scientologists are so vague about this. 

It would be the first question I would ask.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2008 - 2:40AM #3
Bug
yES, it does seem odd doesn't it.  And LRH is channeling those "unreleased OT" levels from the grave!  Or, " . . .  long lost manuscripts left by LRH have just been discovered!!!!"
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2008 - 12:52PM #4
fluffygirl

ProfessorGoatPellets wrote:

Howdy one and all,

I trust you are healthy, happy and here and now.

I've always thought that the final goal of Scientology was to achieve the state of 'Total Freedom'. Yet I find - through earlier threads I've started here - that most Scientologists seem to have never even heard the term ...

So I'm left wondering exactly what the final goal is. If it's just something along the lines of 'to be happy' then really that's a little weak. Surely a religon should aim for more than that.

Equally important is the question of how many people have achieved this goal - given that a number of OT levels are yet to be released it can only be concluded that absolutely no-one has achieved this. After all - there is no reason to procede beyond the final goal - there would be nothing left to achieve - it is the end.

So - what is the final goal of Scientology?

Goat

The goal of organized Scn is different from the goal of the philosophy. The former is only interested in preserving the former, whether it be at the expense of those they claimed to want to help or not- it's fine with them.

The goal of Scn itself, though, (there is no group called "Scientology") is to free a person up personally so that he or she is no longer "effect" of his or her environment.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2008 - 12:37AM #5
ProfessorGoatPellets
[QUOTE=fluffygirl;836095]The goal of Scn itself, though, (there is no group called "Scientology") is to free a person up personally so that he or she is no longer "effect" of his or her environment.[/QUOTE]

So am I right in thinking that no-one has attained this state yet? 

It seems reasonable to assume this given that there are unreleased OT levels; there would be no further OT levels once the goal has been reached.

Goat
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 2:04AM #6
fluffygirl

ProfessorGoatPellets wrote:

So am I right in thinking that no-one has attained this state yet?

It seems reasonable to assume this given that there are unreleased OT levels; there would be no further OT levels once the goal has been reached.

Goat

Not wholly. Not to the extent that Hubbard promised. But (for some people) to an extent? Yes. Sporadically? Yes. Better than before they got into Scn? Yes.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook