Page 1 of 34  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: The Kempon Hokke
6 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2008 - 1:40AM #1
Neverdespise
Kempon Hokke-USA Charter

1). Chant Namu Myoho renge kyo to the Gohonzon (Object of Worship) until the last moment of life.

2). Believe exclusively in the Lotus Sutra.

3). Believe exclusively in Shakyamuni Buddha of the 16th Chapter of the Lotus Sutra.

4). Tell others to do the same.

5). Uphold the principles of Establishing the Peace of the Land Through the Propagation of the True Law (Rissho Ankoku Ron)

Kempon Hokke Offer:

If you vow to try the Kempon Hokke practice for ninety days, I will send you The Tradition of Nichiren Doctrine, and four sutra books, a seventy dollar value, for free.

The three daily use Essential Services of the Kempon Hokke Sutra books are in both sino-japanese and english and are annotated.

One such annotation, under the heading, Hoben-pon or Expedient Means ("Having the Immeasureables13, the Unhindered14, the Powers15, Fearlessness16, Trance17), reads, for example,

17. "Trance: The Trance of Reality; the trance is the Shuryogon (Surangama) Trance (the firmly heroic samadhi whereby the Buddha destroys the delusions of the demon Mara's armies.) In later translations, trance is rendered, 'guiet meditation.'"

One collectors edition Sutra book:

Hardbacked collectors edition with easy turn pages. Ideal for arthritics and those with neuromuscular conditions. Only fifty remain.

One Tradition of Nichiren Doctrine:

Translated by Graham Lamont. Hard-backed version with more than 80 color prints (photos of prints) and photographs of Buddha statues, paintings, Buddhist art, Eagle Peak, Nichiren and Nichiju, head Temple Myomanji etc. and more than 200 black and white prints and photographs of Shakyamuni Buddha, his relics, the life of Nichiren Daishonin and Nichiju Shonin and 165 pages of doctrine (102 pages of prints and photos). Most photos and prints never before seen on the web. Integrated bookmark. Quality ten of ten guaranteed. Book Measures ~ 8 inches by ~ 6 inches by ~ 3/4 inches. Prints and photos on glossy paper. Only twenty-eight remain.

If interested, e-mail me at Mrogow@rochester.rr.com

You may also contact me through my beliefnet page name, Neverdespise. On this page you will find the Kempon Hokke chant of the Second and Sixteenth Chapters of the Lotus Sutra and the recitation of Namu Myoho renge kyo.

Mark, disciple of Shakyamuni Buddha and Nichiren Daishonin
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2008 - 7:44AM #2
Engyo
Hi, Mark -

Welcome to Beliefnet!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2008 - 12:01PM #3
sgi_chris
Hey Mark,

As Engyo just said, welcome! It is truly great to meet another practioner of the Lotus Sutra.

I am not familiar with Kempon Hokke-USA Charter. Are they affliated with the Soka Gakkai? Or any other school of Nichiren Buddhism?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2008 - 9:36AM #4
Livindesert
Kempon Hokke is kind of like a extreamly strict version of Nichiren Shu.

http://www.fraughtwithperil.com/blogs/kemponhokke/

The poster known as Mark here has laid out various "make it rain" challenges to various Nichiren practitioners. I saw one web site where a poster asked him to make it rain in a desert that has not seen it for many years. The challenge was not agreed to because it was in too dry an area.

Mark dose seem like a very passionate person though : )
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2008 - 12:12PM #5
Neverdespise
Thank You Engyo for your welcome and thank you Livindesert for your somewhat muted praise. Livin' in the desert, you should know the difference between drought plagued regions and naturally arid areas such as these, the driest places on earth.

Dry Valleys  Antarctica  None (rain) in 2000 yrs  None in 2000 yrs 
Death Valley  California, USA  <3·0 (mm of rain/year ) 
Arica Desert  Chile   <3·0 (mm of rain/year )
Gobi Desert  Central Asia  5-0 (mm rain/year)
Sahara Desert (parts of)  North Africa  (25·0mm rain/year)
Lake Eyre Basin  (101-125mm rain/year)

Buddhist rain challenges have been waged for millenia with the purpose of proving the righteousness (actual proof) of a teaching. They have traditionally been waged in drought plagued areas (not naturally arid regions) and two or more practitioners have both agreed to participate and agreed on a particular location. The challenge still stands and I would be most interested in challenging the SGI which makes the most forceful claims about the efficacy (actual proof) of their teachings. I have also called for a formal debate on the teachings of the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren Daishonin and this is an open call to the SGI.

Mark
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2008 - 4:57PM #6
austex
Oh god, not this shit again. :rolleyes:
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2008 - 2:35PM #7
sgi_chris

Buddhist rain challenges have been waged for millenia with the purpose of proving the righteousness (actual proof) of a teaching. They have traditionally been waged in drought plagued areas (not naturally arid regions) and two or more practitioners have both agreed to participate and agreed on a particular location. The challenge still stands and I would be most interested in challenging the SGI which makes the most forceful claims about the efficacy (actual proof) of their teachings. I have also called for a formal debate on the teachings of the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren Daishonin and this is an open call to the SGI.

what exactly are you calling the SGI to do? Debate?

What is is you want to debate about? Validity? We believe in the L.S. like you, and that myoho-renge-kyo is the only method for riding the world of suffering in the Latter Day of the Law.

Also chanting myoho-renge-kyo to make it rain seems like we are all competing with one another to see who is the best of the best. When, at the most fundamental level, we are all 'Bodhisattva-Buddhas" dedicated to the spread of ultimate happiness in the Latter Day. We can't properly complete this if we are all disputing with one another.

Don't let the delusion of "dogmatic competition" pull you away from the spread of myoho.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2008 - 3:52AM #8
Neverdespise
Dear Austex:

I didn't bring up the matter and I have no desire to persue it. "Be pleased to be without anxiety."

Mark
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2008 - 4:32AM #9
Neverdespise
Dear Chris:

First let me thank you for your warm welcome. Yes. I have been calling for a formal debate with the SGI for more than ten years. I have contacted SGI-Japan,  SGI-USA, and made my debate proposal well known. I have received letters from both Al Albergate and Greg Martin and they have not yet taken me up on my proposal. the following are the topics I proposed for the debate:

1). The identity and significance of the Original Eternal Buddha

2.) The nature of the Master/Disciple relationship in Nichiren Buddhism

3.) The significance of the Gohonzon

4.) The significance of the Lotus Sutra (Myoho renge kyo).

5.) The true meaning of the Votary of the Lotus Sutra.

6.) The true meaning of the Nichiren Faith

7.) Shakabuku versus Shoju in the Degenerate Age

Spreading Myoho or The Wonderful Law is the whole purpose of Buddhism.  Is that what the SGI spreads? Nichiren Daishonin writes:

"The Lotus Sutra states, “Medicine King, now I say to you, I have preached various sutras, and among those sutras the Lotus is the foremost!” Here the Buddha is referring to all the teachings that he has expounded and stating that among these the Lotus ranks in first place. The Buddha’s preaching and the writings of the Great Teacher Kobo are as much at variance with each other as are fire and water. We should investigate and clarify this matter."

Since the SGI's teachings are as much at variance with the teachings of the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren Daishonin as was Kobo's, that which the SGI spreads can hardly be called Myoho. The real delusion is denying the importance of a correct faith and doctrine.

Mark
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2008 - 2:02PM #10
sgi_chris
[QUOTE=Neverdespise;883158]Dear Chris:

First let me thank you for your warm welcome. Yes. I have been calling for a formal debate with the SGI for more than ten years. I have contacted SGI-Japan,  SGI-USA, and made my debate proposal well known. I have received letters from both Al Albergate and Greg Martin and they have not yet taken me up on my proposal. the following are the topics I proposed for the debate:

1). The identity and significance of the Original Eternal Buddha

2.) The nature of the Master/Disciple relationship in Nichiren Buddhism

3.) The significance of the Gohonzon

4.) The significance of the Lotus Sutra (Myoho renge kyo).

5.) The true meaning of the Votary of the Lotus Sutra.

6.) The true meaning of the Nichiren Faith

7.) Shakabuku versus Shoju in the Degenerate Age

Spreading Myoho or The Wonderful Law is the whole purpose of Buddhism.  Is that what the SGI spreads? Nichiren Daishonin writes:

"The Lotus Sutra states, “Medicine King, now I say to you, I have preached various sutras, and among those sutras the Lotus is the foremost!” Here the Buddha is referring to all the teachings that he has expounded and stating that among these the Lotus ranks in first place. The Buddha’s preaching and the writings of the Great Teacher Kobo are as much at variance with each other as are fire and water. We should investigate and clarify this matter."

Since the SGI's teachings are as much at variance with the teachings of the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren Daishonin as was Kobo's, that which the SGI spreads can hardly be called Myoho. The real delusion is denying the importance of a correct faith and doctrine.

Mark[/QUOTE]

Twisting verses around doesn't prove your position to be cogent, nor will it justify your exaggerated accusations. Your preaching to the choir, and trying to convert Nichiren Buddhists to Nichiren Buddhism seems a bit...Meaningless...I guess would be the best word to describe it. No wonder the SGI will not return your petitions, they practice Lotus Sutra Buddhism like you do. Why would they need to debate with you about it?

Think of those thousand Buddhas extending their hands to all of Nichiren’s disciples and lay supporters who chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo as melons or moonflowers extending their slender vines.[No.29, Page 216, col 2, paragraph 4, Content]

The True Aspect of All Phenomena
Nichiren alone took the lead in carrying out the task of the Bodhisattvas of the Earth.
[No.40, Page 385, col 1, paragraph 10, Content]

The True Aspect of All Phenomena
Were they not Bodhisattvas of the Earth, they could not chant the daimoku.
[No.40, Page 385, col 2, paragraph 12, Content]

This is what I believe, aside from foolish narrowmindedness, inherintly all people possess the Buddha-nature, inculding Soka Gakkai and Nikken Sect members, even though I do not submit to their priestly control. Great good can come from great evil in the Latter Day of The Law and The Eternal Buddha is life itself, not a god, there is no god, but the human ability to transform Hell into the land of Tranquil Light.

Mark,

Don't be the warrior that destroies his kingdom's castle from the iniside out, or the the worm that devours the animal from the inside. We are both Bodhisattvas of the Earth, able to reap the Treasures of the Gohonzon, the wish granting jewel. Let's be brothers in the spread of Kosen Rufu in the Latter Day of the Law, not enemies with each other.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 34  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook